Herrera

Bighouse

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, rangerman said:

what has he done since he came here? he should never have been signed. hes pish and you know it

How many starts has he had? What has Morelos done in the last 8 games or whatever? Strikers need service. Anyone would struggle to score for us. Even Waghorn has bagged 9 this season for Ipswich.

Like i said. Dont think hes great but hardly to blame for tonight 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

How many starts has he had? What has Morelos done in the last 8 games or whatever? Strikers need service. Anyone would struggle to score for us. Even Waghorn has bagged 9 this season for Ipswich.

Compare the 2 of them tonight. 

First half Morelos working his socks off Holding the ball up laying it off and still trying to score. 

Second half Herrera, the tumble weed is still blowing past his performance. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is the worst striker I’ve ever seen play for Rangers and I’ve seen them for the last 40 years. 

I'm certain if Ally McCoist was sent on tonight in his current shape he would do more than Herrera.

An absolute waste of every penny of the £1m transfer fee

26 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

How many years has Hardie been a promising youngster for? I know he’s not had much game time but whenever he has came on over the last few seasons he’s contributed absolutely nothing. You could prob count the number of times he’s touched the ball in a Rangers jersey in one hand. 

I can't dispute that . 

Weve had plenty of promising youngsters that haven't delivered . I don't know how Hardie will turn out , but surely giving him a chance tonite would have been more of less a gamble than Herrera ( if that makes sense ) . 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We fell apart when Morelos came off.....

We could have signed Louis Moult for £500,000 in the Summer. He offers a physical presence and he’s a proven goalscorer at this level.

We could have signed Kyle Lafferty on a free transfer. Yes he’s a cunt and I hate him but I’m willing to bet that if we had given him the option to come back here he would have given us a better return than Herrera because he would have a point to prove and a support to try and win over.

Fuck it, I didn’t rate him, but we could have just never signed this guy and just kept Joe Garner. He was trash too but at least he was a grafter and he had a bit of fight about him. That’s something that Herrera, and plenty of others at the club, don’t have at all.

Still think Herrera, Pena, Alves, Cardoso, Candeias will want out in the Jan transfer window.   If there is a striker in Herrera then its so well hidden as to be invisible.  How he got capped by Mexico is a mystery.   

As for home-grown replacements, if the development set up had been doing the great job they seem to think they are doing judging by the many self-congratulatory pats on the back they give themselves then we'd have a couple of strikers ready to step into a first team squad and show that they can score goals.   Hardie plainly isn't trusted to be given a regular game and there's nobody else breaking through.   So much for having a development squad.   Its arguably becoming a waste of money as its not producing strikers or goal scoring creative midfield players ready for the first team challenge.     

The only player in the world who gets a foot smaller when he jumps. Why we got rid of Garner for this waste of space I’ll never understand. I believed in him for a while after some nice link up play with Morelos but I’m finished with him.

Imagine how Hardie must feel watching that lump get on ahead of him?

See when yer youtube video is a series of all the chances you’ve missed it’s time to call it a day. 

Seen it at Motherwell first gsme of the season, cunt couldn’t win a header when he was about a foot taller than everycunt else on the park. Absolute gash. Ad rather Nuno Capucho than that cunt

56 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Still think Herrera, Pena, Alves, Cardoso, Candeias will want out in the Jan transfer window.   If there is a striker in Herrera then its so well hidden as to be invisible.  How he got capped by Mexico is a mystery.   

As for home-grown replacements, if the development set up had been doing the great job they seem to think they are doing judging by the many self-congratulatory pats on the back they give themselves then we'd have a couple of strikers ready to step into a first team squad and show that they can score goals.   Hardie plainly isn't trusted to be given a regular game and there's nobody else breaking through.   So much for having a development squad.   Its arguably becoming a waste of money as its not producing strikers or goal scoring creative midfield players ready for the first team challenge.     

I domt agree re them looking to go in the transfer window...candelas had a poor game but certainly gives his all. Hardie is so fucking mince it's unreal.

Herrera is not a lone striker. He is pish up front on his own and for Murty who sees him every day not to realise this shows how far away from being a top flight manager he is. Then again Pedro signed him and did the same.

By the same reasoning Morelos who gives 100% every game is not benefitting from that lone striker role.

Week in, week out we watch this and know what is needed, but somehow can't get a manager to understand the basics. We also see and discuss the problems in midfield and defence but nothing ever changes. There's a severe lack of bottle at Rangers with regards to decision making and it needs to change. We need a manager who tells players you're only as good as your last game otherwise you're in danger of being dropped. And for that manager to follow it through.