Not far away in my opinion

billythebear1986

Ok I'm being realistic and know we are a long way short of the tims at the minute but I believe the spine of our team is actually better than the rest of the league. (Other than celtic) fod, tav, Alves. Jack,  dorrans, candias and morelos. That's 7 players that would walk into any other team in my opinion. So if Pedro does get the bullet with the right man in charge to get the best out of them. We only 5 players away from a pretty solid team. Rome wasn't built in a day. McLeish got a great reaction off advocaats team. I know the players aren't the same quality but  the league is weaker than it was back then.  Positive thinking 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hes not going anywhere before summer

pedro and the DOF better be in serious talks between now and jan and our useless cunts on the board better be ready to invest their own money instead of ours this time

doubt it will happen tho. part timing robbing bastards.

unless the tops are released then theyll have more of our cash to spend

5 players away from the kind of quality we need is miles away, especially with the lack of resources this board have. We're talking modern day players the ilk of Bougherra, Cuellar, Prso, Hemdani and Thomson etc etc....This board have no interest in doing what's needed. It's all about breaking promises for them. 

we should have concentrated on buying players with good SPL experience. the likes of walker, Mclean and Moult for example. Not taking risks on Mexican players we haven't heard of.

Only new players that have ticked the boxes so far have been Candieas (to a point) and Morelos. I've been disappointed with the rest and that includes Alves.

I would send Dalcio back right now, offers nothing. Pena and Herrera I don't think are going to make the cut but I will hopefully be proved wrong

1 hour ago, its_an_extender said:

Jack and Dorrans have been fuckin rank for me this season. Offer absolutely nothing. Don't offer any creativity or spark. They've been part of the problem as to why we have been so bad this season.

Jack's been fine - no better, right enough. I don't think he was signed for creativity and spark. Dorrans, on the other hand, has done precious little aside from the Motherwell game and his goal at Thistle.

Jack and Dorrans have been fuckin rank for me this season. Offer absolutely nothing. Don't offer any creativity or spark. They've been part of the problem as to why we have been so bad this season.

Ryan Jack has absolutely not been "fucking rank" this season and I am a fairly negative person about our current team. He isn't a creative midfielder 

Pedro's days are definately numbered and it's been coming for a while, predictabily with the celtic game being the time when matters started coming to a head.

1. There has been an ongoing concerted effort by various 3rd parties in media to chip away at the management, helped by the likes of Miller with his leaks. Ironically, a 'six fingered' Boyd playing a part in it again.

2. Pedro has known it was going this direction for a good while and I think excepted that he's never going to meet expectations. He's seemed almost 'demob happy' at times in his pressers, supplying copious materal to twist in predictable ways.

3. Expectations are currently unreasonable when it comes to challenging celtic and it is resulting in panic short term measures that are too risky and aren't coming off (transfer policy last two summers and managerial appt/PC). The unpalatable truth is that whilst we suffered years of inner turmoil, they have reached a 'good place'. This should be about another journey, a 3 year plan or suchlike because we can't change manager every time a motivated celtic team beat us by a couple or more.

4. Financal situation can't be going well and quite how we are going to make up an increasing gap with the main rivals is unknown and the prospective timescale, worrying.

5. Main hope is that next managerial appointment is 'correct', the DoF is a capable man with a plan and we have a couple more coming through like Ross McCrorie.

Our first team need form, absolutely zero consistency at the minute and that is hurting us most.

in terms of January, we need squad players who will actually contribute something positive. Much like last season our injuries are leaving so weak all around the park, we would be as well bringing on the youth or recalling loans.

The team, I have no doubts about in terms of quality, still needs improvements all over the place.

That will only happen when 3 things collide.

1. King gets his hand in HIS pocket

2. The staff help the players understand the tactics

3. Pedro and DOF have a serious look at who we need exactly, and buy exactly that player. Because I honesty feel Declan, like Senderos was a panick buy. And that's the last thing we need.

If Dorrans is dropped/rested tonight he can have no complaints.

However i dont think you understand what a holding midfielder is all about.

Jack has been mostly excellent this season and is a future captain i.m.o.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Ryan Jack has absolutely not been "fucking rank" this season and I am a fairly negative person about our current team. He isn't a creative midfielder 

I was chuffed that we signed him but been massively disappointed with him. Maybe that's my own fault for having too high of an expectation of him but I think he honestly offers nothing. He is like Holt but with a bit more dig about him. His passing his slack n seems to get caught out position way too often when teams counter.

7 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

Ok I'm being realistic and know we are a long way short of the tims at the minute but I believe the spine of our team is actually better than the rest of the league. (Other than celtic) fod, tav, Alves. Jack,  dorrans, candias and morelos. That's 7 players that would walk into any other team in my opinion. So if Pedro does get the bullet with the right man in charge to get the best out of them. We only 5 players away from a pretty solid team. Rome wasn't built in a day. McLeish got a great reaction off advocaats team. I know the players aren't the same quality but  the league is weaker than it was back then.  Positive thinking 

Fod isn't even the best keeper in our squad let alone the best in the league (outwith celtic)