DOF Mark Allen

Parlaneloyal

It was a bizarre time to appoint him in July. Most of our signings were completed in June.

A DOF can work well when done correctly - appointing him after we've spent all/most of our transfer budget isn't going to get any instant rewards.

His job is Long term, sort out the things in the background. If we're hearing from him then there's something wrong, he should have the final decision on our next manager since the board have shown they have no eye for picking a manager

9 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

What's the score with the director of football?

Never seem to hear a thing from him.

Surely he's got to have some sort of influence

It's a fucking shambles 

Why would we hear anything from him ? His job isn't to talk to the media it to put building blocks in place for the future, I would like to think he has a shortlist of candidates already  and players for January

13 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

What's the score with the director of football?

Never seem to hear a thing from him.

Surely he's got to have some sort of influence

It's a fucking shambles 

What do you expect to hear/see from a DoF?

genuine question. I've no idea what they do. 

He obviously came across well in the interviews, dont blame the board for hiring who they thought gave the best interview.

What is inexcusable is the length of contract he got, a 3 year deal for an unknown manager is ridiculous and has cost us in the long run, similar mistake to giving Warburton a new deal after the cup final defeat, made no sense, make our managers work for their deals. These cunts coming in wont get a chance to manage a bigger club in their lives, should be a 1 year rolling deal until they prove they can cut it at a club our size.

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

His role isn’t one that is likely to get much press attention. Not that it’ll stop the usual suspects blaming him for all-sorts.

Usually what happens online when stuff goes wrong. Every single person connected to the club gets a thread slating them. :lol: 

I believe he now has a full team that he has brought in to work under him. I am sure i read it in a report somewhere i will see if i can dig it out but it was a good read about the things he is planning to do but a DOF will take time. I do fully believe he will have a say in the manager that is appointed next. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

DOF's generally go about their business without much media exposure. 

It'll be interesting to see who we bring in given he'll presumably heavily influence the next appointment. 

He better have the deciding vote never mind influence.