DOF signing the players from now on?

KingKirk

With Allan signing players in January must be mostly loans from man city as it could be a money wasting operation if our new manager comes in and don't want any of them so that will be 2 managers dead wood and Allan's contributions 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Absolutely no context there 

let me remind you of the timeline ..

the op made a thread asking for reasons, I made a massive list 

you then later said one of my reasons on the list was trivial 

I said losing out on a top transfer target because of King not being contactable isn’t trivial it’s negligible 

you then said I got my sources down the pub 

I told you it’s from the players agent who is also a bluenose 

you drew the patter/sources out couldn’t handle it said you’ve no idea how to respond so you are backing out 

you come back in saying shite like Paul Murray answers his phone like it’s great patter 

mate as I said people like you will always live your head in the sand you can’t sit there and try to move goalposts on me over situations you’ve created 

Another list?

Ok, I don't think you actually have any credible sources. Saying it lots of times doesn't make it any more true. You can't prove you do, I can't prove you don't. It's like arguing over the existence of god, pointless.

My head's definitely not in the sand, but it's at least attached to my neck.

10 minutes ago, FSM said:

Another list?

Ok, I don't think you actually have any credible sources. Saying it lots of times doesn't make it any more true. You can't prove you do, I can't prove you don't. It's like arguing over the existence of god, pointless.

My head's definitely not in the sand, but it's at least attached to my neck.

More goalpost moving 

you don’t need credible sources and you don’t need to believe a thing I’ve said but you got asked yesterday to compile your own counter list and all you could muster was I’ve done good points but some things pish and gave one example about king not being contactable, which I replied to saying we lost out on a major transfer target because of it but that’s trivial to you 

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Is it not just a case of Allen & his team drawing up lists of targets and the manager then chosing who he wants from it?

That is how it should work. Or, alternatively, the manager gives a list of his own and the suits then make it happen.

What never works is the suits drawing up targets, getting them and enforcing them on the manager. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

That's generally what a Director of Football does...the manager has input and at some clubs the manager has final sign-off but it is the DoF who identifies and pursues targets. 

Correct. Which was strange why he was brought in after Pedro. Also, I don't think he has much experience regarding scouting. So can't see us getting much out of him. 

Would prefer Alex McLeish in his position or even George Adams. 

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

More goalpost moving 

you don’t need credible sources and you don’t need to believe a thing I’ve said but you got asked yesterday to compile your own counter list and all you could muster was I’ve done good points but some things pish and gave one example about king not being contactable, which I replied to saying we lost out on a major transfer target because of it but that’s trivial to you 

You are missing my point, but I think you mostly skim read other people's posts because you're too busy trying to get to the part where you type your own reply.

Quite simply, I don't believe the part about the missed transfer target, because I don't believe the part about your credible sources. There are many other things in your list I either don't agree with or don't really think are that important. The fact I picked up on the last point was purely incidental, but wasn't the worst thing I read in that list.

Asking people to compile another list is immature at best, because not one person on here is saying the board have done loads of great things, but they maybe don't care about all the trivial shite that seems to bother you so much, or maybe people can't be arsed getting into a list based tet-a-tet with you, because you tend get a bit ranty and usually start calling people names before long.

I know you'll deny this, but I'm inclined to think that your current hatred for the board is fuelled by your banning from Ibrox and you feel aggrieved by that. Im not saying it's the only thing, but I think it's a major contributor. 

10 minutes ago, FSM said:

You are missing my point, but I think you mostly skim read other people's posts because you're too busy trying to get to the part where you type your own reply.

Quite simply, I don't believe the part about the missed transfer target, because I don't believe the part about your credible sources. There are many other things in your list I either don't agree with or don't really think are that important. The fact I picked up on the last point was purely incidental, but wasn't the worst thing I read in that list.

Asking people to compile another list is immature at best, because not one person on here is saying the board have done loads of great things, but they maybe don't care about all the trivial shite that seems to bother you so much, or maybe people can't be arsed getting into a list based tet-a-tet with you, because you tend get a bit ranty and usually start calling people names before long.

I know you'll deny this, but I'm inclined to think that your current hatred for the board is fuelled by your banning from Ibrox and you feel aggrieved by that. Im not saying it's the only thing, but I think it's a major contributor. 

If ever a post indicated a definite  head in the sand mentality this is it 

it truely is 

I’ve not the time To pick through it as I’m in Manchester but I will when home on Thursday trust me because there’s so much pish to decipher from that 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

If ever a post indicated a deal fed head in the sand mentality this is it 

it truely is 

I’ve not the time To pick through it as I’m in Manchester but I will when home on Thursday trust me because there’s so much pish to decipher from that 

I think people are smart enough to see through this half-baked scrambling reply.

24 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Is it not just a case of Allen & his team drawing up lists of targets and the manager then chosing who he wants from it?

I read it DOF will sign players  and the head coach will train them and use as he sees fit:megaanguish:never ever gonna work IMO

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hopefully more signings like Nemane on the way.

In all seriousness, why in any job that you were manager would you accept someone else making signings.

His signings dont work out then it’s the manager that carries the can And suffers the damage to their reputation.

Thats why the new guy in the dugout will have head coach as his title.

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

I think people are smart enough to see through this half-baked scrambling reply.

To be fair all you do is accuse people of lying - you’ve done it with boarding passes at airports and sources - you struggle with things that don’t fit your mindset 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No he won't. 

I think that's probably the structure we are going for. I'd bet money that Mark Allen is probably the one who suggested it, but I don't think Warbs or Pedro have helped the case any (to hire another 'manager').

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Whats the need for it? We are over thinking shit inside our club atm. 

A DoF is like a buffer, he is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's there to help the board members who don't have a great deal of football experience.

Our board probably don't know a great deal about how to handle managers as seen previously so a DoF allows him to keep both sides happy.