Windass

falkirkNS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theres a player in there somewhere as i keep hearing. He does have pace and can beat a player but his bottle crashes too easily. How many 1 on 1s with keepers does he bottle and as for 50/50 tackles he turns his back and runs a mile. Inconsistent and im fed up with him. He'll have a place in this current team but if we ever get a decent manager he'll be on his way 

You’re not likely to hear me say this again, but I thought we missed him last night, for his pace alone.

Barring a ridiculous piece of goalkeeping which presented us with a needless corner, followed up by an even more ridiculously good finish from Wilson, there’s no way we were breaking that lot down, if we’d played all week.

No pace whatever in that line up & Windass may just have given us a bit extra.

• 4 weeks later...

Just jumped into my mind from watching him last night. He's been decent lately, scoring some goals and puts in a decent shift, but by fuck he needs to learn how to play the ball ahead of a team mate. 3 or 4 times on the break last night he slowed the attack down by passing behind. If he can get that sorted out it would boost his effectiveness in the midfield massively I think.

6 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Just jumped into my mind from watching him last night. He's been decent lately, scoring some goals and puts in a decent shift, but by fuck he needs to learn how to play the ball ahead of a team mate. 3 or 4 times on the break last night he slowed the attack down by passing behind. If he can get that sorted out it would boost his effectiveness in the midfield massively I think.

I still think he's shite.

He can run and his awareness has improved.

However he is a shite bag when tackling or jumping for a header. He also is too greedy and won't pass when the right moment comes along. He can't play a killer pass.

I always remember his first few games with us and he had that exploding power and pace to run by players at ease. He has lost that confidence to carry a ball.

6 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

It's why he's better upfront, as he's a better player when he's a bit greedy and can run on at goal. Pushing him 20 yards further back on the pitch overcomplicates things, and he's not got the vision to pick out passes when under pressure. 

5 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Was one point last night in the second half he had the ball in the middle & had a player either side of him.

Instead of passing to the guy on the right he passed to the left wing & opportunity was lost, needs to work on his awareness.

2 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

However he is a shite bag when tackling or jumping for a header. He also is too greedy and won't pass when the right moment comes along. He can't play a killer pass.

I always remember his first few games with us and he had that exploding power and pace to run by players at ease. He has lost that confidence to carry a ball.

There's a player in there, he's improved since he's arrived but him playing on the wing didn't help.

His best position is CAM.

3 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

I wouldn't say he's shite. He's by no means the best number 10 style player we've ever had but he does have some good attributes.

And his tackling is poor, apart from this one of course.....

image.thumb.png.7faaa9b7cf0f6b3708eaf2cb0a770df7.png

6 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

No yesterday he wasn't.

7 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Was one point last night in the second half he had the ball in the middle & had a player either side of him.

Instead of passing to the guy on the right he passed to the left wing & opportunity was lost, needs to work on his awareness.

That one point lead to a pass coming into the box on the ground, Windass flicking it on to Morelos, who then skied it...

But I know what u mean. It did slow it down and should have been passed ahead of Morelos on his right.

Still a decent player now.

I still don't rate him. the one where he watched and waited for the ball coming to him when Aberdeen broke through the middle had me screaming and bawling at him. He's so so frustrating. There may well be a player in there but i don't think we are good enough to carry him. He also shat out of 2 clear 50/50s last night again and shat himself turning his back when their goalie cleared a ball from their box. He does that all the fucking time. He's a shitebag. Would not lose a wink of sleep if we sold him. 

28 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

That one point lead to a pass coming into the box on the ground, Windass flicking it on to Morelos, who then skied it...

But I know what u mean. It did slow it down and should have been passed ahead of Morelos on his right.

Still a decent player now.

Definitely, the pass should have been played to Morelos in front of him on the right.

His decision making does need some working on but like I say he's definitely got potential to improve even more.

1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

Definitely, the pass should have been played to Morelos in front of him on the right.

His decision making does need some working on but like I say he's definitely got potential to improve even more.

The one thing I'd say is that he seems to have consistently improved under Murty, and seems to enjoy playing under him. I think keep him central, and attacking, and if he can continue to steadily improve he could be a key player.

He. Is. Fucking. Useless. 

I really don’t get how people can defend him. His first instinct when he gets into a dangerous position is either to pass to someone else as quickly as possible, or balloon a shot into the stand. He’s a technically gifted player but a fucking coward. He’ll never, ever make it at a top club. He’ll likely go on to have a half decent career at a handful of no mark English Championship teams that accept mediocrity for 3 weeks if it means they get a “good win” against the leaders. The cunt isn’t fit to wear the jersey and should’ve been punted a year ago. 

AS the OP, I feel the lad has improved recently, not the finished article however, his commitment to tackling is very poor, wee holty was at one point gave him thee look in a 50/50, still feel he should stay off twitter and concentrate on trying to be "Rangers standard"