Miller and Murty

gsa

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Did you mean to type 'witch' or 'wish' there?

I typed the correct word alright. He wished injury on my fingers, without me knowing about it, and it happened.

All my own fault really for suggesting that Miller might pick up an injury, as it appears to be the only way he'll not be in the starting line up. 

I was only joking about Miller, but sometimes people don't see the funny side.???

7 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

If Morelos didn't have decent support in recent months he wouldn't have missed all those sitters

Well that's nonsense.

He's in the right position to meet crosses, several of which he's missed.

That's not the same as support from a secondary attacker who is occupying defenders too, making runs, combining with him.  The way Windass performed in the 2 sheep game actually which was a result of Mccrorie being deployed in his new role.

A striker missing chances isn't the same as a striker being supported.

6 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Who would you play instead from our stable of galacticoes? 

Morelos should start. Mccrorie hopefully remains fit and allows others to play more advanced whilst he covers. If he's fit and we keep the diamond I'd go with Morelos up front with Windass and Pena advanced and Holt doing what he does.

If injured and the shape changes then I'd consider dropping Pena, shoring up the midfield, but having Hardie and Windass helping Morelos.

The only alternative to have miller as the no9 playing that position and not deviating, and letting Morelos do the graft round about him. So Morelos becomes the secondary striker. But I reckon Miller would drift and Morelos wouldn't be nearly as effective so it's too unlikely to work.

There are options though. And some haven't had near the opportunity to show what they can do whilst Miller, commonly referred to as pish or past it by even those backing him, continues to be selected.

15 hours ago, gsa said:

Miller was utterly shocking today. Everyone in the stadium could see the negative impact he has on the team. If "Murts" doesn't have the cojones to sub him before 88 minutes or better still, drop him altogether, he'l have no future managing at any level. 

Played well in the last half hour and played his part in the first goal at least. Also created with some great through passes which weren't made the most of.  First half was abysmal.

Think you do have a point, it was the same problem under Pedro when he selected Miller every single game regardless of performance in previous games......he then banished him altogether and that was also wrong.

No player should be selected every single game when they are playimg poorly, especially one on tge wrong end of his 30s. Miller puts in 100% in every game but right here right now he should be on the bench, use him as an impact sub......if he changes the game in a few matches then he deserves a slot again in the starting 11 but right now he does not merit it.

6 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I agree he is not the greatest these days but from our squad who would you replace him with?

In the two options below, Miller's on the bench.

Due to injuries and suspension the starting lineup for the hivs this week would be diamond formation with just one striker up front:

Fod

Three cb - Cardosa  Alves Wilson

Overlapping fullbacks: Tav and John

Midfield: DM: McCrorie

Candeias and Holt with Pena top of the diamond.

Striker: Morelos

For games against the scum, the hivs, and the sheep, if we had a fully fit squad and no suspensions, I'd play the same diamond formation with:

Fod 

Three cb - Cardosa  Alves  Wilson 

The two overlapping fullbacks - Tav  and Wallace

DM:   McCrorie

Midfield: Holt and Jack  with Dorrans at the top of the diamond.

Striker: Morelos

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Well that's nonsense.

He's in the right position to meet crosses, several of which he's missed.

That's not the same as support from a secondary attacker who is occupying defenders too, making runs, combining with him.  The way Windass performed in the 2 sheep game actually which was a result of Mccrorie being deployed in his new role.

A striker missing chances isn't the same as a striker being supported.

If Morelos had converted half of the great chances he's had in recent matches you wouldn't have been talking about him not being supported by his teammates, he's recieved plenty of support, perhaps not by one out and out striker but plenty of support nevertheless.

Can only hope his goal yesterday will be the confidence booster he needs and he'll go on another goal scoring run.

It's totally understandable why many supporters are getting pissed off with Miller. He's simply not good enough to play any other position than no9.

And Morelos is a better no9 than Miller so Miller's role should be back up for Morelos.

But he plays in the hole, midfield, on the wing etc. But he has to play.

He 48 year's old but still plays 90 minutes. Even when he's clearly fucked in the later stages of the game.

Murty admitted that he was nervous about substituting Miller because of this standing at the club during his first stint as temporary manager.

This should never be the case, our best players should be on the park but Miller plays because of his standing at the club, not because he's the best for a particular position.

This is clearly wrong and holding us back. Although Miller and all his pals in the media obviously won't agree.

39 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

If Morelos had converted half of the great chances he's had in recent matches you wouldn't have been talking about him not being supported by his teammates, he's recieved plenty of support, perhaps not by one out and out striker but plenty of support nevertheless.

Can only hope his goal yesterday will be the confidence booster he needs and he'll go on another goal scoring run.

I've been saying for long enough he's been doing the work of 2. Even when he was scoring, he was to an extent isolated. Even when he was scoring, i was moaning (?) about how little Miller was contributing, as I am now. So whilst it is exacerbated by his scoring drought, you're wrong to suggest that's the basis of my argument re the support Morelos has(n't) had and Miller doing so little of impact.

I really don't think Morelos has had much support all season and I'm certain he'd have far more goals if he had. And I'm also of the opinion if he replaced Miller in the starting 11 we'd be a helluva lot more dangerous up front.

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Imagine how well we could win without him running around like a headless chicken. 

Imagine how we'd get on in the league if Miller (our no9) was on more goals / assists than what 2 (nearly 3) of our defenders are.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/top-scorers&ved=0ahUKEwjq2MvX2v_XAhUHKsAKHTf6AaYQFggeMAE&usg=AOvVaw30_P3hbL7g8uueHxrH2u4R

Hi Guys,

What is up with you all.... We all support Rangers yet spend most of our slagging them off and being negative.

We know that the state of the club with an apology of a Board  (sorry slagging Off)

Kenny has been good for Rangers and you cannot fault his commitment. We have short memories if we cannot remember his 2 goals against the Jambos in October when Pedro

was given his marching orders ..not before time.

Graeme Murty has done a great job after being handed a poison chalice again , so lay off the guy please.

He is doing his best and has the respect of the players.. maybe not Bruno but hey ho he is not the future but McCrorie ,Bates and Barjonas are

So we move to The Hibees lets hope Pena stays on the bench and let the young guys with some passion in their bellies fight for the cause !!

Listening to RTV, I think the relationship Miller has with some of the people who have been around Ibrox for years is just a bit too close for people to be objective about him. Tom and Kevin doing the commentary did not have a bad word to say about Miller - they literally could not even remotely bring themselves to criticise him - it was all "he is a model professional" " he puts in a shift" "great servant". Contrast that with their comments re Pena: "he has to do more", " he has to start dominating the midfield", " he has to get fitter".

It was poor stuff I thought - very weighted commentary that - importantly - completely ignored what was happening on the park - particularly in the first half. If those views are indicative of the treatment Miller is going to get as opposed to other players, he will never be dropped by the current management/coaching team,  because they are too close to him. 

With regard to the comment that  Miller was involved in the goal - fair enough. But Pena cant be involved because he isn't getting a chance to change things for the better because he is the first to be hooked - and Miller the last. That is not a level playing field.

We won't do anything with Miller in that team. I think we all know that, yet his pals at Ibrox won't criticise him and wont drop him. How do you feel about that?

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Complete waste of a jersey, but obviously we aren’t allowed to say that anymore. 

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's "pish" but not allowed to say it when we win.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Imagine how well we could win without him running around like a headless chicken. 

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Imagine how we'd get on in the league if Miller (our no9) was on more goals / assists than what 2 (nearly 3) of our defenders are.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/top-scorers&ved=0ahUKEwjq2MvX2v_XAhUHKsAKHTf6AaYQFggeMAE&usg=AOvVaw30_P3hbL7g8uueHxrH2u4R

lol

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you're were inclined to read into things too much you might look at the counter attacks he gets involved in and ruins by taking 4 touches, those would be the occasions where there's no chance he's keeping up with the attack if he releases the ball early.

Jus' sayin'

1 hour ago, Old Geezer said:

Hi Guys,

What is up with you all.... We all support Rangers yet spend most of our slagging them off and being negative.

We know that the state of the club with an apology of a Board  (sorry slagging Off)

Kenny has been good for Rangers and you cannot fault his commitment. We have short memories if we cannot remember his 2 goals against the Jambos in October when Pedro

was given his marching orders ..not before time.

Graeme Murty has done a great job after being handed a poison chalice again , so lay off the guy please.

He is doing his best and has the respect of the players.. maybe not Bruno but hey ho he is not the future but McCrorie ,Bates and Barjonas are

So we move to The Hibees lets hope Pena stays on the bench and let the young guys with some passion in their bellies fight for the cause !!

Hey lets love Kenny, old geezer. For his ehm commitment. We're in December but let's remember that one success for Kenny all season in October, that was the day eh....

Hope Pena is benched to allow youth a chance?  Not Kenny but Pena?

Hmmmmmm.

Stick to Spain, heatstroke, not attending ibrox and telling us the solutions we just can't see. You're playing a blinder.