Please board give us a real manager

GeeSS

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

If they bring in a replacement who is an established manager how long should they give him?

You and some others don't think he's good enough that doesn't mean he isn't good enough. The jury is still out for me, we've had some terrible results but we've also enjoyed some great results under Murty.

There isn't a Rangers manager I can remember that every supporter thought was good enough.

He isn't good enough. You don't drop points like he has at home and away to shit like Dundee and Hamilton if you are a good manager. 17 points dropped under him since Pedro left, that's abysmal.

no point deluding yourself otherwise 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He isn't good enough. You don't drop points like he has at home and away to shit like Dundee and Hamilton if you are a good manager. 17 points dropped under him since Pedro left, that's abysmal.

The team Murty took over couldn't win 3 games in a row no matter the opposition.

How long would you give a replacement manager?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Annoying thing is they bastards were there for the taking this year and we fucked it up again.

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The team Murty took over couldn't win 3 games in a row no matter the opposition.

How long would you give a replacement manager?

If the replacement manager couldn't win games at home against shit and drops 17 points since the time Pedro left then he would be punted too. 

Folk accepting this pish will be the same ones greeting about when the taigs get 10IAR saying we should have done this and that.

we don't have time 

28 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We fucked it by leaving that wank Caixinha in charge for 5 months too long, a hope to fuck that doesn't happen with Murty

Of course it bloody will, we don't have a single leader at the club from the boardroom down to the fucking players.

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If the replacement manager couldn't win games at home against shit and drops 17 points since the time Pedro left then he would be punted too. 

Folk accepting this pish will be the same ones greeting about when the taigs get 10IAR saying we should have done this and that.

we don't have time 

Highlighted section.  Unfortunately I think this is what we have became.  Most of the support have accepted being 2nd best.  Just reading in here and the support for murty proves that.  It's coming on 7 years since we last won a major trophy and that is slowly but surely being ingrained on the younger supporters which has a knock on effect.  Once you accept mediocrity it's downhill from there and a lot of the fan base now has this mentality  

21 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Clubs a joke. Warburton, Pedro, Murty and then the debacle of McInnes

Fuck that Robertson cunt anaw

Just logged on for the first time after yesterdays result and was going to post similar.

Fucking shambles on and off the pitch - but this board won't be held to account for it.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Imagine you calling yourself a Rangers fan ???????, that's a cooler story , and the £120m over 3 years to pay for Eu migrants education when we are not even in the Eu at that point?   And your trying to tell us bears what's best for our club when the party you vote for have now reduced the union flag to flying in Scotland to a handful of times per year? 

They are anti Scottish Ira Republican loving   filth, so please laugh all you want.

Laughing even more now - comedy gold. And delusional - but hey it’s a football forum and you obviously have nothing to say about football so have gone off on some petulant wee rant to try to make a poInt of some sort - and still failed to make it. ??

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

The big difference was Walter took over and had a winning mentality straight away.  With Walter if you weren't pulling your weight and playing well you knew straight away and would be bombed from the team.  Everyone was scared of Walter and that earned everyone's respect throughout the club.  Stark dif to murty who wants to be everyone's friend and is scared to upset them.  Will murty grow a backbone and a ruthless streak possibly but let's be honest that's a character thing which murty I doubt will learn.  

To compare the 2 is a non existant argument unless in 10 years time murty is up their among the greatest managers ever

If we give Murty the time he will be ( imho ) and Walte didn’t exactly take over teams that needed the rebuilding jobs we need to do - ( and he would have done it well - if given time!) 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If we give Murty the time he will be ( imho ) and Walte didn’t exactly take over teams that needed the rebuilding jobs we need to do - ( and he would have done it well - if given time!) 

Let's be honest, you'd be happy with Ally back in charge.

Speaks volumes :sarcasm:

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

The big difference was Walter took over and had a winning mentality straight away.  With Walter if you weren't pulling your weight and playing well you knew straight away and would be bombed from the team.  Everyone was scared of Walter and that earned everyone's respect throughout the club.  Stark dif to murty who wants to be everyone's friend and is scared to upset them.  Will murty grow a backbone and a ruthless streak possibly but let's be honest that's a character thing which murty I doubt will learn.  

To compare the 2 is a non existant argument unless in 10 years time murty is up their among the greatest managers ever

Absolute pish, particularly in his second spell.

Walter played some roasters week in week out. The best expert in favouritism starting players who had been shite for weeks. Then there was the 10 minute to go sub, if we were lucky.

Walter inherited quality and a winning mentality from Souness, along with a cheque book. The English game was in the shit being banned from Europe, along with the scum who had imploded. The stars were in alignment and we took full advantage.They were great days, but not all sweetness and light. Sure Walter deserves credit, but no Souness there was no Walter, end of. 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Highlighted section.  Unfortunately I think this is what we have became.  Most of the support have accepted being 2nd best.  Just reading in here and the support for murty proves that.  It's coming on 7 years since we last won a major trophy and that is slowly but surely being ingrained on the younger supporters which has a knock on effect.  Once you accept mediocrity it's downhill from there and a lot of the fan base now has this mentality  

This in a nutshell.Far too many supporters have become accustomed to accepting mediocrity.If the games against Dundee,Hamilton and Hibs does not point to the fact Murty doesn’t have the right abilities then what does?We were not just beaten we were outplayed,outfought and outclassed.Let that just sink in for a moment then ponder this.Not one team outside the unwashed have a stronger squad than us but continually we are beaten by better organised and fired up sides.Now who picks,sets out and motivates these lesser sides?It their managers.Practically every other manager in the league can get more out of weaker squads than Murty can get out of ours.To be honest when I hear him speaks he talks well but doesn’t inspire me that he holds any authority to command a dressing room.Not only that but his inability to act when things blatantly needs changed is inexcusable.For these reasons he is not the answer and if others think he is then we are in a far far worse state as a fan base than I had feared.

2 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

This in a nutshell.Far too many supporters have become accustomed to accepting mediocrity.If the games against Dundee,Hamilton and Hibs does not point to the fact Murty doesn’t have the right abilities then what does?We were not just beaten we were outplayed,outfought and outclassed.Let that just sink in for a moment then ponder this.Not one team outside the unwashed have a stronger squad than us but continually we are beaten by better organised and fired up sides.Now who picks,sets out and motivates these lesser sides?It their managers.Practically every other manager in the league can get more out of weaker squads than Murty can get out of ours.To be honest when I hear him speaks he talks well but doesn’t inspire me that he holds any authority to command a dressing room.Not only that but his inability to act when things blatantly needs changed is inexcusable.For these reasons he is not the answer and if others think he is then we are in a far far worse state as a fan base than I had feared.

For me it's soul destroying.  My oldest boy is 16 and was gutted at the result yesterday along with so many this season alone, my oldest daughter is 12 and just accepted the defeat as the norm which resulted in the 2 literally coming to blows. All she remembers is poor Rangers teams where a home defeat is acceptable and the norm whereas my oldest son can remember some of the cup and title wins.  Unfortunately that's the thin line we, as a club are treading now.  If this goes on for another 2, 3 or 4 years we could have a younger fan base ingrained with failure and being 2nd best. 

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs we have a real manager - one that will be great but this expectation that we will win every game and we need these threads after every defeat is tedious in the extreme 

we will Play  much worse and win games.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

In what way is the decision ‘harming’ the club? Seems the anti board brigade revel in defeat so they can have a pop! Seems also some ‘fans’ would rather have a gonat anything to do with the club rather than support them! 

They ‘dominated’ (?) and yet it took some shitty refereeing for them to win. Also the number of folks that think a ‘good’ manager would just come in and we win every game are deluded. Building a good team is a process not a binary thing. I’ll guarantee you tho’ that if we keep chopping and changing managers we will go no where. 

Slow to mAke changes? Ffs nieve Fifa 17 shite. Building a team takes time - it’s a process not a binary thing - it takes transfer windows, time for players to assimilate but there is this expectation that it’s easy! 

.... and I’m being proven right - unless we give a manager real time and backing we won’t get to where we want to be. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Everyone criticised Walter as well for ‘slow’ changes - many managers don’t make subs till late - if that’s all you have it’s pretty poor. I assume your just one of the generic haters on here that needs something to rant about after a loss. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Comedy gold :lol:

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

we don't have time 

Nothing to do with accepting pish, it's about looking at the state of the squad  Murty  took charge of , understanding that several key players are out injured and giving the new players a chance to settle.