Say what you want about him now but

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Captaining a treble winning side, one of only seven teams to do it.

Captaining multiple trophies and a European final.

Most European appearances.

Since 2000, I'd only consider 2 Rangers players legends, him and Wallace

Fair enough mate but imo Ferguson and Wallace aren't in the same league when it comes to defining a legend, love Wallace tae

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wallace's actions make him admirable but he is miles off legendary status imo.

Since 2000 I would have Barry as a legend and potentially Albertz.. Its impossible (for anyone) to compare our whole history given nobody here is 100 odd years old! 

Everyone will probably be a wee bit biased to teams they grew up with, especially successful ones. I do think it's a bit crazy to say Barry isn't a legend whilst people like Gascoigne will be considered a legend with no issues (and probably rightly)... Barry won more than Gazza, done more in Europe and would never have dreamt of leaving us at the particular time Gazza did ?

Barry ferguson is a Rangers legend. That is not an opinion than is an indisputable fact. 

Is he a jumped up ned who thought for a while that he was bigger than the club? maybe. That’s up for debate. 

Did he tarnish his legend by leaving to Blackburn. Maybe. That’s debateable as well. 

Did he completely embarrass himself, Walter and the club with the V sign. Probably. 

Was his behaviour under PLG out of order. Maybe. 

Debate aplenty but he came through from the youths to Captain one of our best footballing teams in our history and won more trophies than most captains. He was an outstanding talent and very much a legend. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Name the others then please. I get that I’m from a younger generation but even guys I know over 40, 50 etc never hesitate when Barry Ferguson and legend is mentioned in the same sentence. 

5 league titles, 5 Scottish cups, 5 league cups. Captains a European final team, a treble winner,  the most appearances in Europe and was literally the best midfielder in Europe for the best part of 5 years. What more do you want mate? 

:lol:

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Captaining a treble winning side, one of only seven teams to do it.

Captaining multiple trophies and a European final.

Most European appearances.

Since 2000, I'd only consider 2 Rangers players legends, him and Wallace

:lol:

Shouldn’t even be in the same discussion as Ferguson. 

Loved the wee guy. Brilliant prospect when he broke through under the general. Remember whennhe joined us the 2nd time and told Blackburn he was leaving they all thought he was leaving to join Man Utd or Arsenal he was that good.

Seem to remember hearing a story about him going out and fighting the mhankies after an of defeat...anyone shed some light on the story?

5 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Gascoigne or when i was a kid it had to be cooper/souness

I won’t disagree Gascoigne in my life time is the most skilled midfielder but I think if you are talking exclusively Rangers performances Ferguson was better.

For me it’s like saying Frank de Boer is the best defender skilfully in my lifetime but Richard Gough was better for us.

Barry was a far better performer in Europe for a start in our strip. Gascoigne’s performances in Europe were a bit of a disgrace.

Hard to think of a better Scottish midfielder in the recent modern era. The head up, the vision, running power, passing and scoring. Will to win was awesome.

Out of the guys who were Scots and started their career with us, he was best of modern era. This is obvious.

4 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Barry ferguson is a Rangers legend. That is not an opinion than is an indisputable fact. 

Is he a jumped up ned who thought for a while that he was bigger than the club? maybe. That’s up for debate. 

Did he tarnish his legend by leaving to Blackburn. Maybe. That’s debateable as well. 

Did he completely embarrass himself, Walter and the club with the V sign. Probably. 

Was his behaviour under PLG out of order. Maybe. 

Debate aplenty but he came through from the youths to Captain one of our best footballing teams in our history and won more trophies than most captains. He was an outstanding talent and very much a legend. 

Naaah. 

Definitely not a legend, he was a great footballer and equally a great fuck'n halfwit. 

The V sign is not up for debate, Walter booted him out immediately afterwards, so there's no debate.

And if the legend bit was unquestionable, I'd guess that >95% of the people on here have watched him play and his legend status is not agreed by all.

And seems that he did not get privileged status when Pedro was looking for a local, Scottish assistant.