UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

So have the bheggars outwith Europe yet they are hanging on by their fingernails and whatever other nonsense has been posted in this thread. Keep believing but fuck me people need to stop talking shite.

We’re 9 points behind and have 2 games still to play against them, there’s still hope.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Put it this way: If we go about our business in the summer with the same level of success as the previous window, we'll win the league next season no problem.

I am not being funny, but this season's title is still massively in play. They might not think so, the media may not think so, the bookies might not think so, but I do.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

We’re 9 points behind and have 2 games still to play against them, there’s still hope.

Precisely, and remember in the Helicopter Sunday season, they beat us at Ibrox, then immediately fucked up against Hibs. That was how the 5 point gap they secured by that win against us was down to the catchable 2 leading to that  last match classic showdown.

2 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Precisely, and remember in the Helicopter Sunday season, they beat us at Ibrox, then immediately fucked up against Hibs. That was how the 5 point gap they secured by that win against us was down to the catchable 2 leading to that  last match classic showdown.

Let’s not forget Rodgers and his weak mentality. I fully believe if we put pressure on he will crumble.

27 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Even though we were less points behind when ge left than we are now?

Funny how people have already forgotten about the display against Hibs a few weeks ago which we'll see again this season. We've been inconsistent since Murty took over.

Less points behind then, but are you honestly telling me we are not a better team now than what we wew in October? I don't normally look at it this way, but I honestly think we are improving albeit inconsistency is our issue.   I'd hope we are going to address that sooner rather than later because next season we will be potentially looking at a new captain and vice captain and leadership is what we lack right now.

6 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I am not being funny, but this season's title is still massively in play. They might not think so, the media may not think so, the bookies might not think so, but I do.

Nine point swing is not unprecedented at all. Lets face it as much as we are the masters of winning titles they are just as well known for throwing titles away.

7 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Less points behind then, but are you honestly telling me we are not a better team now than what we wew in October? I don't normally look at it this way, but I honestly think we are improving albeit inconsistency is our issue.   I'd hope we are going to address that sooner rather than later because next season we will be potentially looking at a new captain and vice captain and leadership is what we lack right now.

Yes we are a better team now but are further behind than we were then so I don't see how they are bottling it or shiting it or whatever.

8 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Yes we are a better team now but are further behind than we were then so I don't see how they are bottling it or shiting it or whatever.

They were always going to tire out and lose form.  It was long over due.  Since October they have lost twice and drawn what, 4 more since.  That isn't down to us or the sheep (no laughing at the back) putting them under the cosh... it's down to them not being as good as they like to think.

I tend to agree with you and they have not bottled it, at least not yet anyway. That will come and when it does we have to be at our most consistent to take advantage.  I think we will.  My opinion, of course :thumbup:

We have every chance of putting some real pressure on them if we can keep winning games including the 2 against them.

But for fuck sake will people stop harping on about Rodgers' "weak mentality", "crumbles under pressure" etc. 

Rodgers mentality will have fuck all to do with whether we overcome them. He could have the mental strength of Leonidas but it boils down to who's the better team - we need to show it's us.  The crumbling under pressure is a myth anyway.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We have every chance of putting some real pressure on them if we can keep winning games including the 2 against them.

But for fuck sake will people stop harping on about Rodgers' "weak mentality", "crumbles under pressure" etc. 

Rodgers mentality will have fuck all to do with whether we overcome them. He could have the mental strength of Leonidas but it boils down to who's the better team - we need to show it's us.  The crumbling under pressure is a myth anyway.

Nope, I disagree. If we can catch up to within 3pts at the split. We will have the momentum and they will be under real pressure. Any team would feel it. I don’t think it will happen but if we did manage to get that close it’s fuckin game on! 

For me we need to beat them twice if we want to overturn a 9 point deficit. That leaves them needing to drop 3 more points than us in the other 8 games, and us pull back something like 10 goals. That is possible, however if we even draw one of the games against them can we really see them dropping 6 more points than us in 8 games. 

Can’t see them crumbling to be honest,  they’ve got more about them then we have.  Their strikers have struggled all season yet as a team have scored more than us all season,  bearing in mind we’d have to beat them twice when we haven’t beat them in the last 8-9 games is a big ask.

i think it will finish with us around 5 behind unfortunately, we just don’t have the squad to win 8/10 with the hope of them dropping points

On 26/02/2018 at 17:56, Siwel said:

Even if we don’t win it this season if we can finish within 3/4 points it should push us on and give us confidence that we can do even better next season with the correct signings in the summer.

Agreed. Finishing in single figures behind them is unfortunately an accomplishment this season considering the disaster of Caixinha, but it does give us something to build on.

Even if it forces their hand into spending big money, I actually think that could work in our favour. Rodgers record with cash is abysmal (see Markovic as a prime example), and doing so provides the opportunity for pressure to mount heavily when they aren’t 15 points clear by October. As you say, he crumbles every single time things get difficult.

More to the point, we’re getting closer and closer to where we want to be. Murty and Allen have surprised everyone with the impressive changes they’ve made to the playing department and how we style our play. If we can sort that defence out once and for all, we are capable of winning the league next season. There is absolutely no doubt about that. We need to remove the sentimental value we have for certain players, like Wallace, and plug the leaks that’ve been evident for years. The bulk of our budget should be spent on two new centre backs and a left back.

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

ĢIf the spineless sheep had got a result on Sunday we would be 3 behind the bheasts tonight.

If St Johnstone beat us last night we would be 9 points behind. If they didnt chuck a 2 goal lead to draw with Hibs aswell we would be 11 points behind or if they beat us in December we would be 14 points behind. 

Could be here all day.