Jason Holt

Marky.

Loved his work ethic today, chased down every ball and found a blue jersey with his passes. 

Nippy little fucker, every team should have one, being hard isn’t about putting your opponent up in the air or sticking the head on him, it’s about being in for every ball, winning the 40/60 ball, your opponent knows you’re there every time, that was Holt today.

I’m not sure he fits a Spandau Ballet melody for his “song” tho’

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I don't think he's the answer long term, but he's been fantastic the last two games. No denying it.

Always liked him anyway because his attitude is beyond doubt. Happy for him.

Urge right he's not a long term answer but when SuperAlly fucks about for two years he's the best we've got so let's get on wi it and support our team

Thought he was easily the best player on the park yesterday in a pretty decent team performance. As for not being the answer long term, well who knows? If he keeps playing like that then why not, all about opinions I suppose. On that theme I read someone on hear  claim Morelos was crap yesterday whereas I thought he was pretty good and played really unselfishly, just lacked a goal. All about opinions as I say.

I love Holt’s attitude and honestly, he’s actually turned out be one of Warburton’s better signings. However, if we are really honest as supporters is he really good enough to get into an 11 that would be challenging for the league? Not in my opinion, for me this typifies the extra bit of quality required to go one step further and get back to being number 1. That’s not to say he doesn’t deserve a place in the squad. 

12 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Gonna be a hard one when Dorrans is fit again

It's an easy decision.  Dorrans is a big asset for us going forward this season and has shown he can score goals.  Holt's record as an attacking midfielder is pretty damning.  

Dorrans:

Dorrans..thumb.PNG.0a159341db07eb509812457b5988a62c.PNG

Holt's all-time record in the SPFL:

Holt.thumb.PNG.1637eeb4dcd48e66d672d8a23900924e.PNG

Dorrans offers us an attacking threat.  Jack offers us the dig we so badly lacked in previous years when Holt, Windass, and Halliday were in the heart of midfield.  I guess the manager could go three in the middle so Holt can 'look busy'.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's an easy decision.  Dorrans is a big asset for us going forward this season and has shown he can score goals.  Holt's record as an attacking midfielder is pretty damning.  

Dorrans:

Dorrans..thumb.PNG.0a159341db07eb509812457b5988a62c.PNG

Holt's all-time record in the SPFL:

Holt.thumb.PNG.1637eeb4dcd48e66d672d8a23900924e.PNG

Dorrans offers us an attacking threat.  Jack offers us the dig we so badly lacked in previous years when Holt, Windass, and Halliday were in the heart of midfield.  I guess the manager could go three in the middle so Holt can 'look busy'.

Quite unfair to compare stats as holt hasn't had nearly as much game time but has had a hand in goals every time he's played. Would be unfair to drop him based on current form and Dorrans has gone missing in a few games this season tbh as well as making good contributions. Not to say I wouldn't be happy with either playing and must be a bit of a headache for the manager 

I think it’s a bit of a myth that he gets bullied off the ball. 

Twice yesterday he went toe to toe with Sammon and won the ball twice. 

He offers everything in the midfield, he covers every blade of grass and gives a great balance to us going forward and defensively 

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Gonna be a hard one when Dorrans is fit again but why change a winning team. That goes for alves as well think murty will stick with mcrorie and Wilson. Only change I would like to see is someone coming in for Miller maybe hardie 

Drop Windass & put Dorrans left-mid.

We don’t need 2 ‘wingers’ - Candeias will do.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's not an attacking midfielder you absolute clueless gimp.

I wouldn’t have described him as a defensive one, either.

He’s certainly not an enforcer.

What is he?

Bits & pieces?

Back three - McCrorie, Cardoso, Alves, Wilson to choose from.

wingbacks - Tavernier, Candeias, Wallace, John to choose from.

midfield three - Holt Dorrans Jack, Rossiter (if fit or not awol) to choose from with further options in Kranjcar, Windass.

two forwards/one slightly deeper - Morelos and Miller with Herrera and Hardin as further options.

Interesting and potentially a way forward.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Windass shouldn't be dropped imo

His wee purple patch on the goals front is certainly helping now, but I feel an awful lot of play breaks down on him.

Be good if getting a couple of goals is the start of something ‘clicking’ with him.

If not, he’s first in my personal firing line, but I can see it would maybe be harsh to bin him after 2 in 2?

20 minutes ago, HG5 said:

His wee purple patch on the goals front is certainly helping now, but I feel an awful lot of play breaks down on him.

Be good if getting a couple of goals is the start of something ‘clicking’ with him.

If not, he’s first in my personal firing line, but I can see it would maybe be harsh to bin him after 2 in 2?

Candeias should be dropped before him imo

39 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's a CM.

There's DM, CM and AM roles. Pena is an attacking midfielder, Holt CM and Jack DM for example.

Holt has played in an attack midfield role on two occasions since we got promoted. TMB is so focused on stats it's laughable, Holt created the second goal yesterday but won't be provided with an assist, same with him winning pens. Yet TMB wants to slate him, big up Dorrans for scoring some pens/deflections when he's performed average at best all season. Cunt was hyping up Moult last night because he scored a goal at 3-0 down against Ross County. 

I think he’s been good lately & on this form can’t be discounted.

It’s arguable that, playing for us, you might be defined as more defensive or central, but with the amount of possession we have, you still have a duty to contribute on the attacking side.

That’s what we’re getting at present - if he keeps it up, no complaints from me!?

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Candeias should be dropped before him imo

That’s a thorny one, for me.

Goal & assist yesterday, brilliant run when he fed Windass who teed up Miller, otherwise, 2nd half, was just playing it back where it came from!

Maybe he thought he’d done enough, but certainly looks like he could contribute more.

Presumably why we are where we are - too many are capable enough, just not consistent!

35 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Cunts been gone for months now and people still hate him :lol:

He's been loaned to 'Gabala' where the football is on par with his ability.  However, he's still contracted to Rangers and will be until 2020 unless we find a way to get rid of him.  You might have forgiven his horrific performances from last season but the guy was a joke and has neither the ability or heart to wear the Rangers jersey.  The sooner he's gone for good the better.

59 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's a CM.

There's DM, CM and AM roles. Pena is an attacking midfielder, Holt CM and Jack DM for example.

Holt has played in an attack midfield role on two occasions since we got promoted. TMB is so focused on stats it's laughable, Holt created the second goal yesterday but won't be provided with an assist, same with him winning pens. Yet TMB wants to slate him, big up Dorrans for scoring some pens/deflections when he's performed average at best all season. Cunt was hyping up Moult last night because he scored a goal at 3-0 down against Ross County. 

If an "average" Dorrans can score 5 goals and earn 2 assists from 10 starts I can't wait to see how he performs when he finally finds his feet in Scottish football.  All the more reason to get him in the team.

Also, Moult is joint top-scorer in the league along with Morelos and hopefully he'll be a Rangers player in January.  He shows more fight than most of the imposters currently employed by this club.

Holt seems to be in his proper position as a central midfielder as I think when you play Jack and dorrans together the7 both want to play defensive mid. Or in dorrans case a deep lying playmaker. So effectively playing in same part of park. Holt gives us a better link mid to top than either in my opinion 

12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's been loaned to 'Gabala' where the football is on par with his ability.  However, he's still contracted to Rangers and will be until 2020 unless we find a way to get rid of him.  You might have forgiven his horrific performances from last season but the guy was a joke and has neither the ability or heart to wear the Rangers jersey.  The sooner he's gone for good the better.

So much jealousy.