How many touches is needed for an open goal

Morelos on his own isn't the problem, only a part of it.

We need to start waking up to the fact that the overall standard of this squad is nowhere near good enough to mount a challenge. Fans calling for pensioner Miller to turn it around shows exactly the shit we are really in.

The scum were crusing. Never got out of first gear and simply took the piss from beginning to end. We have not one player who could get near that team. Take Dembele. Was he bursting his erse all over the park? Course he wasn't, because he has the vision and the skill to be in the right place, glide past players and to bury what comes his way. His natural ability did shine through. He fucking strolled it, as did all the others.

Then on our side, we have Morelos chasing down lost causes, snapping at cunts heels, getting absolutely fucking nowhere and when that one glaring chance comes along he fluffed it, again! Spot the fucking difference.

Anybody thinking Morelos is it,or ever will be, needs to up the fucking meds. It's fucking obvious to a blind man the natural ability isn't there, along with the rest of the fucking squad.

But heh, let's keep sleep walking to oblivion and bumming up players to what they are not and never will be. Every last one of this squad could go and none would be missed as there is not a title winning player among them.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye that’s the soul problems. ????

Hilarious. No, it’s not the sole problem, but it’s definitely a problem. In a game like that, there should always be the vague chance of sneaking a goal and getting back into it. Having a lone striker who can’t score an open goal removes that chance.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Sorry but I think that is ridiculous, the boy cannot be faulted for lack of effort imo.

Respect your opinion but this sulking back ten yards behind everyone else with the petted lip won't do, it's a part of his game he needs to sort out imo. 

48 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Hilarious. No, it’s not the sole problem, but it’s definitely a problem. In a game like that, there should always be the vague chance of sneaking a goal and getting back into it. Having a lone striker who can’t score an open goal removes that chance.

?? aye Mo is the problem. 

So is Gordon a cunt as well when he throws a hand in the direction. 

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

McCoist might have missed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 or so chances/sitters Morelos has had against them, because he did miss a fair number of chances.

He'd still have come away with 3 goals though, and that's the difference.

I said to my lad at the start of the season that If AM played 10 times against them, he wouldn’t score.

I relented a bit & changed it to he’d be lucky to get more than one.

I’m 40% on the way to being proved correct (not that I want to be!) & today just provides further proof that he hasn’t got it for the big games.

And the chances he’s missing get easier!

Gordon fell over leaving an open goal - he could have hit it anywhere else & scored!

Lone player up front against a vastly better organised defence and midfield who have permission from referees to put the boot in without retribution. 

Bullied every game he plays against them, playing in front of a midfield who don't give him the through balls he would thrive on, and left to run the full 90 minutes on his own. 

I think there's a very good player in there, once he starts scoring again, maybe needs to muscle out a wee bit more, but I'd like to see him with a decent strike partner to get his confidence up.

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I said to my lad at the start of the season that If AM played 10 times against them, he wouldn’t score.

I relented a bit & changed it to he’d be lucky to get more than one.

I’m 40% on the way to being proved correct (not that I want to be!) & today just provides further proof that he hasn’t got it for the big games.

And the chances he’s missing get easier!

Gordon fell over leaving an open goal - he could have hit it anywhere else & scored!

He has very little natural ability. The lttle bit he has got, has been coached into him He is not the most fluent of players, but his one positive is that he does get stuck in at times, but so could my dug. He is not what we need, but he's far from being alone in that. Put him in a Hertz jersey, would he be a stand out? Never in a month of and he would be well in the shadow of Lafferty and he's not all that. We'll be lucky to get ten bob for him at this rate.

We have lost sight of what a quality player looks like.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

He has very little natural ability. The lttle bit he has got, has been coached into him He is not the most fluent of players, but his one positive is that he does get stuck in at times, but so could my dug. He is not what we need, but he's far from being alone in that. Put him in a Hertz jersey, would he be a stand out? Never in a month of and he would be well in the shadow of Lafferty and he's not all that. We'll be lucky to get ten bob for him at this rate.

We have lost sight of what a quality player looks like.

Yup - ok against the lower end, that’s about it.

Yet he thinks he’s cut out for the premiership.

I gather he was originally a midfielder - must have been pretty ropey at that!

I keep seeing zero’s falling off his price tag every time I set eyes on him.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

McCoist might have missed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 or so chances/sitters Morelos has had against them, because he did miss a fair number of chances.

He'd still have come away with 3 goals though, and that's the difference.

And there lies the difference. Ally scored but this clown couldnae hit a barn door from 10 paces. A complete disgrace.

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Lone player up front against a vastly better organised defence and midfield who have permission from referees to put the boot in without retribution. 

Bullied every game he plays against them, playing in front of a midfield who don't give him the through balls he would thrive on, and left to run the full 90 minutes on his own. 

I think there's a very good player in there, once he starts scoring again, maybe needs to muscle out a wee bit more, but I'd like to see him with a decent strike partner to get his confidence up.

He neither has the mentality nor ability to be a reliable and quality striker.

As for a partner, that'll be Windass. Add a bit of extra muscle for him. Sure to thrive.

Both are fucking donkeys and the sooner we realise that not one of our players are up to the standard to win this league the better for all, as only further bitter disappointment looms. 

Only this board can change our fortunes, not Morelos nor any player individually or collectively, they are that bad, so it aint hapenning.

We have learned nothing on our journey back.

Wish I was 20yrs younger and on the pitch.  Ok not as good a footballer as some wearing blue today but I would have run until I dropped and broon would have been well and truly sorted. They would have had to carry me off the pitch at the end.   I am sure many others feel the same, we would have fought like fuck and given or all for the badge.  We are up shit creek until we get 11 capable players with the same attitude, backed by a manager who motivates, inspires and has the tactical acumen needed,  backed by the board that stands up against those that want to see the end of our club and has the inspiration to take us to 55.  Fuckin’ fuming.

lb

3 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

One of the least instinctive finishers I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. Constantly offside, shite first touch. Garbage.

For me he's no better than Waghorn, similar finishing style of either blast it and hope or embarrassing sclaff.

8 minutes ago, will2203 said:

And there lies the difference. Ally scored but this clown couldnae hit a barn door from 10 paces. A complete disgrace.

Can't believe he's mentioned with McCoist in the same breath.

Sure Ally missed a few, but scored a fucking barrow load. Was watching a few old DVD's and tbh, McCoist was also a better footballer than we give him credit for. I know he's renowned for his poaching ability, but watching reruns of him gliding past players and ramming it in the net.

Fucking strikers these days couldn't lace his boots and I rated Hateley much higher than McCoist.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Morelos was the only player today to show any dig.  A thankless task up front on his own with nobody giving him any back-up.  It isn't just today, it's every game.  Our tactics are abysmal.   

we have a youth coach (thanks board) instructing players to play the way he would play a u-17 team, Murty has to go and take the board with him. 

15 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Any other day he scores a couple. 

Gordon has one of those games and Mo is the clubs reason for failing. 

It's not any other day he scores a couple though is it? Him missing sitters isn't exactly rare.

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

It's not any other day he scores a couple though is it? Him missing sitters isn't exactly rare.

So we just get shot of every young striker that misses sitters. 

If that’s the case then forget about any young striker breaking through at Rangers. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So we just get shot of every young striker that misses sitters. 

If that’s the case then forget about any young striker breaking through at Rangers. 

You shouldn't be Rangers main striker if you are missing sitters in every big game, it's not good enough.