Jason Holt

Marky.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In on goal again today and typically chocked.  One goal and one assist in 18 months proves beyond all doubt he found his level in the Scottish Championship.  We need better than this.

Lol. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In on goal again today and typically chocked.  One goal and one assist in 18 months proves beyond all doubt he found his level in the Scottish Championship.  We need better than this.

Raging cause you've been proven wrong :lol:

Sad as fuck.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Plenty of effective centre midfielders don't score or assist often. 

He has workrate, energy, aggression (within the limitations of his size) a good touch and he can keep the ball.

If he added assists and was also a regular goal scorer it's unlikely he'd be playing for us. We have to work within our limitations and find a good blend of players with different attributes. We aren't going to get complete players and if we do, we won't keep them for long. 

He brought a lot of energy to the team and helps drive the team forward which was lacking earlier in the season but what happens when Dorrans returns from injury. Personally I would drop Miller and play Dorrans further up the pitch.

20 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't rate him at all and didn't think he was good last week when folk were raving about him but today, that first half he was absolutely outstanding. Didn't do much 2nd half, but then neither did the team. First half he was sensational. Looked a top top player. 

He wasn’t good last week :lol: ? U smoking crack?

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:53, bil 65 said:

Let's get real..he's been decent the last 4 games but that shows u our level Holt isn't a world beater but is doing well....unfortunately our mad support have him hopeless then brilliant....he is neither

we didn`t think wee reno gattuso would be a world beater either but eventually he became one,so give wee holtie a chance!!!

25 minutes ago, WGOH said:

He wasn’t good last week :lol: ? U smoking crack?

No, not that i noticed. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Correct. It was an awful miss. His bottle crashed. He's a lower league player of course but he had a blinding first half today, that sitter aside. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, this. I like the wee man. But if we are going to challenge for the league it will require better players than wee Holty in there. However, i feel he can still be in the squad because like today you know he can influence things in certain games

However, would you feel confident if he ran out in a Rangers shirt at the Chamber of Secrets? That's always the marker for any Rangers player. 

if we had a proper midfield enforcer that could offer him protection then he'd be a definite starter for me, someone like, and i fucking hate saying it, scott brown and how he plays, which allows the pussies of the tarrier midfield to go about their business without fear of being clobbered

if ryan jack wasnt a marked man with officials then id argue he could be that guy, he certainly doesnt shirk out of anything, and looks much more influential without dorrans invading his space

Some ppl just won’t admit they’re wrong re Rangers players and this pish that we need better than him to go for the league is IMO nonsense the wee guy would thrive and is thriving with better players roundabout him and he’s been the most improved player since he got back in the team. Holt will never be world class or anything like it but he can do a job for us at this level. He’s better than Scottish championship level that’s for sure. 

Thought the guy was really good today. He didn't stop running, worked hard and broke play up for the team. When everyone else took the their foot off the gas in the second half he didn't stop plugging away. No doubt he should have taken that chance but he knows that too and it was just fortunate that the rebound was taken by Candeias.

He has worked hard for the team ever since he joined and for me it's the kind of guy you need in a team or squad.

My personal opinion is I'd rather have 10 Jason Holt's than 10 Carlos Pena's or Josh Windass'.

I don't think any supporter of his is saying he's even the best midfielder in the league, but it must be seen that he has useful qualities.