Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

King didn't meet Pedro until he had signed. Perhaps why we went for McInnes when our DOF was supposed to do the headhunting. I refuse to believe MA took 6 weeks to recommend DM. I think there was a power struggle or we were going through the motions before DK just decided it was McInnes. 

That was my recollection but I may have misunderstood exactly how much direct contact King had with Pedro before Pedro signed.   Re your additional points the delay is not helping matters and understandably fuels speculation.   

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And how does that equate to you being a shitebag? he could have said yes after agreeing terms and then seen the conditions and add-on's and went wait a minute, fuck that ... that's exactly what I'm referring to in that post you quoted, why's it not ocurred to anyone that he's a Rangers man and thought this won't work under these conditions? it might have been totally self'less and noble of him but he's a shitebag instead? based on what? 

Why would he say yes without knowing the full terms and conditions of his role and who he'd be working with? And I don't buy in to him caring that much about us because he done the exact same thing to Sunderland. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Why would he say yes without knowing the full terms and conditions of his role and who he'd be working with? And I don't buy in to him caring that much about us because he done the exact same thing to Sunderland. 

Never heard of an agreement-in-principle? or an agreement and then a curveball that makes you think fuck this? 

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Could not find the actual story but it does'nt matter. We are not going to sign anyone in January apart from maybe pre contracts and I think that would be on the provision we ship a few people out before then. Obviously this will not go down well so its easier then to put out a story about the DOF coming up with poor options rather than actually stating as per the accounts we are not spending unless it a neutral outlay.

This board will do anything to avoid flak actually coming towards them.

Correct mate . If experience tells us anything about this current Board , it's that they are adept at finding a scapegoat to deflect from their own inadequacies.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Sunderland are even more of a basket case club than us no wonder he turned them down

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

He was proved right in turning down Sunderland and if this is true he will be justified in saying no to us as well.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Never heard of an agreement-in-principle? or an agreement and then a curveball that makes you think fuck this? 

I'm only going by what I've heard, but if it's true that he went as far as discussing the team for the Ross County game with Murty, then I find it hard to believe that something really big startled him at the last minute that made him to a u-trn. 

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If Allen is deemed to be not good enough and gets a pay off it’s time for Robertson to fuck off too. 

We need a proper CEO in. Not this bridge building prick. 

Nothing to do with King then?

You think Robertson came up with the idea of a DOF and the sanction of a budget needed for the infrastructure?

King has surrounded himself with useful idiots for one reason only and it is to serve his purpose unchallenged.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Sunderland are even more of a basket case club than us no wonder he turned them down

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

He was proved right in turning down Sunderland and if this is true he will be justified in saying no to us as well.

He's apparently said to them.he was taking it and then changed his mind.

Again how true that is I don't know 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Agreed. Again though, seemingly he initially said yes to them then changed his mind. It is common knowledge how much of a shambles they are, so why initially agree to take over the role?

Just now, Rfc52 said:

He's apparently said to them.he was taking it and then changed his mind.

Again how true that is I don't know 

Don't get me wrong I don't think he should get a second chance, he shouldn't be considered now but I'm more inclined to think he turned it down because we're a shambles rather than bottling it

We've no goat a fuckin board jist wan absent landlord wantin his money back and a wee clique of hingers oan feedin aff the punters !  it's no fuckin  rocket science ! Seriously I fuckin despair I really do!Couldnae give a fuck about these imposters anymore anyway, will still be there when they are gone the fuckin surrender monkeys !

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I'm only going by what I've heard, but if it's true that he went as far as discussing the team for the Ross County game with Murty, then I find it hard to believe that something really big startled him at the last minute that made him to a u-trn. 

So you don't think this clown of a DOF parading a list to him (after agreeing in principle to become our manager) and saying you'll be signing these guys in January (thinking it might be the type of players on that Sunday Post thread) and him saying hold on a minute, I'm out, isn't worthy of a u-turn and a mark of a shitebag? ... my definition of shitebag is different to everyone else's in that case, mate.

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

This would be a very Rangers move. Appoint a DOF, don't back him, let him leave and take his scouts with him, start again

Oh and a payoff. Always a payoff 

We didn't pay off Pedro. We put him on garden leave, paid hi  for 4-5 weeks, he took another job, we no longer pay him?

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

This is why mcinness is allegedly back on....

that was the rumour a while back.  DoF didn't want DM in, and most of the board did.

IMO there is no point in hiring a DoF if you are going to overrule him on footballing matters.

Just now, gogzy said:

that was the rumour a while back.  DoF didn't want DM in, and most of the board did.

IMO there is no point in hiring a DoF if you are going to overrule him on footballing matters.

Looks like he'll be off soon.

Shambolic 

We are concreting a reputation as a pretty shambolic employer. Our reputation must be in tatters among people in the sport. 

Look at the whole DM debacle including that statement, the Warburton and Weir 'resignations', Bartons suspension, Sandazas sacking, the CEO who has to run his decisions by the SA based chairman, the DoF who can't get his recommendations heard. 

We seem to attack everyone we disagree with instead if having some decorum. It's all spin and whispers. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I agree googsy

But then again I never wanted a DOF in the first place so It's bittersweet really.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Looks like he'll be off soon.

Shambolic 

It's fucking pathetic mate.  I am heart sick of this board.  Apart from getting rid of the cancer that used to be in the boardroom.....They have done nothing good IMO,  nothing.

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The DOF is a fucking clown to be fair ... he's been here since August and appointed John Brown as a scout, gave us Nemane on loan and presented a list of sub-standard shite for January and drove McInnes' away with it.

I said ages ago on here that one day soon you'll just see a wee dimly-worded statement on the club website saying we thank Mark Allen for his efforts and wish him all the best in his new position regional manager of Richer Sounds or something like that. 

A damp squib from the start. We didn't need a DOF at the time and now everyone including the board (if this is true) are finally realising it - only problem now with the board realising it, it's set us back 6-months and probably cost us about 500k in wages so far and a wee pay-off. Fucking idiots.

Cant disagree with any of that