kranjcar

ready1873

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

I hate being negative about players, but for me I just don't see any positive in Halliday remaining at the club, he was deemed to be surplus to requirements by Pedro, with the influx of signings in this window, potentially better quality players than Halliday I think the guy needs to find a new club, at the age of 26 he needs to be playing regularly and I cannot see that happening with us.

I wouldn't be using that Pedro deemed him surplus, if I was you, to bolster your point. 

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He's finished as a footballer but we shouldn't be releasing him and paying him off. He should be helping our youth players out - guys like Barjonas and Burt who appear to be more technical footballers

Wouldnt say they are more technical thank him. He just doesnt have the legs anymore

Just now, PolarBear1972 said:

I would keep Miller as player coach next season. Always decent for the big games and pops up with important goals. Not a player for week in week out.

You'd give Kenny Miller another contract?  He'll be 39 in December FFS!

9 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

I would keep Miller as player coach next season. Always decent for the big games and pops up with important goals. Not a player for week in week out.

I think the problem with Miller is that he will want to play in every game, even though he doesn't have the levels anymore for that, and that could adversely affect the team due to his stubbornness.

And Niko will go at the end of the season, as he should. His legs have definitely gone for this level and he needs a walking pace game rather than 100 miles an hour like here. He should do a del Piero and go to Oz, or back to the states. Better pace and climate for him, and he can enjoy his football.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

But I don't see any lack of effort, he didn't sign himself and I don't blame him for coming here...

It's a fair point and I get why you've made it. However, if you talk the talk, get in amongst the fans, sing the songs, etc would you not have a bit more dig than Halliday? He'll look back and realise he wasted his chance to be a Ranger rolling around the ground clutching various parts of his body. 

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's a fair point and I get why you've made it. However, if you talk the talk, get in amongst the fans, sing the songs, etc would you not have a bit more dig than Halliday? He'll look back and realise he wasted his chance to be a Ranger rolling around the ground clutching various parts of his body. 

While being a bear can give you that little extra dig, it doesn't make you physically stronger. One of the reasons Halliday struggled in the Championship and was "rolling around" was because he was getting kicked about by hammer-throwing cunts. His lack of strength is an obvious weakness in his game, and the main reason why I don't think he can make it here, but I certainly won't fault him for trying his best.

It's just that his best isn't good enough, sadly.

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You'd give Kenny Miller another contract?  He'll be 39 in December FFS!

Davie Weir, Gordon Strachan etc... Players a bit older than 39 have played at the top level many many times. I'm sure there was a 50yr old playing at a decent level in the 80's/90's. 

That's not me saying give him another contract, but I wouldn't be against him being given a coaching job and still be registered to play. Obviously wages would be structured on a pay as you play deal with his basic coaching wage. 

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

While being a bear can give you that little extra dig, it doesn't make you physically stronger. One of the reasons Halliday struggled in the Championship and was "rolling around" was because he was getting kicked about by hammer-throwing cunts. His lack of strength is an obvious weakness in his game, and the main reason why I don't think he can make it here, but I certainly won't fault him for trying his best.

It's just that his best isn't good enough, sadly.

Not to mention he's been played out of position his whole time at our club. 

A bit sore on Niko here I think. Guy has done nothing but try really. To get an injury like he did, at his age after many previous ones, then fight back to actually play, takes a lot of damned hard work.  It hasn't worked out but the guy has killed himself trying to get fit right from he signed.

1 minute ago, Orange Persson said:

A bit sore on Niko here I think. Guy has done nothing but try really. To get an injury like he did, at his age after many previous ones, then fight back to actually play, takes a lot of damned hard work.  It hasn't worked out but the guy has killed himself trying to get fit right from he signed.

:lol: 

What a load of absolute pish. He treats every game he plays in like it’s a kick about with his kids. Plays at a fucking walking pace and does absolutely nothing to help defend when he loses the ball 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Davie Weir, Gordon Strachan etc... Players a bit older than 39 have played at the top level many many times. I'm sure there was a 50yr old playing at a decent level in the 80's/90's. 

That's not me saying give him another contract, but I wouldn't be against him being given a coaching job and still be registered to play. Obviously wages would be structured on a pay as you play deal with his basic coaching wage. 

No we need better players than Miller and I would much rather his wages went on a younger player. Incidentally there still is a 50 year old playing in Japan...can’t remember his name but he has played in a number of other leagues also.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol: 

What a load of absolute pish. He treats every game he plays in like it’s a kick about with his kids. Plays at a fucking walking pace and does absolutely nothing to help defend when he loses the ball 

You'll have had those injury's of course and know what it is about to recover from them?  

Just now, Orange Persson said:

You'll have had those injury's of course and know what it is about to recover from them?  

It’s nothing to do with his past injuries. Its blatant that he doesn’t really care and can’t be fucked trying when he’s on the field.