Rangers Picture Thread

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

my Dad was there. He said something about one of the Irish fans fighting with a Bear and the polis let the tim go and battered the Rangers fan so the Bears were all raging and after the game the polis were outside battering lumps out us and folk were just scrambling to get on any bus they could even if it wasn't their own

Yep, that's about right. In saying that the Garda took a pasting before ko both inside and just outside the ground. They regrouped and were waiting on us outside the ground banging their batons against their riot shields. Then all hell broke loose. Like i said i was not quite 18 but i could run like fuck then. I got on my bus ok, the Ibrox Loyal bus that ran from the subway 

During the afternoon of that game there were there thousands of bears gathering down Glasnevin Rd. A lot were from the north - linfield were playing shamrock rovers the following evening at windsor pk!!! Next thing i saw was a priest getting pulled off a moped at a set of lights and set upon - no kidding 

That journey back up to Larne will live with me for the rest of my life. I dont recommend Dundalk or Newry for a day trip put it that way ???

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

CLeTOjJWgAA_a8t.jpgpuputting this 

Putting this picture in as a tribute to my late Mum. She loved this guy, her favourite Rangers player, a fully paid up member of the Iron Curtain Defence of the late 40's/early 50's and a true Rangers Legend.

Here he is as usual getting steamed into those rag tag cretins from the east. 

Step up to the plate the late great Sammy Cox 

My old man saw a lot of the greats - Young, Woodburn, Waddell, Thornton et al - but when I asked him not long before he died who was his favourite ever Ranger, without hesitation he replied "Sammy Cox".

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yep, that's about right. In saying that the Garda took a pasting before ko both inside and just outside the ground. They regrouped and were waiting on us outside the ground banging their batons against their riot shields. Then all hell broke loose. Like i said i was not quite 18 but i could run like fuck then. I got on my bus ok, the Ibrox Loyal bus that ran from the subway 

During the afternoon of that game there were there thousands of bears gathering down Glasnevin Rd. A lot were from the north - linfield were playing shamrock rovers the following evening at windsor pk!!! Next thing i saw was a priest getting pulled off a moped at a set of lights and set upon - no kidding 

That journey back up to Larne will live with me for the rest of my life. I dont recommend Dundalk or Newry for a day trip put it that way ???

Dundalk and Newry are both republican shiteholes. I know that's your point but aye, they're fucking dives.

I'm fuckin loving this thread. Some of the pics from the past either have my heart bursting with pride, bringing a lump to my throat or both at the same time.

It's been a tough gig following the bears over the last few years but this thread just confirms we will get back whefe we belong. 

On 10/9/2017 at 14:25, With Heart and Hand said:

bf2ipu.jpg

The same photographer took a second photo just to the left and down a bit and my Dad and his mates are in it.

I've got a copy somewhere but not one electronically scanned. I've been looking for it on the internet for ages but no luck.