McLeish claims we aren't fit enough

K.A.I

21 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

After an hour we were mentally spent, done and lost belief.  People shouting for a hard man,  enforcer etc. will be the same people complaining when he gets a red card!  

In saying that, we all looked heavy legged and really one dimensional - no dynamism over 10yards...Which makes we curious about training methods. 

MOH said that St Johnstone's training was superior to ours and he got slated for it.

Maybe there was something in what he said after all.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 23:20, The Dude said:

Personally, I think there's likely an element of it being down to confidence. I'm trying to remember who it was I spoke with about this (might have been Murty) but we spoke about how players lacking in confidence in themselves can look a yard slower than normal and vice versa for players who are brimming with confidence.

Probably a bit of truth in that, a bit like a scrappy 0-0 game  we score a goal and suddenly we look a better team all round.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

The thread relates to an ex-manager's comments; I don't know what your point is.

It's a general Comment on RM threads when we go through a bad patch - we get ones saying we are not fit enough - we get ones saying there is dressing room disquiet and then we get ones talking about players / managers body language!  

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's a general Comment on RM threads when we go through a bad patch - we get ones saying we are not fit enough - we get ones saying there is dressing room disquiet and then we get ones talking about players / managers body language!  

Personally, I'm blaming you for all this.:whistle:

I heard Brendan Rodgers forces fake comedy breasts onto his younger players when they're in the shower, but none of them have been stupid enough to put them on yet because they know what would happen.

See how easy it is to make up rumours?

We as fans are not happy, but when did we turn into a load of whining women complaining about everything from a poor decision to our managers body language to our players looking slightly over-weight in one photo when it's clear from other photo's he's around 10% BF.

I'm sick of all the moaning and complaining about every tiny thing, and people guessing as to what the problem is.

If you read through this forum Pedro is a respected tactician or a complete nincompoop whom makes up a load of shite in the hope he confuses the media, our training is too intense and the players are tired or the training is not intense enough and players have it too easy, and Pedro isn't showing enough passion to get the players up for things, or he's having a "meltdown".

What the hell's going on? It's fucking nuts in here at the moment.

Just admit it, you're unhappy, you don't know what's going on, you don't know really how to fix the problems at our club.

Once you admit that, then you all might be a bit more sensible and reasonable.

27 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I heard Brendan Rodgers forces fake comedy breasts onto his younger players when they're in the shower, but none of them have been stupid enough to put them on yet because they know what would happen.

See how easy it is to make up rumours?

We as fans are not happy, but when did we turn into a load of whining women complaining about everything from a poor decision to our managers body language to our players looking slightly over-weight in one photo when it's clear from other photo's he's around 10% BF.

I'm sick of all the moaning and complaining about every tiny thing, and people guessing as to what the problem is.

If you read through this forum Pedro is a respected tactician or a complete nincompoop whom makes up a load of shite in the hope he confuses the media, our training is too intense and the players are tired or the training is not intense enough and players have it too easy, and Pedro isn't showing enough passion to get the players up for things, or he's having a "meltdown".

What the hell's going on? It's fucking nuts in here at the moment.

Just admit it, you're unhappy, you don't know what's going on, you don't know really how to fix the problems at our club.

Once you admit that, then you all might be a bit more sensible and reasonable.

That last bit - good luck! 

( coincidently) I was reading an article about online forums and the way folk act and was struck by the comment - 'we should not surrender the internet to those with the loudest voices' and that's how it is on RM - a lot of moderate posters have become silent due to the 'noise' of some extremely 'loud' and prolific posters who, negatively, look at the minutiae of our club. It's not easy being a moderate on here. 

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Personally I feel responsible - if only I had convinced you all to keep Ally :pipe: 

I sometimes wonder if we had just kept Stuart McCall on how he would have done. He didn't seem to get the benefit of Transfer windows or time.

36 minutes ago, Smile said:

I sometimes wonder if we had just kept Stuart McCall on how he would have done. He didn't seem to get the benefit of Transfer windows or time.

Nor Ally :pipe: 

we 'all' wanted a different type of manager at that time! I think McCall would have done well with time - mind you I think any manager needs a Period of time. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Nor Ally :pipe: 

we 'all' wanted a different type of manager at that time! I think McCall would have done well with time - mind you I think any manager needs a Period of time. 

I often wonder would have happened under McCall

And I think Ally would have been a better manager in the SPL than he was in the lower leagues 

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's an interesting point.

Yip, I say it with a tin hat on obv, but clearly no one had a Scooby in the lower leagues esp the SPL level and higher players, McCoist was probably the same, but he knows the SPL very well, we'll never know tho