Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll make it clear I dont want him but I dont see how we can go back even if the DOF leaves tomorrow tbh. To much water has gone under the bridge now. Its no like a ex that ye can badmouth then shag on the fly after a few month :lol:

You're a very confusing man sometimes sir. You generally make good points but you were possibly the loudest voice calling out for McInnes to be signed as manager. What's changed that opinion? 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Neither do directors mate, the football club is only part of their remit, they have no idea what’s going on in the football world, that’s why I thought they employed a DoF, someone who supposedly has their finger on the pulse and would make sure the manager didn’t spunk the cash on duds like Warburton did.

I also don’t go with this theory that McInnes was given a list of “take it or leave it” players. No manager worth their salt would accept that.

That’s just my opinion though.

Err he didn't accept it? 

Just now, K.A.I said:

How so? that's one of the oddest things I've read on here .. the DOF's remit is pretty clear in all honesty. It works within certain structures or it doesn't.

Sure there might be better DOF's out there than Mark Allan but it's not so much about the individual it's about the relevence and what we need at our club and we don't need one at all. We need a decent manager and scouting set-up ... a strong, capable manager and a chief executive can easily take care of business. 

Pedro was here for roughly the same time and was a disaster too, does that mean we should never hire a manager again. I'm not arguing that this appointment wasn't a mess, i'm arguing that it doesn't show that a DOF doesn't work. The board have made a cunt of this like they have most things. Missing out on their main target, hiring someone who doesn't seem suited to the job and not putting the right structure in place for a DOF to work after choosing they wanted a DOF.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Erm you inferred negotiations 

And Captain joined in (surprisingly)

There have been no talks between Rangers and McIness 

none

He missed two of the sheep's training sessions, and the sheep then felt the need to put out a statement declaring he was staying. Of course there were negotiations. 

Neither do directors mate, the football club is only part of their remit, they have no idea what’s going on in the football world, that’s why I thought they employed a DoF, someone who supposedly has their finger on the pulse and would make sure the manager didn’t spunk the cash on duds like Warburton did.

I also don’t go with this theory that McInnes was given a list of “take it or leave it” players. No manager worth their salt would accept that.

That’s just my opinion though.

A good reason to have the DoF structure considering our history of managers buying duds. 

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Pedro was here for roughly the same time and was a disaster too, does that mean we should never hire a manager again. I'm not arguing that this appointment wasn't a mess, i'm arguing that it doesn't show that a DOF doesn't work. The board have made a cunt of this like they have most things. Missing out on their main target, hiring someone who doesn't seem suited to the job and not putting the right structure in place for a DOF to work after choosing they wanted a DOF.

That's an even odder comment than the other one mate - of course you need a manager.

The tea woman spilled the tea one morning after training, we never needed a tea lady after that what's the point cos she spilled it that morning.

It shows perfectly that a DOF under this set-up will never work ... if these stories are to be believed we refused his choice of manager, we told him to draw up a list of transfer targets, we've now undermined him on the transfer targets etc.

There's simply no need for someone with a title of DOF to tell us who to sign and who to appoint as manager. It's stupidity and a wage for nothing,

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You're a very confusing man sometimes sir. You generally make good points but you were possibly the loudest voice calling out for McInnes to be signed as manager. What's changed that opinion? 

Hes hurt me. Backing him for years and he says naw prick! Still raw tbh:depressed:

Just now, K.A.I said:

That's an even odder comment than the other one mate - of course you need a manager.

The tea woman spilled the tea one morning after training, we never needed a tea lady after that what's the point cos she spilled it that morning.

It shows perfectly that a DOF under this set-up will never work ... if these stories are to be believed we refused his choice of manager, we told him to draw up a list of transfer targets, we've now undermined him on the transfer targets etc.

There's simply no need for someone with a title of DOF to tell us who to sign and who to appoint as manager. It's stupidity and a wage for nothing,

But you don't need a manager if you want to go down the route of a DOF, you get a head coach. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

He missed two of the sheep's training sessions, and the sheep then felt the need to put out a statement declaring he was staying. Of course there were negotiations. 

Milne gave him two days off to talk over his future with his family. If McIness had came back and said, “I want to talk to Rangers” Milne would have granted permission. I believe the Rangers statement and I believe the sheep because the two say roughly the same thing. 

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

But you don't need a manager if you want to go down the route of a DOF, you get a head coach. 

Call me old fashioned but a manager, a good chief scout and a supportive but talented chief executive and we are laughing.

Where's celtic's DOF and they are doing OK in this backwater in terms of winning titles, cups, qualifying for the Champions League, a good PR set-up, turning millions in profit in the accounts, projects in the pipeline etc.

If we have the right people at the club we wouldn't even be talking about this ridiculous concept of a DOF. It's another failed experiment from this board.

What a farce; supposedly the football experts in our board who thought Pedro was a real manager now think they know better than the football man who is our DOF.

I am surprised King and Co have not decided to auction off the position of manager a month at a time. Would make them money and what could possibly go wrong?

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Milne gave him two days off to talk over his future with his family. If McIness had came back and said, “I want to talk to Rangers” Milne would have granted permission. I believe the Rangers statement and I believe the sheep because the two say roughly the same thing. 

He would of had to resign from the sheep mate 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

We are the payoff kings of payoffsville, nobody leaves Ibrox empty handed.

Apart from the team (in terms of points) and the support (in terms of fulfilled (or even part fulfilled) expectations.....

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Milne was hardly going to come out and say he let McInnes speak to us and was a baw hair away from joining us was he? Lift your head out of the sand ffs. 

Absolutely scunnered to fuck with this drama shite, its every other day now. I dont tolerate drama in any other aspect of my life and dramatical cunts get their ties severed and blacklisted. My tolerance for it with the cunts running the club is wearing thin. Its getting to the point i'm ready for taking a break from reading any news or mostly gossip regarding the club. Will still go to ibrox and my ST will still be renewed as usual but the circus surrounding us all is fuckin depressing and its not what supporting this club is about. 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Err he didn't accept it? 

Whether that was the reason or not, it would be petty for McInnes to make that a reason for turning down the job, no doubt the DoF had a list and if McInnes saw it then I don’t believe that list would have been forced on him, he could refuse and give his own suggestions for the DoF to go out and secure within the budget.

That’s how I would hope it works.

Whether that was the reason or not, it would be petty for McInnes to make that a reason for turning down the job, no doubt the DoF had a list and if McInnes saw it then I don’t believe that list would have been forced on him, he could refuse and give his own suggestions for the DoF to go out and secure within the budget.

That’s how I would hope it works.

Why's it petty? part of being a manager is you sign your own players.

Your a professional and you've got a reputation too.

Why should you have shite players forced upon you and told to manage them when your a manager with your stock high after them headhunting you?

No manager worth their salt would agree to that (as you initially said but are now saying it would be petty to turn the job down for that reason? :confused:

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Call me old fashioned but a manager, a good chief scout and a supportive but talented chief executive and we are laughing.

Where's celtic's DOF and they are doing OK in this backwater in terms of winning titles, cups, qualifying for the Champions League, a good PR set-up, turning millions in profit in the accounts, projects in the pipeline etc.

If we have the right people at the club we wouldn't even be talking about this ridiculous concept of a DOF. It's another failed experiment from this board.

I'm not going to say a DOF would have definitely worked had it been implemented properly, just that the shit show job this board has done doesn't prove it wouldn't have. I wouldn't strongly advocate for either set up over the other, the boards attempts at both ways have fucked us over that will set us back for many years. We needed complete rebuilds after McCoist and Warburton so I can see why the board chose to go the DOF route. Problem is they made a complete fist of implementing it because they are completely clueless in running the football side. This whole experiment has set us back another year at least and kept us as the running joke in Scottish football.