*** The Official Rangers vs Dundee Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Excellent performance, it was funny watching Dundee trying to play it out from the back as if their that good like a warburton team. Wee Morelos was great again,the way he holds off players, windass great half,if he could keep that going for 90 mins he would be a really good player,miller sadly is finished,.i liked the way the players all gathered round after we scored every goal. Good team spirit keep it up for thistle. On a side note hearts and  Dundee are woeful,have they got worse since last season?

Dorrans has went off the boil a bit. Defence still gives me the fear at times but candieas and morelos are gems. Game next week is an absolute must win. Windass should start ahead of miller. Brings more balance to the side. Kranjar doesnt have the legs and hopefully pena will make that spot his with a run in the team. 

Suns oot and the bears are on fire. Happy days . 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

On a side note, a few of our fans could do with calming doon and drying their panties a wee bit.

You wonder what the continually screeching pantie wetters go to the game for. There was one guy (not that near me, but easy to hear nonetheless) that from about 15 minutes in till literally the last minute, even when 4 up, did nothing but nervously/angryily screech abuse towards any player in blue like some kind of angry crow.  Not a single positive comment during the whole game. You wonder what these types call themselves, because I'm not sure they can call themselves supporters. 

It's like they go to the game for the sole purpose of getting furious and giving themselves an aneurysm. 

You'd think at 4-0 up he'd shut up and look a bit sheepish, but naw. 

I sit next to a guy like this. He's only been twice this season too. Comes in wearing full Nike cotton trackies, is the size of a whale, and sits on his phone the whole game and when he bothers to watch he just moans at players.

I was pissed off today cause I couldn't get my missus a ticket near me so we got two together in the Broomloan and I gave my ST to my mate. He txtd me at half time and said that guy never turned up.

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Once Pena gets the weight of his passing right I think he'll be some player, and his positional sence in attacking positions is excellent, he could have got 3 today.

I agree. I don't know if it's a confidence thing, but it's like his settings are off. Everything was just slightly out so that passes and touches were shit. His movement and positional sense looks very good though. You could almost see him (if his touch doesn't improve) being shit in most games but ending up with 15 goals.

18 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The score flattered us, i thought we were quite poor to be honest. 

I didn't think we were great but the score certainly didn't flatter us.

Some of the chances we missed and breakaways we fucked up were criminal.

8 - 2 would have been a fairer reflection than 4 - 1.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I didn't think we were great but the score certainly didn't flatter us.

Some of the chances we missed and breakaways we fucked up were criminal.

8 - 2 would have been a fairer reflection than 4 - 1.

I don't agree. I left the ground feeling flattered by the result and worried about the overall performance and in particular some very poor individual performances. 

All about opinions i guess. We all see it differently. 

Stats from BBC, and a lot of our first half chances were sitters could've been way more than 4 

appreciate its only dundee but with Pena or windass or anyone in instead of miller we'd likely have scored 5/6 today 

we need to get more clinical though won't always be able to miss so many sitters and win the gemplayers comprehensively 

IMG_3673.PNG

7 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't agree. I left the ground feeling flattered by the result and worried about the overall performance and in particular some very poor individual performances. 

All about opinions i guess. We all see it differently. 

Agree with SIMA. Dundee had two good chances, we had about 8 or 9 really good ones and a fair few half chances. Thought it should have been more rather than the score flattering us.

Really there was only one team in it and we opened them up plenty.

For me, the players ranged from very good to unremarkable today. I didn't think anyone was poor. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Agree with SIMA. Dundee had two good chances, we had about 8 or 9 really good ones and a fair few half chances. Thought it should have been more rather than the score flattering us.

Really there was only one team in it and we opened them up plenty.

For me, the players ranged from very good to unremarkable today. I didn't think anyone was poor. 

Dorrans was anonymous. Candeias despite playing a part in 2 goals was poor. Miller was dreadful and Kranjcar was verging on embarrassing. Wallace also was pretty poor. 

Lots to work on and fix. 

Good result, in the end, was a bit nervous at 1-0 but our quality showed near the end.

It was only Dundee we need to get a run of games going and putting to be a must win game is good news.

I am still shitting myself for the taigs hopefully I'm just being a miserable cunt and we smash them at home.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Dorrans was anonymous. Candeias despite playing a part in 2 goals was poor. Miller was dreadful and Kranjcar was verging on embarrassing. Wallace also was pretty poor. 

Lots to work on and fix. 

I thought Dorrans was unremarkable, rather than poor.

I thought that Candeias was good, as was Wallace (in fact, I thought Wallace and Tav were very effective today - solid enough at the back, comfortable outlet on the ball and threatening going forwward - bit more what I'd hope for consistently from Wallace).

Miller and Kranjcar were okay I thought, let down by finishing. 

27 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Agree with all your other points but Candeias was very good today. My MOTM.

43 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Lots to work on and fix. 

i agree with some of what you say but we did play some good stuff and should have scored more  my worry is how open we were at times against celtic we will get ripped apart if we dont tighten up   if pedro starts miller a nd kranjcar  in that game he should be sacked

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

i agree with some of what you say but we did play some good stuff and should have scored more  my worry is how open we were at times against celtic we will get ripped apart if we dont tighten up   if pedro starts miller a nd kranjcar  in that game he should be sacked

One will play, most likely Miller. Herrera isn't match fit nor Pena so neither of them will start that one i don't think even if some of us would play them. Not many options sadly. I would play Rossiter and Jack central with Dorrans and Candeias wide and Pena behind Morelos. That's as good as it gets for us right now. GD is offering nothing sat in the CDM role with RJ.