Clarke v Murty

TMB

8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If he had us unable to beat the sheep over 210 minutes and penalities we'd rightfully want his head on a stick. 

He was able to beat celtic which is more we've done for a few years now.  If he did that for us he'd be a hero.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was able to beat celtic which is more we've done for a few years now.  If he did that for us he'd be a hero.

1 game he'd be a hero? I doubt that very much.

He's doing well the now that's undeniable, but it will never last. 

He doesn't have what it takes to manage us. 

Thankfully even if our board were retarded enough to offer him he'd turn us down.

Certainly got the better of Murty today .

He had a solid , organised  defence that , iirc , were only threatened by that late Martin header off the bar .They also had less of the ball but threatened more with their direct attacks . 

We on the other hand , had plenty of the ball but always on the periphery of things , with no guile on how to break it down . . . . . again . The trouble is , with no penetration you're also going to be on the periphery when it comes to handing out the prizes at the end of the season . 

29 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

1 game he'd be a hero? I doubt that very much.

He's doing well the now that's undeniable, but it will never last. 

He doesn't have what it takes to manage us. 

Thankfully even if our board were retarded enough to offer him he'd turn us down.

Yes, if Clarke took over Rangers and we beat celtic he'd be viewed as a hero.  If you doubt that then you've somehow missed the mass hysteria that comes straight after every other Old firm win.

Hopefully the board see the merit in appointing an actual manager as opposed to a youth coach and offer Clarke the job.  I think Clarke would take the job if offered and he's be a big improvement over what we have now.

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Stewart Robertson when he said there wasn't a better candidate out there.

He still thinks he's at Motherwell and thinks we will accept mediocrity as do a lot of our supporters who backed this crazy board decision.

Just now, Smile said:

He still thinks he's at Motherwell we will accept mediocrity as do a lot of our supporters who backed this crazy board decision.

And he got a raise recently! 

I don't have the confidence in them to find a suitable replacement.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clarke can set a team up defensively, make them difficult to beat and play on the counter.

I didn't see any Reading games but West Brom were a well drilled unit under him that played in neat triangles yet lacked creativity or individual flair.

I think he probably would put up a strong challenge to celtic and Rodgers, but I'm not sure I could get behind his brand of football. As a comparison, if I was a fan of one of the big clubs in England I'd take Guardiola, Klopp or Pochettino all day before I'd take Clarke's mentor Mourinho.

Winning's a must at Rangers, but the silk is as important to the steel for me.

That is an absolute pile of shite, I'll take 55 by any means possible. 38 1-0 wins would do me fine. The bheasts are cantering to their 7th consecutive title and we look as far away from challenging them as ever. Playing style comes way down the priority list after winning titles as far as I'm concerned. 

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, if Clarke took over Rangers and we beat celtic he'd be viewed as a hero.  If you doubt that then you've somehow missed the mass hysteria that comes straight after every other Old firm win.

Hopefully the board see the merit in appointing an actual manager as opposed to a youth coach and offer Clarke the job.  I think Clarke would take the job if offered and he's be a big improvement over what we have now.

He's an improvement yes and I reckon the board are clueless enough (and won't bother their arse looking elsewhere) they probably will offer him it. 

But there's no way he takes it.

And if you think he'd be a hero for one sole win over them, that's a real shame, hysteria post game or not.

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And he got a raise recently! 

I don't have the confidence in them to find a suitable replacement.

You get a Raise or a bumper contract at Rangers nowadays just for turning up we used to give Bonuses/wageraise/bumper contracts to winners now we just hand them out for being here. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Forget Murty.

We want the best for Rangers, whoever that may be.

The best is currently and, by a long way, Clarke.

He might say no but, for fucks sake, we at least have to ask the question.

Em, the lemmon's record is better. To fourth place in bringing the  spoonburners up from the championship on pennies. If we are tallking manager and doing taig' why would we settle for the third best piece of scum in the land?!

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Em, the lemmon's record is better. To fourth place in bringing the  spoonburners up from the championship on pennies. If we are tallking manager and doing taig' why would we settle for the third best piece of scum in the land?!

Clarke is a Killie fan I thought?

Just now, DBBTB said:

So did Craig Levein. Should we be thinking about bringing him in too?

The guy I was responding too initially wrote "If he had us unable to beat the sheep over 210 minutes and penalities we'd rightfully want his head on a stick".  Surely you can see the flawed logic in ignoring Clarke's overall success since taking over Kilmarnock and looking at two results in isolation?  I simply responded in kind by looking at his victory over celtic in isolation and stating it's the type of result we've been wanting for almost two years now.

No, I wouldn't want Craig Levein anywhere near the job because Steve Clarke is a heck of a lot better.  I want the best manager possible in charge of Rangers and Clarke has been the best manager in Scotland this season.

2 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

That is an absolute pile of shite, I'll take 55 by any means possible. 38 1-0 wins would do me fine. The bheasts are cantering to their 7th consecutive title and we look as far away from challenging them as ever. Playing style comes way down the priority list after winning titles as far as I'm concerned. 

This

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The guy I was responding too initially wrote "If he had us unable to beat the sheep over 210 minutes and penalities we'd rightfully want his head on a stick".  Surely you can see the flawed logic in ignoring Clarke's overall success since taking over Kilmarnock and looking at two results in isolation?  I simply responded in kind by looking at his victory over celtic in isolation and stating it's the type of result we've been wanting for almost two years now.

No, I wouldn't want Craig Levein anywhere near the job because Steve Clarke is a heck of a lot better.  I want the best manager possible in charge of Rangers and Clarke has been the best manager in Scotland this season..

League position at the end of the season doesn't lie, so we will have to wait and see. Thus far if you count Brenda he's the top taig, followed by the lemon. Can't see why we settle for the third best if it remains same.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

League position at the end of the season doesn't lie, so we will have to wait and see. Thus far if you count Brenda he's the top taig, followed by the lemon. Can't see why we settle for the third best if it remains same.

Brenda's won the league because he has the cash to buy the best player assets.  Kilmarnock may never win the league but the job Clarke's done on a shoestring budget has been admiral.  Kilmarnock have significantly improved under Clarke whereas celtic's performance levels had dropped quite a bit since last season.  I do think Clarke will win Manger of the year here in Scotland and he deserves it.

Also, Lennon's point/game ratio is 1.73.  Clarke's point/game ration is 1.95 which is the second highest in the league behind celtic.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The last two teams who came up (Hearts and Rangers) both finished third in the top tier, Hibs will finish no better than fourth or possibly fifth 

33 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No, I wouldn't want Craig Levein anywhere near the job because Steve Clarke is a heck of a lot better.  I want the best manager possible in charge of Rangers and Clarke has been the best manager in Scotland this season.

Clarke’s done a good job with Killie, only a fool would suggest otherwise, but I also think this constant fawning over him from some people is completely over the the top too. I’ve said it a few times this week but IMO, he’s just the latest SPFL flavour of the week like McInnes and Wright have been over the past couple of seasons.

When talking about their success people always say he’s had limited resources but they fail to mention that he’s got a borderline Premier League quality midfielder in Mulumbu and a player who Aston Villa paid a reported five million for eighteen months ago in Tshibola in midfield.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He didn't bring them up on pennies in comparison with his rivals.