Herrera

Bighouse

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I domt agree re them looking to go in the transfer window...candelas had a poor game but certainly gives his all. Hardie is so fucking mince it's unreal.

Re the Pedro players.......I think its telling that Alves has developed an injury, that Pena has not be selected to play, and that Candeias form has started to slide away.    As with the Warburton acquisitions before he baled out King was not pleased in Dec last year that players expensively brought were either not playing or if playing then not delivering to the standard expected, I think the same is going on with the Pedro players.    

The situation will become clearer with these players when a new manager is appointed.    If they don't take to him, or he to them then I'd think King would be saying they should be transfer listed and out in Jan rather than keeping them until summer.   Besides which getting them out may the primary means for a new manager to generate funds to replace them next summer.

'tis only a view........tinged with scepticism about their willingness to put their full weight behind the Rangers cause at this time. 

2 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

He's fucking useless, an absolute joke of a signing we'd have been better off with that cunt from Peterhead who scores all their goals.

I know you’re joking about signing him now, but players like Rory McAlister are who we should have been signing when we were in Div 3, instead of wasting our money on the likes of Kevin Kyle and Sandaza. McAlister would have cost a fraction of what those two did. We could have banked the money saved to build the squad the following season. If we did that all over he park we’d have a steady improvement in the squad, money in the bank, and no need rebuild the team every season like we’ve been doing for the last 3 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I know you’re joking about signing him now, but players like Rory McAlister are who we should have been signing when we were in Div 3, instead of wasting our money on the likes of Kevin Kyle and Sandaza. McAlister would have cost a fraction of what those two did. We could have banked the money saved to build the squad the following season. If we did that all over he park we’d have a steady improvement in the squad, money in the bank, and no need rebuild the team every season like we’ve been doing for the last 3 seasons. 

We could have done that if the club was being run by the correct people.

2 hours ago, Bighouse said:

If it's true we are paying him 20k a week, who ever signed off on that should be sacked.

What did any manager/coach/scout ever see in him?

He wouldn't look out of place in Sunday League Football.

No offence, but you have no idea what he is paid.

Pet hate of mine,

Days

Zzzzzz

.254455ed

Real eye opener the last 2 games, at our current stage were nothing more than than the best of the rest(if that). Some half decent players in there with hope/potential, but nothing that I'm used to growing up with.(Gio, Albertz and Amo ect) Unless there's a decent pay cheque involved it will remain this way for the foreseeable unfortunately. 

The team if we can call it that, show glimpses of talent, but nothing on a consistent basis, i.e. Not worth our jersey. 

Sad to say but it's the reality..

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Re the Pedro players.......I think its telling that Alves has developed an injury, that Pena has not be selected to play, and that Candeias form has started to slide away.    As with the Warburton acquisitions before he baled out King was not pleased in Dec last year that players expensively brought were either not playing or if playing then not delivering to the standard expected, I think the same is going on with the Pedro players.    

The situation will become clearer with these players when a new manager is appointed.    If they don't take to him, or he to them then I'd think King would be saying they should be transfer listed and out in Jan rather than keeping them until summer.   Besides which getting them out may the primary means for a new manager to generate funds to replace them next summer.

'tis only a view........tinged with scepticism about their willingness to put their full weight behind the Rangers cause at this time. 

Good call - while he was apparently supportive of Murty not changing a winning team, I’m dubious as to the severity of Alvez’s ‘back’ injury at this point.

Would he have powered through, if selected as soon as he was back?

Who knows.

Got to say, had the last 2 results panned out the same with him in the team, at least there would have not been the get out of ‘our star CB was injured’.

Also - ‘back injury’?

Who gets them, apart from old guys, who probably shouldn't be there?

He was bought to replace Garner, no matter what you think you think of Garners ability, he riled defenders up and got in their faces, Herrera doesn’t have the pace to get close to defenders to even try rile them up. He’s came on like 8 games for Rangers and he hasn’t closed down one fucking clearance 

I know I'll get hate for it but we should've taken a chance on Cummings.  I would've rather that than expensive punts on Garner and Herrera.  Even now, I would rather we took a punt on Moult than search elsewhere.  If there's someone banging in goals on a regular basis here, in this country, and they're a good age then let's consider them.  

One of the things I hate the most is big strikers that can't head the ball.  Herrera looks like a big guy who can't head it and he's no partner for Morelos.  

14 minutes ago, WGOH said:

He was bought to replace Garner, no matter what you think you think of Garners ability, he riled defenders up and got in their faces, Herrera doesn’t have the pace to get close to defenders to even try rile them up. He’s came on like 8 games for Rangers and he hasn’t closed down one fucking clearance 

I never really rated Garner but compared to Herrera he now looks fucking good.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We could have done that if the club was being run by the correct people.

They’re obviously partly to blame. Most of it lies with McCoist though. Regardless of what the were doing off the park, they backed him financially and he squandered it.   

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

How many years has Hardie been a promising youngster for? I know he’s not had much game time but whenever he has came on over the last few seasons he’s contributed absolutely nothing. You could prob count the number of times he’s touched the ball in a Rangers jersey in one hand. 

In all fairness to the boy, he’s brought on for the last 10 mins (usuallly when we're chasing the game) every 5th or 6th game we play.

Until he starts 2 or 3 games in a row, we can’t judge if he’s good enough

8 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The only player in the world who gets a foot smaller when he jumps. Why we got rid of Garner for this waste of space I’ll never understand. I believed in him for a while after some nice link up play with Morelos but I’m finished with him.

Imagine how Hardie must feel watching that lump get on ahead of him?

Hardie is piss aswell

9 hours ago, Bighouse said:

If it's true we are paying him 20k a week, who ever signed off on that should be sacked.

What did any manager/coach/scout ever see in him?

He wouldn't look out of place in Sunday League Football.

You are making up a wage for effect 

Do you think if he’s only on say £100 a week whoever signed off on his transfer should be sacked?

he’s a poor football player and isn’t good enough. End of

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You are making up a wage for effect 

Do you think if he’s only on say £100 a week whoever signed off on his transfer should be sacked?

he’s a poor football player and isn’t good enough. End of

Yes

6 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

They’re obviously partly to blame. Most of it lies with McCoist though. Regardless of what the were doing off the park, they backed him financially and he squandered it.   

Absolutely. My post wasn’t meant to be any sort of defence of McCoist. It’s mental to think that it’s now nearly 2018 and yet our entire club has been in the wrong hands at every level since 2011.

28 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Hardie is piss aswell

Correct. 

Seen him a few times now, albeit he doesn't get too much playing time, but good young players ones with something about do something once or twice that get you off your seat, a bit skill a turn and shot, even taking the ball in holding the defender off and giving it back out wide. Just something to show the fans what your all about. 

Hardie has done absolutely fuck all everytime he has come on. 

Last night was a perfect chance for him to come on and show us what he’s made of - he had about half an hour and done absolutely nothing 

I’ve defended him on here and asked for him to be given a chance but it’s games like last night that would have got him a run if he done something 

In all fairness to the boy he is fucking gash.  He has.no drive no desire no ability. Nothing.  You could pick any 6 footnotes guy out your local pub put him in a strip and let him horse about form ten minutes and you honestly would not know the difference. 

Candelias as I have said all along is fucking pish. Apart from couple of cross balls.  When was the last yime he beat a man ?

Place is a fucking joke.