Bruno Alves

LochendBilly

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the comments on here about Alves are comedy material. Break Brown's legs FFS the guy is a professional footballer

with top international experience, they don't go out to break any ones legs 

Watching him play has been a pleasure compared to what we have had over the last few seasons. He reads the game well, times the tackle and distributes the ball. What more do you want.

1 international defender can not make up for the rest of the defence being substandard. Bruno Alves like all defenders needs good quality around him to perform at a good level, he can not make up the difference. Tavener wandering up field and not being in position is often the cause of our defence being all over the place, trying to make up the difference in bodies at the back covering the space left.

54 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Some of the comments on here about Alves are comedy material. Break Brown's legs FFS the guy is a professional footballer

with top international experience, they don't go out to break any ones legs 

Watching him play has been a pleasure compared to what we have had over the last few seasons. He reads the game well, times the tackle and distributes the ball. What more do you want.

He's not been anywhere near as bad as the likes of Kiernan and Cribari etc, nowhere near a pleasure though

I don't think we have seen the best of him certainly. Seems to be grear with the youth players and whilst he hasnt set the world on fire he hasnt done nuch wrong. Think Cardoso and Mccrorie will become better defenders by playing alongside him.

Oh and more free kicks please big fella.

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Heart isn't in it

Think this is pretty much what the situation is. Yet another big name that has came to Scotland for a final payday thinking its going to be a walk in the park in front of 50000 fans every second week. 

What the diddy hasn't realised is though, this isn't the MLS or Qatar. This is a REAL football club with some of, if not THE most demanding fans in the world. There is no place to hide at Rangers and we don't carry passengers. 

He's been nothing other than bang average for us. It looks like his original mindset when he's signed us has been a problem for him and he already has his retirement head in place. I get the impression he thought that signing for us would be a good way for him to stay fit until the world cup, after which, he'll retire. 

He's got it in him to be an important player for us, but the brain is a complicated thing. I don't think we will ever get him to walk on to that pitch and give us 100%. He knows one dodgy collision or a bad turn could put him out for over a year and I don't think he will risk his last shot at a world cup for (in his mind) some daft Scottish team that are way beneath him. 

2 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

Ok, maybe shitebag was a bit OTT, he came here with decent credentials and hasn't lived up to them for whatever reason. This is my opinion only and I think he has been "Milking" this back injury thing. I just don't think his heart is in it. Again just IMO

On what basis? What’s made you think that? 

Can’t just make up shite and says ‘aye but that’s my opinion’. 

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:51, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't even care tbh

This.

Doesn't matter who plays we still play shite and concede.

It's like preferring a dug shite on your shoe compared to cow shit.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This.

To be fair, I would prefer a cow Patrick on my shoe than a dog shite and both over a human shite. 

8 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Or Graeme Souness

Exactly. As some on here may remember, Colin McAdam used to be my P.E teacher and I used to hassle him all the time about what it was like to play for Rangers. 

When I asked him what position he played, his reply was "I didn't really have a position, I was just told to go on the pitch and make sure player X doesn't walk off the field" 

There's many examples through the years when players have been put on the park to take another out. 

4 hours ago, trueblueal said:

Our best defender by an absolute mile. If he was fit to play 40 games over the season we wouldn't be in the mess we are.  We have no quality to pair him with, just potential and mediocrity

This. We looked solid with him and Cardoso, and low and behold when they've both been injured we've been a fucking shambles at the back. Even when we weren't winning games that we should've been, we weren't losing them! 

Need both back asap, we'll keep conceding set piece goals without them. Bruno wins you games with his defensive and offensive set pieces, how people can't see that is staggering

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This.

I was on a school trip, and somecunt had stood on cow shite (we assumed) and had dragged it through the house we were staying in :lol: