Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Looks like I’m in the minority here but although it’s a 50/50 there to be won his studs regardless of the argument are up over that strikers ankle. Abit reckless tbf and I don’t think we’ll win an appeal on that.  If that challenge happened on our player then we’d expect a red to be shown to the opposition.  However I don’t think there’s any intent on jacks behalf as you can see he’s focused on where the ball is going next and not one look at at the other player

Yes we'd expect a red but a number of times this season our players have been on the end of the same or worse, and no red card, all we ask is fairness and consistency, shinnie shoulf be jailed for his tackle on tav if jacks is a worthy red

3 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Looks like I’m in the minority here but although it’s a 50/50 there to be won his studs regardless of the argument are up over that strikers ankle. Abit reckless tbf and I don’t think we’ll win an appeal on that.  If that challenge happened on our player then we’d expect a red to be shown to the opposition.  However I don’t think there’s any intent on jacks behalf as you can see he’s focused on where the ball is going next and not one look at at the other player

Looks like you are in the minority. May is nowhere near the ball so not a 50/50. The studs are above the players ankle because his ankle is on the ground and jack just made a pass that involved his foot to be off the ground. The studs also happen to be pointing at the ground. 

Look at the line of his eyes throughout the incident. He is 100% focussed on the ball. Absolutely no intent. Absolutely not reckless. Not a lunge. Not off his standing leg. Not uncontrolled. Just a determined focus on making a pass. 

Has to be rescinded although given this would be the third time I guess the FA might feel they need to back their refs 

30 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If we appeal and this gets rescinded again then surely we have to contact the relevant authorities as it would appear Jack has now been tarnished with a very clear and unfair reputation. To possibly have 3, 75% of your red cards rescinded is completely unheard of. It's nothing short of disgraceful and he should receive, at the very least a personal and public apology.

I don't think Jack is a dirty player. Possibly a tad naive and silly at times but he just seems as honest as the day is long. He is clearly being treated differently to everyone else. 

The club should also make our view public even to make the officials think twice about booking Jack in the future. If there is any doubt a ref should never send anyone off.

Or we could force the referee's to go on strike. 

That'd be a first... 

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Has anyone got the rule book out with this one and come up with a defining reason as to why it is or isn’t a red card?

I can’t see how jack could have done anything differently but as others have said it does look bad.

I think someone posted the rules a few pages back. (But I was pished yesterday so Im not 100% sure).

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Or we could force the referee's to go on strike. 

That'd be a first... 

That's what pisses me off, they have had it easy from refs ever since and not a fucking peep from the media about it, fucking disgusting.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If we appeal and this gets rescinded again then surely we have to contact the relevant authorities as it would appear Jack has now been tarnished with a very clear and unfair reputation. To possibly have 3, 75% of your red cards rescinded is completely unheard of. It's nothing short of disgraceful and he should receive, at the very least a personal and public apology.

I don't think Jack is a dirty player. Possibly a tad naive and silly at times but he just seems as honest as the day is long. He is clearly being treated differently to everyone else. 

The club should also make our view public even to make the officials think twice about booking Jack in the future. If there is any doubt a ref should never send anyone off.

Because of this it will 100% be upheld.

21 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boyd and Commons have both played at a higher level than every single person on here combined and believe he could have avoided the follow through.

But what do they know? cunts playing 8 a sides down Suiterhouse on a midweek night have better experience than those two on such an incident...

I can confirm that they haven't..

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The midfielder was sent off for a challenge on Stevie May early in the second half of Rangers’ 2-1 win over Aberdeen.

And so the lie will be told. 

How has it become a “challenge” when Jack was in possession and played the ball away before May got close enough to him to even get a sniff?

Archived