On a quiet international weekend

2 hours ago, markem said:

‘We have consistently urged supporters to show respect and not to chant songs that could be regarded as insulting to others - particularly from a religious or political perspective.’ 

Thats what the FA said at the time and a lot of the media coverage carried the tone of anti IRA singing could be offensive too many.  

Much of the media followed the tone of it being wrong to upset IRA supporters.

Astonishing doesn’t do it justice.  

"History is written by the victor" unless you're the IRA!

On 25/03/2018 at 10:39, markem said:

‘We have consistently urged supporters to show respect and not to chant songs that could be regarded as insulting to others - particularly from a religious or political perspective.’ 

Thats what the FA said at the time and a lot of the media coverage carried the tone of anti IRA singing could be offensive too many.  

Much of the media followed the tone of it being wrong to upset IRA supporters.

Astonishing doesn’t do it justice.  

Unfortunately the Irish seem to have swept the fact that the IRA were murdering terrorist scum under the carpet and re branded them as just a part of Irish culture and history and were such soft bastards we’ve just gone along with it and won’t say anything in case we offend them. I honestly cannot believe how many ordinary Irish people support the IRA, go into any Irish pub down here and you’ll hear IRA songs playing on the jukebox and we just allow it, imagine if that was Muslims playing songs glorifying ISIS? They’d be locked up! Yet somehow the Irish republicans have rewritten history and not just made it acceptable to support them but made it so we bloody apologise for being anti Ira as if it somehow equates to being anti Irish! This country sickens me sometimes!

Also as an English man living in England I can say without doubt no matter what the taigs try to say the vast majority of football fans down here support Rangers or at least have a soft spot for us and despise the taigs. The only ones who prefer celtic are the plastic paddy’s who believe they’re somehow Irish because their granddads brother once went to Dublin and had a pint of Guinness!

Many people down here don't regard themselves as English; in any case, I've lived and worked in many locations in Southern Britain but have always regarded England as the (sporting) enemy. I've known plenty of non-English Brits who have a similar attitude. 'Bizarre' my arse. 

15 hours ago, Briton said:

Many people down here don't regard themselves as English; in any case, I've lived and worked in many locations in Southern Britain but have always regarded England as the (sporting) enemy. I've known plenty of non-English Brits who have a similar attitude. 'Bizarre' my arse. 

So as my point was if you hate England so much as in your quote "fuck England" why do you live/work there if you hate it/ us so much? And as someone who is southern English most of the above post is bollocks!! (apart from the Cornish not English bit and that is a very small minority)

It is not bollocks at all.  Most non English Brits I know consider England the enemy when it comes to sport and I wouldn't describe those who consider themselves Cornish not English a 'very small minority' either.  Depends where you are and of course there's a lot of English people who have moved into the little land beyond England. 

I live and work where I want to. I absolutely despise Saudi and it's culture but I have worked there.  I didn't say I hate England, although there's a lot about their culture I hate, that's a phrase you were triggered into using. I'm talking about sport and if people come on here posting videos of Engerland supporters I will say fuck them.

1 hour ago, Briton said:

It is not bollocks at all.  Most non English Brits I know consider England the enemy when it comes to sport and I wouldn't describe those who consider themselves Cornish not English a 'very small minority' either.  Depends where you are and of course there's a lot of English people who have moved into the little land beyond England. 

I live and work where I want to. I absolutely despise Saudi and it's culture but I have worked there.  I didn't say I hate England, although there's a lot about their culture I hate, that's a phrase you were triggered into using. I'm talking about sport and if people come on here posting videos of Engerland supporters I will say fuck them.

So what you're saying is you're a racist.

1 hour ago, Briton said:

What do you hate about their culture? Be careful here when you answer.