Who are our best ( outfield) 3 players at the moment

Chineseboy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCrorie has been our best player bar none. Aside from yesterday Tav has been class too. 

Before the ban, Jack was in better form than Morelos but I'd say Morelos in a goal scoring mood is our most dangerous threat. 

Windass is a new player man. If he keeps this up he can be one of our most important players. 

2 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

In order I would say: Tav, Ross and Morelos. At first, I have to say Ross didn't impress me too much, but moving him into midfield has been a master stroke by Murty. Anyway, fire away chaps!

Is your thread title suggesting Fod is one of our best 3 players? 

23 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The real Windass returned yesterday, tbf he was shunted out left again where he is ineffective.

Yup, if ever there was need to prove that he isn't winger or inside forward it was yesterday. Playing through the middle and causing problems for central defenders with his pace is definitely where he is suited.

With hindsight I think Barjonas should have started yesterday as a straight swap for Jack. Would have allowed Windass to play in his more favoured role and I think we may have seen Pena benefit from it also.

2 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He absolutely is. Saved us countless times this season and stopped us finishing mid table last season.

I agree if we’re looking at the last season and a half he is. But OP says at the moment - I actually think his form has been fairly patchy in recent games.

He’s certainly not been one of our top three performers in recent games.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yup, if ever there was need to prove that he isn't winger or inside forward it was yesterday. Playing through the middle and causing problems for central defenders with his pace is definitely where he is suited.

With hindsight I think Barjonas should have started yesterday as a straight swap for Jack. Would have allowed Windass to play in his more favoured role and I think we may have seen Pena benefit from it also.

Correct mate, even i said last week i was beginning to like Windass and it's well known i didn't rate him at all up until he shifted inside.

Yes i would have started Barjonas too, kept the shape we had been getting success from, the boy is confident and composed on the ball and would have slotted in well imo.

I thought Tav and Candeias had a good understanding down the right but both were rotten yesterday though Candeias was better 2nd half, that was Tavs worst game in a while and i put it down to the revert back to the old shape.

20 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Is your thread title suggesting Fod is one of our best 3 players? 

I would definitely put him in our top three overall, but for the purpose of this thread I just wanted know about our outfield players. Wes has made some mistakes, like all keepers do, but his pros far outweigh his cons and we are lucky to have him.