kranjcar

ready1873

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

I would keep Miller as player coach next season. Always decent for the big games and pops up with important goals. Not a player for week in week out.

He's scored 4 goals in 18 appearances this season. He's also picked up a serious injury which may cause him difficulty in getting back to his pre injury level. Next year will see him turn 39.

There's nothing there that suggests he deserves a contract in any playing capacity, even part time. We need to move away from squad fillers and have a squad full of first team capable players or the best of youth.

Let's look to what players can and will do for us, not back at what they used to offer.

11 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I would be pushing him towards coaching, he would be a good head to have around the younger players. 

I don't agree. I think to coach at a club like ours is more about a state of mind than just pure technical ability. There's no doubt before he was finished Nico was a player with great technical ability but for me he has always lacked work rate and mental toughness. With us often he doesn't look bothered and strolls around. Those are not attributes of a Rangers player and that is not the sort of person I would want coaching our young players. For me that is why someone like Kevin Thomson is a great appointment in spite of being probably regarded as technically poorer compared to Krancjar. 

7 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I don't agree. I think to coach at a club like ours is more about a state of mind than just pure technical ability. There's no doubt before he was finished Nico was a player with great technical ability but for me he has always lacked work rate and mental toughness. With us often he doesn't look bothered and strolls around. Those are not attributes of a Rangers player and that is not the sort of person I would want coaching our young players. For me that is why someone like Kevin Thomson is a great appointment in spite of being probably regarded as technically poorer compared to Krancjar. 

You raise a valid point mate, I just felt he has a wealth of experience and would be something different to what we currently have. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's scored 4 goals in 18 appearances this season. He's also picked up a serious injury which may cause him difficulty in getting back to his pre injury level. Next year will see him turn 39.

There's nothing there that suggests he deserves a contract in any playing capacity, even part time. We need to move away from squad fillers and have a squad full of first team capable players or the best of youth.

Let's look to what players can and will do for us, not back at what they used to offer.

I wouldn't keep him for coaching either at this point.

I don't think he's level-headed enough. Needs a couple of years away, developing at a lower level first.

7 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I agree Niko is a luxury we can not afford to have in the team but can not agree with he strolls around looking like he doesnt care.

The problem with guys who cant run is we judge them the same way we do as someone who can run, we all know Nikos legs simply are not there. It looks like he is towing a double decker bus but his work rate is quite clearly there for all to see.......yeah he cant do as much as Tav lets say but his commitment to Rangers and the team is the same if not more than others. You are very unfair on him saying he doesnt care.

Get him out the team, th8nk we all agree but his intention is written all over his face and attitude when he has worn that Rangers jersey, first class attitude.......unfortunately using the equivalent of a zimmer frame doesnt quite cut it, no less effort though.

On 29 Jan 2018 at 11:11, pcbear said:

Mark Warburton flew to America to get this over the line, i remember at the time he said he had to look him in the eye to see if he still had the hunger, he apperently did as they shuffled the salt and pepper pots around the dinner table in tactical fashion.

:lol:

I can actually envisage the bread man doing that. Unfortunelty the salt took a heavy tackle but has trained well since coming back and should be....I don't know?.....7-10 days away!

4 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

Are you a fan? In the sense of his contribution and leaving.

Not exactly a club legend, and one who fucked (tried to fuck) us over at pretty much the first oppertunity.

A fan of Warburton? No, not at all.

Still only ever heard taigs refer to him as the bread man though.

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

we owe him nothing

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post but we do indeed owe him what we promised to pay him contractually.   Should have been a Pay As You Play Deal given his injury record.  Who ever signed off on his contract is a muppet.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

A fan of Warburton? No, not at all.

Still only ever heard taigs refer to him as the bread man though.

I rarely read their spewings nowadays, and being over here you don't bump into too many rabids, on that front.

I read it on here frequently when we were going through the Warburton era. I'd consider Calling Ally, Sally tim like - but not a bread based slur for the bald one.

Just now, Ibrox_Nights said:

I rarely read their spewings nowadays, and being over here you don't bump into too many rabids, on that front.

I read it on here frequently when we were going through the Warburton era. I'd consider Calling Ally, Sally tim like - but not a bread based slur for the bald one.

Over where?

I'm just talking to taigs i talk to on a day to day basis mate.

Warburton is a fanny all the same.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Over where?

I'm just talking to taigs i talk to on a day to day basis mate.

Warburton is a fanny all the same.

Live near Malaga, mate.

I've not heard too much talk about him for ages to be honest. After Pedro and all, he seems to have fallen back into just another part our history and the madness of the last fee years. Rarely hear much chat on him now.

If bread man is a Timmy slur, then I stand corrected :lol:

On 29/01/2018 at 10:11, pcbear said:

Mark Warburton flew to America to get this over the line, i remember at the time he said he had to look him in the eye to see if he still had the hunger, he apperently did as they shuffled the salt and pepper pots around the dinner table in tactical fashion.

Pickle for a baw, toothpicks for goals £15k a week. 

7 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

Live near Malaga, mate.

I've not heard too much talk about him for ages to be honest. After Pedro and all, he seems to have fallen back into just another part our history and the madness of the last fee years. Rarely hear much chat on him now.

If bread man is a Timmy slur, then I stand corrected :lol:

Lucky bassa, bet it's not freezing gale force winds and pishing down there like it is in Greenock the now?:lol:

He has flopped big time after his rat stunt so worst of luck to the prick.

To be fair to him he un-earthed the big raw rough diamond that is David Bates.