***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Ever get the impression we are setting ourselves up for one all mighty fall? Worries me anytime I'm confident going into these games, normally ends in disaster from past experience.

We need to turn up on Sunday and straight from the off. One thing I would say is if we were to concede first we've got goals all over the park now whereas previously it was game over.

I've got the same worry in the back of my head, always prefer going into this as complete underdogs. Still buzzing for it though.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Ever get the impression we are setting ourselves up for one all mighty fall? Worries me anytime I'm confident going into these games, normally ends in disaster from past experience.

We need to turn up on Sunday and straight from the off. One thing I would say is if we were to concede first we've got goals all over the park now whereas previously it was game over.

Agree.

30 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’m quite the opposite to be honest. Usually when I think deep down we will get beat it happens, which has been the case ever since we came back up if truth be told.

I just have the same feeling for Sunday as I did for the semi final 2016. Feel like the fans, players and everyone around the club is right up for it. Just hope the outcome is as enjoyable as that one. 

5 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Everyone bear I’ve spoken too says we will run over the top of them, they can’t live with high pressing teams. Watch the Hearts game from earlier 

"Murts" won't have the balls to press them high. He's a cautious, weak little man. 

49 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Funny you mention him; I hadnt thought about it until today and he's a concern for me also.  He's the type of player that could get a hard tackle and then go missing in these games.  Can't afford that.  I wouldnt go tinkering with it but exactly as you say he has to perform and has to be aggressive.  If he can just find that edge and mentality, take responsibility and want to get on the ball it could pay dividends.  He can't go hiding 

He could be a very good player if he sorted his head out. His ability isn't in any doubt when he's playing with confidence but once he plays a big game at Ibrox his arse collapses. On a smaller scale, I feel that's the issue with Cardoso too. Many will disagree with me but I do believe there's a player in there. Alves was meant to tutor him for big crowds like ours but the two of them crumbled as the season went on. That performance against Motherwell at Hampden was unforgivable.

Windass and Cardoso seem to struggle with the mental side of things. Alves just doesn't seem to care. I refuse to believe that a player of his calibre can come and be so underwhelming at a level lower than he's ever played.

What a rant. Can you tell its Old Firm week? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

My biggest worry is Windass, which is bizarre considering his record recently. He turned up for one half of the 5-1 game at their patch and hasn’t been near any game against them since.

He simply HAS to perform and he HAS to be aggressive.

A contradiction in terms using Windass and aggression in the same sentence.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A contradiction in terms using Windass and aggression in the same sentence.

True. I guess I'm asking for too much.

Bet you he score's a hat-trick and gets sent off for two-footing somebody now

54 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

shite bag! i'll never be scared of those kiddy diddlers. i always fancy us to give them a good pumping. might no always happen but i will always believe in my team. get into the spirit and believe! we're gonna destroy them. 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

True. I guess I'm asking for too much.

Bet you he score's a hat-trick and gets sent off for two-footing somebody now

One can only hope!

To be fair to the lad he has improved. Just stiffen up that spine a bit and he could be dynamite. He cannot remain a one trick pony as goals inevitably dry up for the best of them. He then gets pelters and slagged to death.

If he could just kick the shrinking violet act and contribute more he could become a player.

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

My biggest worry is Windass, which is bizarre considering his record recently. He turned up for one half of the 5-1 game at their patch and hasn’t been near any game against them since.

He simply HAS to perform and he HAS to be aggressive.

Windass will be fine. Completely different player playing off the striker.

Playing wide left didn't suit him so doesn't need to worry about tracking back.

Obviously still needs to work hard but not as much pressure.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Away from home aye, still been pretty brutal at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

He doesn't need to track back? Wow!

He must be a real special player.

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

If he doesn't track back then we lose. Simple.

Rodgers saying teams have been on holiday all season and Rangers haven't played under any pressure since he's arrived. 

Van Hooijdonk sent razor blades in the post. 

Some wee gypo bead rattler refused entry for the Falkirk game. 

Conspiracy theories polluting social media about referee's giving us penalties. 

Can only mean one thing... 

giphy.thumb.gif.6ab43ad37f4271015fbfc8e9aa0fe202.gif

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He doesn't need to track back? Wow!

He must be a real special player.

No but the onus is on him to find the space going forward. When he played out wide it was about chasing the full back down and helping Wallace.

I clearly said he needs to work hard

Archived