***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

My biggest worry is Windass, which is bizarre considering his record recently. He turned up for one half of the 5-1 game at their patch and hasn’t been near any game against them since.

He simply HAS to perform and he HAS to be aggressive.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching old clips there of previous games, shit's getting me really fired up for Sunday. There's nothing I want more than to see Bates, or whoever, absolutely snap Brown in half. Either that or Nicholl to storm the pitch at full-time and fly into the fucker head first.

If only I know some folk over here to watch the shit with, it's just not the same.

Personally I would drop windass for another body in the middle and have Docherty behind the striker. When we don't have the ball just tell him to sit on brown as he's the only player we have with some strength and won't be bullied. As soon as we get the ball he's off into space and powering down the pitch which he does so well. Just an opinion mind 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

My biggest worry is Windass, which is bizarre considering his record recently. He turned up for one half of the 5-1 game at their patch and hasn’t been near any game against them since.

Drop windass for Cummings?

3 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Personally I would drop windass for another body in the middle and have Docherty behind the striker. When we don't have the ball just tell him to sit on brown as he's the only player we have with some strength and won't be bullied. As soon as we get the ball he's off into space and powering down the pitch which he does so well. Just an opinion mind 

Noy really the game to be trying out new systems as much as your logic makes sense.

Windass will be need for counter attacks, he's quick with the ball at his feet.

Hopefully we'll be playing that far up the pitch that Docherty will have a few chances to throw Brown about.

58 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Noy really the game to be trying out new systems as much as your logic makes sense.

Windass will be need for counter attacks, he's quick with the ball at his feet.

Hopefully we'll be playing that far up the pitch that Docherty will have a few chances to throw Brown about.

Honestly I think Docherty is better running with the ball than windass and you see his quick feet keeping the ball running past players

Windass gets on the end of things, Docherty goes past people. 

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Funny you mention him; I hadnt thought about it until today and he's a concern for me also.  He's the type of player that could get a hard tackle and then go missing in these games.  Can't afford that.  I wouldnt go tinkering with it but exactly as you say he has to perform and has to be aggressive.  If he can just find that edge and mentality, take responsibility and want to get on the ball it could pay dividends.  He can't go hiding 

On 04/03/2018 at 19:14, The Godfather said:

We HAVE to win, can't drop points to this pish again if we have any serious ambitions of trophies. 

We will win, don't worry.

Ever get the impression we are setting ourselves up for one all mighty fall? Worries me anytime I'm confident going into these games, normally ends in disaster from past experience.

We need to turn up on Sunday and straight from the off. One thing I would say is if we were to concede first we've got goals all over the park now whereas previously it was game over.

Archived