How many touches is needed for an open goal

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So we just get shot of every young striker that misses sitters. 

If that’s the case then forget about any young striker breaking through at Rangers. 

No we bench him in games he's not scoring and give another striker a chance.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s fine then, don’t bother with young strikers just buy experienced players for that position. 

:lol: 

It's not experience why he's missing these chances it's because he's a dreadful finisher.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fine then, when Cummings misses chances we can bench him as well and bring Herrera on. 

You don't keep playing a striker missing chances I'm sure he's not scored in about 19 league games this season and against the top six his records not great. 

We have to stop kidding ourselves on this boys not turning into Aguero he's still just a young player with potential, people get carried away on here a bit.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

You don't keep playing a striker missing chances I'm sure he's not scored in about 19 league games this season and against the top six his records not great. 

We have to stop kidding ourselves on this boys not turning into Aguero he's still just a young player with potential, people get carried away on here a bit.

Nobody is saying he’s the next Aguero, but he’s the best striker we have at the club. He’s a young lad carrying the whole front line load by himself in a struggling team. 

For his own good he should’ve left and found a more stable club with a proper manager that can improve him. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Bollocks mate, all young strikers struggle with consistency and their finishing. 

Sit him on the bench then and let Cummings have a go. 

I would 100% have Cummings as our forward between now and the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nobody is saying he’s the next Aguero, but he’s the best striker we have at the club. He’s a young lad carrying the whole front line load by himself in a struggling team. 

For his own good he should’ve left and found a more stable club with a proper manager that can improve him. 

He's not really been inform for a while now his workrate good but his finishing is comical.

19 hours ago, Kilsyth_Bear86 said:

someone said to me after 3-2 game that mccoist missed chances like that, absolute nonsense. He was panicking if he lashed at it he would miss a ''sitter'' again and looked even more pathetic by taking unnecessary touches .  

McCoist did occasionally have a bad miss but he was 100 times the striker Morelos is. 

He was unlucky with the header, outjumped their two 6ft+ numpties after a great cross from Tav. 

He's one of the few quality players we have and at the right age, he just needs to get his confidence back in front of goal.

I'd like to see him and Cummings together for a few games.

19 hours ago, Kilsyth_Bear86 said:

someone said to me after 3-2 game that mccoist missed chances like that, absolute nonsense. He was panicking if he lashed at it he would miss a ''sitter'' again and looked even more pathetic by taking unnecessary touches .  

You want to check out a young Ally McCoist’s miss against Inter Milan away in 1984.  Embarrassing is not the word for it.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree his finishing has been poor, he seems to put far too much pressure on himself and let’s things get to him far too much as well. 

Funnily enough, Windass has been on better form goal wise I can see why Morelos played though as he works hard.

19 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

He was poor because he was totally isolated and had zero service.

He had the exact same service and suffered the same isolation as Morelos has for most for the season.  The only difference is that Morelos has the physique to battle up there on his own.  If your going to play Cummings, you need to play him off another striker who can provide a physical presence.  That requires a change of formation and that requires a change of manager.

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would tell him to go away on holiday and don’t come back until the start of preseason, give him a good rest. 

Which is a good point. Hasn't be played continuously for over a whole year without a break? I'm sure he signed at the end up their season and went straight into our team. 

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would tell him to go away on holiday and don’t come back until the start of preseason, give him a good rest. 

If Murty had been a decent manager, he would have sent him off home for a three week break after the last OF game.  Instead, he put him on the bench for the Kilmarnock game, effectively dropping him in favour of Cummings.  So having lost a bit of confidence after his miss the previous week, Murty decides to undermine him further.