Credit due to Mark Allen?

I honestly never thought we would sign a player this window apart from loan deals and pulling back players that are out on loan at the moment. This seems to be whats happening but i think credit is due to Mark for the players we are bringing in on loan and also for getting some of the lesser players out the door as well; we have good targets if the press reports are to be believed and if Pena etc are unhappy then it's correct to get them away, even if they may have a few goals in them. This will (or should) be down to the director of football - not the board.

I think if we can get a few attacking options up top then we can mount a challenge again if Murty gets his tactics right and is taking the time to get a game plan in place on the winter break. Second is a must but if we can get a good run i expect the tims to slip a few more times which could make the final stages of the season interesting.

The real worry now is if Murty does us well this season, does he stay in the Summer or does he go and we face another rebuild?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Bit early this we congratulate at the end of the season if we have achieved anything.

I'm also a bit wary of jumping the gun before there are any positive results on the table, Smile; so you are correct in what you say. I'm fed up of fans falling into the trap and predicting we will run riot with new players we get, only for them to be a massive disappointment.

I would like nothing better than the man to be a roaring success, if he comes up trumps with his dealings it improves us on the park.

He had me puzzled with the Nemane loan though who looked way put his depth when Hibs got Shaw who ran us ragged at Easter Road from his old club, i see he just signed for Hibs on a proper contract now.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Bit early this we congratulate at the end of the season if we have achieved anything.

that would be to give credit to Mark for winnig the league or coming second - that's a team effort.

I'm referring to the targets we're linked to and signing, this is (should) be down to him and i think he's picked well so far, certainly seem to be better than what we targeted previously.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

that would be to give credit to Mark for winnig the league or coming second - that's a team effort.

I'm referring to the targets we're linked to and signing, this is (should) be down to him and i think he's picked well so far, certainly seem to be better than what we targeted previously.

Who do you thinks much better?

Erm I'd be waiting a while before praising anyone.

We have signed a couple of decent players like Morelos and Murphy. We have signed a shower of shite too though in Pena, Herrera, Alves, Cardoso, Dalcio ect who cost a fortune both in fee's and wages.

When we have a winning team on the park and players who are reaching their potential then I'll praise folk and not a second before.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We have signed a couple of decent players like Morelos and Murphy. We have signed a shower of shite too though in Pena, Herrera, Alves, Cardoso, Dalcio ect who cost a fortune both in fee's and wages.

When we have a winning team on the park and players who are reaching their potential then I'll praise folk and not a second before.

do you think that was Allen thgough? i wouldn't be surprised if Pedro said he wanted them and that was it. i think this is one of the first windows where he's been told to do some work while Murty gets to grips with the team.

do you think that was Allen thgough? i wouldn't be surprised if Pedro said he wanted them and that was it. i think this is one of the first windows where he's been told to do some work while Murty gets to grips with the team.

Well he has the title of DOF so it falls on him. If the club want to give out cushty wee jobs with titles like that then they should be judged on the players we bring in.

Yes.

2/3 players we've signed I'm very pleased with - DJ and Murphy. The lad Goss I know nothing about.

Murty has spoken of agreeing parameters of the type of player Rangers should sign, I reckon the first 2 I've mentioned will do well.

As others mention half his battle will be to get rid of either duds or those costing too much for what they provide. Nemane and Thomson have been moved on but there's much more real work to be done.

So Yes, definite start in the right direction for which he and his team deserve some praise.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Who do you thinks much better?

Goss, Murphy and Cummings (if true) for a start, getting Pedros signings out the door, bringing back Halliday ( i may regret typing that) and O'Halloran who looks to have had a decent spell out on loan, if he can get the loan signings paid in full then that's also a decent bit of business.

Goss, Murphy and Cummings (if true) for a start, getting Pedros signings out the door, bringing back Halliday ( i may regret typing that) and O'Halloran who looks to have had a decent spell out on loan, if he can get the loan signings paid in full then that's also a decent bit of business.

I have never seen Goss play, Murphy never really remember him at all as a standout and Cummings has not scored outside the Championship I think Murphy has the best chance as some really rate him not sure how the other two will do.

Well no, not yet. John signing permanently was inevitable IMO. We needed a long term cheap replacement for Wallace who looks more injury prone as the seasons go on and John hasn’t been bad or very good so he fits the bill. 

Murphy is a great signing, I’ll give him that. 

If he has managed to get a guaranteed fee for Pena and most of his wages paid I’ll give him that as well. 

Goss just screams MW to me, 6 professional games at 22? Others we’ve been linked with like Longstaff and Devante Cole just add to this perception that those who have worked in England think players from the lower leagues will cut it up here. We’ve been down that road before and it bit us right on the arse. 

If however he gets Cummings and Docherty and adds a quality player at the back whilst getting fees for Alves, Herrera and Hodson I’d be relatively happy with that. 

We need major improvements on the squad of 18 not kids on loan to make up the numbers or gain experience. 

Cummings, Docherty and Russell Martin would be upgrades on Herrera, Pena and Alves. So he’d have done well there. 

If we end up with Goss, Longstaff, Cole and an unknown quantity CB I think we all know what road we’ll be going down again. 

27 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Weren't most of those players signed before Allen took up his position?

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The congratulations cart should not be placed so far ahead of the delivery horse at this early point in the DOF experiment.   

The OP is suggesting credit not congratulations, nor high fives or back slapping as others mention.

Would have thought if folk were pleased with the signings of Murphy/John permanently/ Goss then some credit would be afforded. Unless the signing were not deemed to be part of his doing which would be controversial.

Or perhaps folk want the benefit of hindsight before commiting to whether or not they're good signings.....

Secondary to that is the players out aspect which seems also to be a work in progress. Pena seems to be the biggest profile exit and it does seem as if that could come off to our financial gain.

Not sure why, and not aimed at you, but tbere does seem a reluctance out there to show positivity to Allen.