McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

In fairness, we’ve got a bit more clarity about who the manager SHOULDN’T be.....

Yes I suppose that is true mate,  I am jus a little concerned that our board decide to keep Murty (who IMO has been made a scapegoat) in place but surely they are not that stupid. :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I suppose that is true mate,  I am jus a little concerned that our board decide to keep Murty (who IMO has been made a scapegoat) in place but surely they are not that stupid. :unsure:

Don’t think there is any chance of Murty getting it now and he has been made a scapegoat ST forms are due out in a few weeks (I think ?) so you would think an announcement would come out near then. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Same here, mate - but I wouldn’t put anything past them!

Here’s one to ponder - much has been made of winning the semi, then cup, not getting battered at the Sty, etc. to keep Murty in the job.

Just suppose we get absolutely gubbed in the semi yet, by some fluke, win by an odd goal.

Same again in the final, so we win the cup.

Two shocking performances, but two wonderful results - should we still be thinking about keeping Murty?

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Here’s one to ponder - much has been made of winning the semi, then cup, not getting battered at the Sty, etc. to keep Murty in the job.

Just suppose we get absolutely gubbed in the semi yet, by some fluke, win by an odd goal.

Two shocking performances, but two wonderful results - should we still be thinking about keeping Murty?

Naw! We've seen enough imo to know he's not the man. He'd be forever remembered fondly, I think he will be regardless of how the season finishes, but he's had his chance, he's blew it, time to move on. 

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Naw! We've seen enough imo to know he's not the man. He'd be forever remembered fondly, I think he will be regardless of how the season finishes, but he's had his chance, he's blew it, time to move on. 

?That’s how I’d see it, too.

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Don’t think there is any chance of Murty getting it now and he has been made a scapegoat ST forms are due out in a few weeks (I think ?) so you would think an announcement would come out near then. 

That makes sense to me mate, I just hope the board are thinking the same. 

10 hours ago, HG5 said:

Not sure I want to ponder that scenario at the moment mate :depressed: but nothing would surprise me with our board and appointing managers. 

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

Agreed however beat them in the semi and be favourites to win the cup i wouldn’t be surprised if the board took that as fair reason to give him the job. 

17 minutes ago, markem said:

Agreed however beat them in the semi and be favourites to win the cup i wouldn’t be surprised if the board took that as fair reason to give him the job. 

Even a Scottish cup win shouldn't be enough to keep Murty in the job now. But it would not surprise if the board did use this to justify keeping Murty for another season.

It should be purely based on his league form and it's no where near good enough. He's overseen the worst run at ibrox since 1915. His inexperience and inability to make vital changes have cost too many points. I would only expect to see more of the same if he's left in charge.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Even a Scottish cup win shouldn't be enough to keep Murty in the job now. But it would not surprise if the board did use this to justify keeping Murty for another season.

It should be purely based on his league form and it's no where near good enough. He's overseen the worst run at ibrox since 1915. His inexperience and inability to make vital changes have cost too many points. I would only expect to see more of the same if he's left in charge.

Yup, agreed. 

It’s unacceptable that our Manager role should be utilised as an apprenticeship.  

32 minutes ago, markem said:

Yup, agreed. 

It’s unacceptable that our Manager role should be utilised as an apprenticeship.  

It is our board's complete incompetence that's left us in this situation. First by appointing Pedro and then messing up the hunt for a replacement.

Murty is just a scapegoat being used by the board to deflect from there failings.

King and Co surely know boycotts are just round the corner, if they don't fix this situation and get an experienced manager in with the budget to really  challenge for the title.

Don't see us doing 3 managers in the one season.  We can still take something from this season, even with Murty. End of season, new manager in, players out players in. I hope for a better platform again and some progress. Players need to improve their performances . They have no excuse for their inconsistency. It's not Murty who sells goals and misses chances. It's the same players who hit the highs and then fall below par.

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It is our board's complete incompetence that's left us in this situation. First by appointing Pedro and then messing up the hunt for a replacement.

Murty is just a scapegoat being used by the board to deflect from there failings.

King and Co surely know boycotts are just round the corner, if they don't fix this situation and get an experienced manager in with the budget to really  challenge for the title.

Agree around their incompetence mate and the very same persons will appoint the next person. 

Shudder. 

17 minutes ago, markem said:

Agree around their incompetence mate and the very same persons will appoint the next person. 

Shudder. 

We can only hope that Allan has big involvement on the next manager.

If it is the same clowns who picked Pedro. It scares the hell out of me who they would pick next.

9 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Don’t kid yourself. They need someone at the point of the renewal letters going out ie in 2-3 weeks time. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement of a new manager before the renewal.

But it will likely be with the provision he doesn't take over until the summer leaving Murty in till season end.

13 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Don’t kid yourself. They need someone at the point of the renewal letters going out ie in 2-3 weeks time. 

Do we even know at this point who would make the call? King who could own a sizeable chunk of us in a few weeks, the rest of the board here or all together.

i don’t see anything happening unless they really want to push Murty and have one of the other guys step into the void until the end of the season.