***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He could be a very good player if he sorted his head out. His ability isn't in any doubt when he's playing with confidence but once he plays a big game at Ibrox his arse collapses. On a smaller scale, I feel that's the issue with Cardoso too. Many will disagree with me but I do believe there's a player in there. Alves was meant to tutor him for big crowds like ours but the two of them crumbled as the season went on. That performance against Motherwell at Hampden was unforgivable.

Windass and Cardoso seem to struggle with the mental side of things. Alves just doesn't seem to care. I refuse to believe that a player of his calibre can come and be so underwhelming at a level lower than he's ever played.

What a rant. Can you tell its Old Firm week? :lol: 

I can that, yes :lol:

Totally agree with everything you have said.  Windass could be a bigger player for us than what he is showing.  Of his 16 goals I don't think it's a coincidence that 14 of them have been away from home.  He definitely seems to lack the mettle and psychological strength at ibrox but seems to relax more and is more free flowing playing away.  If he could just develop that side to him he could be a very important player as he does have the ability just needs to find his baws at Ibrox.  It's no doubt a confidence thing.  It's easier to take a chance and Fuck up away from home but I think he fears fan backlash at home. I get it but he just needs to go for it. Agree with you re cardoso; I thought he had been doing pretty well overall to be honest most of the time but yeah, the performance at Hampden was a shocker!

Alves just doesn't give a fuck.  As you suggested he has played at a much higher level so should be showing much more than he does.  We have players all over the pitch now that are playing for the jersey and he is one that you just know is not going to stretch himself that extra inch if needed.  It's the heart of alves and windass I question for this game, just hope alves is thinking ahead of playing for portugal in WC to stake his claim, and that windass just unshackles himself and goes all out beast mode. Time will tell.  Battle fever dawning :UK:

2 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Totally agree with everything you have said.  Windass could be a bigger player for us than what he is showing.  Of his 16 goals I don't think it's a coincidence that 14 of them have been away from home.  He definitely seems to lack the mettle and psychological strength at ibrox but seems to relax more and is more free flowing playing away.  If he could just develop that side to him he could be a very important player as he does have the ability just needs to find his baws at Ibrox.  It's no doubt a confidence thing.  It's easier to take a chance and Fuck up away from home but I think he fears fan backlash at home. I get it but he just needs to go for it. Agree with you re cardoso; I thought he had been doing pretty well overall to be honest most of the time but yeah, the performance at Hampden was a shocker!

Alves just doesn't give a fuck.  As you suggested he has played at a much higher level so should be showing much more than he does.  We have players all over the pitch now that are playing for the jersey and he is one that you just know is not going to stretch himself that extra inch if needed.  It's the heart of alves and windass I question for this game, just hope alves is thinking ahead of playing for portugal in WC to stake his claim, and that windass just unshackles himself and goes all out beast mode. Time will tell.  Battle fever dawning :UK:

That's a crazy stat

6 minutes ago, minus22 said:

In games against the Paedos those that don’t go the extra inch, won’t win their individual battles, lose those and we lose the game. I’m thinking we’ll win enough of them to triumph against the most sordid, despicable club in the World.

No Surrender the Popes a bender.

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That's a crazy stat

And could also be attributed to the fact teams don't sit in as much when we play away from home leaving him space to run in behind. Not just a mental thing, there are tactical explanations for that IMO. 

37 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

In games against the Paedos those that don’t go the extra inch, won’t win their individual battles, lose those and we lose the game. I’m thinking we’ll win enough of them to triumph against the most sordid, despicable club in the World.

No Surrender the Popes a bender.

"On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!"

Should bring in al pacino for pre match team talk :lol:

2 hours ago, gsa said:

"Murts" won't have the balls to press them high. He's a cautious, weak little man. 

No need for Kerrydale Street wi comments like that...:headwall:

Everyone knows cycles happen in Scotland. They have swanned about for the last six years like they own the place, enjoying their time in the limelight but, sooner rather than later, we WILL beat them and they fucking know it. Far too often we've had false dawns at our club since 2012, optimism brought to a crashing end. Our players better have the feeling that we do and that this weekend is our time. They're lot are fucking rubbish and there for the taking, lets hope our players are right up for this and hand them a good pumping.  It's about time their smarmy asshole of a manager gets that smirky, artificial smile wiped right off his tranny loving coupon. 

3 hours ago, billym27 said:

shite bag! i'll never be scared of those kiddy diddlers. i always fancy us to give them a good pumping. might no always happen but i will always believe in my team. get into the spirit and believe! we're gonna destroy them. 

It’s a worry of me being being wrong not of them. We’ve been in far worse positions up against them cunts and never feared, won’t be starting now 

Archived