Dave King promised transparency at Rangers ... at the AGM he’s going to have to finally deliver it

The Dude

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

that message is wishy washy stuff, he is lucky enough to have this forum and any others he is on as a sounding board and articles at this stage need to be aiming directly at the board with shown contradictions of what they promised and what has and is actually being delivered.

if we were trading shares in Rangers on the open market just now the price would be through the floord ue to these imposters, instead it's well hidden away what our actual worth is. We need this brought to the fore as well as the fact that after a few years in the door - there's no business plan or investment.

A fair enough point however I was asked to come up with a few questions I would like answered by the board on Thursday. Highlighting the £20m+ a year wage gap (from both club's annual accounts) and the mathematical impossibility of closing that gap - and almost certainly the gap in the table - through on-pitch success illustrated the point better than bringing up a quote reported elsewhere from a number of years ago around spending £30m over three years when it can be batted away with a half-arsed 'circumstances change blah blah'.

Same with the Caixinha/manager search job. I'd be curious the circumstances. If it was someone aware of his success in Mexico instead of being shopped by a friendly agent i'd be more willing to accept taking a gamble. If we hired him just because he was friends with a friend of a director then that's bollocks and shows some serious failings in how we are doing things.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A fair enough point however I was asked to come up with a few questions I would like answered by the board on Thursday. Highlighting the £20m+ a year wage gap (from both club's annual accounts) and the mathematical impossibility of closing that gap - and almost certainly the gap in the table - through on-pitch success illustrated the point better than bringing up a quote reported elsewhere from a number of years ago around spending £30m over three years when it can be batted away with a half-arsed 'circumstances change blah blah'.

- these amount to the same thing - we were lied to. They have no money for investemnet and refuse transparency. a better more recent example would be Kings response when told to make a share offer - that we are to believe he didn't know he had to under the companies act and he claimed to have no money. Shows he's a liar and no better than Green in terms of honesty and transparency.

Same with the Caixinha/manager search job. I'd be curious the circumstances. If it was someone aware of his success in Mexico instead of being shopped by a friendly agent i'd be more willing to accept taking a gamble. If we hired him just because he was friends with a friend of a director then that's bollocks and shows some serious failings in how we are doing things.

- good luck in trying for any reply to that if i t was ever asked.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Every time he said about putting money in he was always caveating it with stuff like 3-5 years so - while he's no likely to drop 20m+ in over the next year - the times not up on those. When it is, I'll shout about it as much as anyone else.

In terms of the TOP panel stuff, while I agree he's been shady as fuck with the 'no money' stuff I think it's more a case of him being economical with the truth. He's probably not got individual 'control' over NOAL he'll have a whole lot of influence over those that - on paper at least - do.

This board of directors were part of the regime that watched the ship sinking for 2.5 years before the demise of David Murray.

The one major thing King has reneged on is transparency, the fans have been hung out to dry in so many ways it's unreal.

" oh but they are Rangers men " this means nothing at board level, what we need is business men with blank cheque books end of.

Either make serious, considerable investment or stand up be men and find a collective who can take OUR club forward financially.

Its a decent article and a few things that should have been added or possibly can be looked at it the future

Transparency - this is after all a AGM where the question of transparency should be mentioned with regards to TAB and payment to SD not being reported at the time.

The likes of Aberdeen are growing their revenue and getting investment whilst we are not

What exactly does each board member actually do

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Whenever someone tries to link the DR I think it automatically changes to "BOYCOTT THIS LINK" :lol:

And so it should be 

No one should be interested in what the alternative beggar view has to say 

Even if it's a bluenose penning the piece 

4 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

You missed out that the scum will more than likely get back to back trebles under kings watch 

Even if it wasn't 100% .Something tells me ,the closer they get .It will become 100% shoe in 

If it wasn't the scum .Without a doubt .11/10 the best bet on the coupon .Printing money 

And it's only because I think .There is no way they will be allowed not to 

Just like I said last year when they go the treble 

These cunts must be raking it in betting against us and having every decision going for them in their path 

It's reasonable but not as specific, direct and as aggressively targeted as I'd like to see. Right track, just not forceful enough. Perhaps that's the following article after we've been fed a mountain of ambiguity, deceit and deflection at the AGM.

That aside, fuck the Record, well done for the BOYCOTT THE LINK whoever is responsible.

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Even if it wasn't 100% .Something tells me ,the closer they get .It will become 100% shoe in 

If it wasn't the scum .Without a doubt .11/10 the best bet on the coupon .Printing money 

And it's only because I think .There is no way they will be allowed not to 

Just like I said last year when they go the treble 

These cunts must be raking it in betting against us and having every decision going for them in their path 

The peado cunts could be ten to 1 but I could never bet for them but yes the closer they get there's no way the refs will blow this for their club

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

There’s a growing section of supporters very quickly losing patience with the directors and their running of the club since sweeping to power in 2015. Despite heavily spending on reinforcements in the summer, Rangers are still miles off celtic and could end up 12 points behind Aberdeen by Sunday night.

The humiliating European exit to Progres Niederkorn is still fresh in the memory too and the club seems to be without any sort of leadership whatsoever as they lurch from one shambles to another.

After sweeping to power in 2015, King and the Three Bears haven’t fulfilled many - if any - of the claims they made as they were trying to oust the previous board.

While King has undoubtedly put money into the club, it seems nowhere near the £30-50million he previously mentioned. With celtic looking almost certain to win a seventh title on the bounce this season, King needs to get a move on if Rangers are to stop their Old Firm rivals doing 10-in-a-row.

The ongoing search for a long-term replacement for Pedro Caixinha is almost certain to be one area that the board will be pushed on to provide an update on what is going on more than a month after getting rid of the 47-year-old and while we aren’t expecting the club to release a statement saying they are interested in McInnes or McLeish or whoever else, the fact that more than a month on the club still haven’t moved forward any considerable step needs explaining.

Graeme Murty has been hung out to dry a bit by the board after being parachuted in again to work with the first team on a short-term basis.

Murty’s a good coach and has always impressed me with the way he’s handled himself since moving to Rangers last summer as Under-20s head coach and it’s hard not to feel for him as he’s left to pick up the pieces for the board.

Another question the directors need to be asked is how they plan to close the financial gap to celtic. Brendan Rodgers’ side spends something like £35million per year on player wages compared to Rangers’ £11m each year and unless the payments clubs get from the SPFL has shifted dramatically then leapfrogging Aberdeen and finishing second in the league isn’t going to be quite enough.

Even a strong run in the Europa League alone isn’t going to help Rangers get back to the top of Scottish football if celtic can keep raking the in money from the Champions League.

Getting a better return on what they ARE spending though would also be a huge help.

Rangers have blown a ridiculous amount of cash on wages over the past couple of years with the likes of Matt Gilks, Phil Senderos, Niko Kranjcar, Joey Barton and Jordan Rossiter all likely earning five-figures per week for not doing an awful lot. While it’s maybe a wee bit harsh on the players, it’s just another example of how Rangers are just unable to get much right at the minute.

Finally, who on the board has had responsibility for hiring managers since 2015? The two permanent appointments made by the board have both ended in pretty shambolic fashion one way or another. Whether it was the final few minutes of the draw with Kilmarnock or the mental night when Mark Warburton resigned before denying it and then threatening legal action that never materialised; King and the Three Bears haven’t had much success with appointing a manager. What process led them to pick Caixinha and how did a manager from a mid-table team in a middle-eastern country wind up getting the Rangers job?

Was someone on the board familiar with his time in Mexico where he had been successful? Did an agent shop him to the club? Did he contact Rangers directly?

There’s a host of other questions the Ibrox board should be answering and after sweeping to power promising transparency. Let’s see if King suddenly decides to start delivering on at least one of his promises.

http://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-promised-transparency-Rangers-11600027

Can't fault that. Good to go!

Ya bastard!

:thumbsup:

Even a strong run in the Europa League alone isn’t going to help Rangers get back to the top of Scottish football if celtic can keep raking the in money from the Champions League.

Who proof reads your stuff?

:dance:

Seriously, a good article, even if it is for a taig newspaper