Jason Holt

Marky.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I really like Jason Holt. I’ve said it many times on here but I’d love a midfield 3 of Jack, Holt and Dorrans. 

that would be a good hard working, tough tackling and creative mid-field. Certainly worth a run out over a few games.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Done good today but let’s not get carried away eh,he’s a bang average football player.

That’s nonsense mate he was unbelievable today. There was a part of the second half where he was literally involved in everything, winning tackles, playing it forward, pressing Hearts etc. 

If he can replicate that 7/8 times out of 10 he absolutely deserves to be starting for us. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

That’s nonsense mate he was unbelievable today. There was a part of the second half where he was literally involved in everything, winning tackles, playing it forward, pressing Hearts etc. 

If he can replicate that 7/8 times out of 10 he absolutely deserves to be starting for us. 

And that is precisely my point, ma man.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye there was a time he seemed to be everywhere every time you saw the ball you saw him - brilliant today

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TMB is boring as fuck, obsessed with stats yet completely ignores stats when it's connected to players he wants us to sign. Pull him up for it and he does a Nicky Law and disappears.

Tell us the stats of Vukic since he left Rangers, I know you’ve got them

48 minutes ago, Marky. said:

On your point, would any of our players be near the celtic squad? If this really is a question you feel you should be asking, then perhaps you should be watching them instead. Supporting your own club and praising players is not an embarrassment. If that embarrasses you then how the fuck do you feel when they’re shite?

Disgusted. 

Of course it's a valid question. If a player isn't good enough for celtic then he sure as hell isn't good enough for Rangers ffs. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Disgusted. 

Of course it's a valid question. If a player isn't good enough for celtic then he sure as hell isn't good enough for Rangers ffs. :lol:

Then sack just about the whole team ?.

Try supporting your team’s players. The clue is in the part that says Rangers SUPPORTer.

10 minutes ago, Marky. said:

By not supporting the players :huh:. Smart!

By expecting my club to adhere to the standards set by our forefathers. By all means you carry on blowing the trumpet of mediocre dross, i will keep demanding better until i am satisfied we have a team on the park befitting the stature of the worlds most successful football club. Thanks. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Marky. said:

Thank you Mr Irrelevant Statistics. This is, however, not new Information. In fact, this thread was never started to talk about a lack of goals or assists since promotion, but instead was purposed with discussing how well he played today and praise him for that performance.

The stats are relevant since we're discussing Jason Holt.  You want to limit the scope of discussion to the last week because Holt been rank for a long time now.  In fact, he's been absolutely useless for about 18 months and a non-entity as an attacking force.  Pena has done more in his last eight games than Holt has in the last 18 months.

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TMB is boring as fuck, obsessed with stats yet completely ignores stats when it's connected to players he wants us to sign. Pull him up for it and he does a Nicky Law and disappears.

I seem to have upset you.  Is this because the stats surrounding Jason Holt are so damning you can't come up with a credible way to refute them?  Holt is suppose to be an attacking midfielder is he not?  One goal and one assist in league football since we were promoted from the Championship is shite by any standards and he's played a lot of football for us especially last season.  Last season Holt played 2491mins of league football, over 27 hours on the pitch, and his only contribution in an attacking sense was one assist.  

10 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I got slated ages ago for saying he should start. Where are all those folk now

When your struggling you want folk that give their all. He does that.

Good enough long term to start, no, but right now yes. Always a good player to have in the squad.

I have said on many posts he is the most energetic. Combative. Midfielder we have.

Agree in an ideal world without financial constraints then he would be a squad player at best.

He should have started v septic and motherwell.

Its Scotland not la liga. You need a bit of dig and energy from at least one midfielder.

So until we find a level of investment he will do for me.

He must have been sick as a parrot after his MOM performance against Kilmarnock ..... but again today he came out and played a blinder against Hearts ..... full of energy and stamina and what was once known as an essential  attribute of a Rangers player .... fight ..... today he proved he is well worth a starting position for his commitment ..... great wee player who puts a lot of our recent signings to shame.

:UK:

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The stats are relevant since we're discussing Jason Holt.  You want to limit the scope of discussion to the last week because Holt been rank for a long time now.  In fact, he's been absolutely useless for about 18 months and a non-entity as an attacking force.  Pena has done more in his last eight games than Holt has in the last 18 months.

This thread was to discuss the much improved performance he put on against Hearts. The point is if he plays like that more often he will be of real value. Can’t believe I’m having to explain that. He played well, he deserves praise for his improvement, if you can’t agree with that at least then I can only add you into the bemusing category.

6 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

By expecting my club to adhere to the standards set by our forefathers. By all means you carry on blowing the trumpet of mediocre dross, i will keep demanding better until i am satisfied we have a team on the park befitting the stature of the worlds most successful football club. Thanks. :thumbup:

You’re very welcome. I like your manners.

4 minutes ago, Marky. said:

This thread was to discuss the much improved performance he put on against Hearts. The point is if he plays like that more often he will be of real value. Can’t believe I’m having to explain that. He played well, he deserves praise for his improvement, if you can’t agree with that at least then I can only add you into the bemusing category.

You can pretend the last 18 months didn't happen if you like just don't expect me to join in.  He's been shite for a very long time and one or two good games doesn't make up for that.

Nobody is saying Holt is a future Player of the Year are they? He put in a shift today and he's a decent player to have in and around the squad - tireless worker, gives us legs in midfield and as a Scotsman he knows exactly what the club is all about and what is needed.

We've been lucky to have some great players play for this club but there are as many who are held in high regard because they were just solid, dependable footballers.

People need to stop looking at everything from the viewpoint where every player is either the best player around or the worst player around. There is a middle ground too and that's where Holt fits IMO.

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

See some negative comments about Holt on this thread which is very surprising. Holt has been superb this season when called upon and if ever a player doesn't deserve to be dropped it would be him judging on CURRENT form. 

Totally agree, I'm not the guy's biggest fan but he's performed excellently recently. Been a real driving force in the team.