On a quiet international weekend

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hoping they win the World Cup.

Me too. A GRUY to the Russian state and would show the snp followers what can be achieved by coming together as a nation instead of obsessing about separatism. 

SNP voters no doubt blame our national team's shite performances on the Tories right enough.

30 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I find more identification with the average England fan than I do the average tartan army follower.

Have dealt with a few people online through certain things and most of them prefer us than them, will get a wee reminder or email of good luck whenever we play them. And they refer to them the same way we do, they hate them for all the same reasons, you wouldnt think it the way the press go on about them as if they are magnificent.

Most teams down south will have a good loyalist section within them, if some of our fans up here don't like that, well so be it.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I find more identification with the average England fan than I do the average tartan army follower.

Lived in England for Thirty years mate before moving back to Scotland for family reasons and most English people I knew always wanted Scotland to do well unless they were actually playing against England and couldn't understand why Scotland fans hated England so much, Me personally, I wouldn't watch Scotland I if they were playing across the road and it was free to get in.

‘We have consistently urged supporters to show respect and not to chant songs that could be regarded as insulting to others - particularly from a religious or political perspective.’ 

Thats what the FA said at the time and a lot of the media coverage carried the tone of anti IRA singing could be offensive too many.  

Much of the media followed the tone of it being wrong to upset IRA supporters.

Astonishing doesn’t do it justice.  

I've never felt so apathetic about international football as I do these days.  Even World Cups pass me by with little interest although I do like to see the USA do well in Canada's absence.  I don't even knew most of the Scottish players but note their poor results.  Has it had it's day?  Perhaps.

2 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've never felt so apathetic about international football as I do these days.  Even World Cups pass me by with little interest although I do like to see the USA do well in Canada's absence.  I don't even knew most of the Scottish players but note their poor results.  Has it had it's day?  Perhaps.

I still enjoy the world cup and euros but I think it's mostly due to the absence of domestic football. Plus it's the perfect excuse to sit in the boozer every night of the week. 

Qualifiers and friendlies can get so far to fuck though. 

Even though I can’t stand the charity matches, is there a chance our “legends” match yesterday had more there than the Scotland game? For that reason alone if true then I’d change my mind on charity matches just this once :lol: 

59 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Even though I can’t stand the charity matches, is there a chance our “legends” match yesterday had more there than the Scotland game? For that reason alone if true then I’d change my mind on charity matches just this once :lol: 

Highly doubt it tbh.