How many touches is needed for an open goal

1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

Would be papering over the cracks. Could take the last sitter to some extent as he gave us something.  Today he was fucking abysmal and the good will has gone. 

Let’s have Cummings running 20 minutes behind the goal and bring on holt 

1 minute ago, Kilsyth_Bear86 said:

someone said to me after 3-2 game that mccoist missed chances like that, absolute nonsense. He was panicking if he lashed at it he would miss a ''sitter'' again and looked even more pathetic by taking unnecessary touches .  

McCoist missed plenty of sitters when he first signed.

3 minutes ago, Kilsyth_Bear86 said:

someone said to me after 3-2 game that mccoist missed chances like that, absolute nonsense. He was panicking if he lashed at it he would miss a ''sitter'' again and looked even more pathetic by taking unnecessary touches .  

McCoist might have missed 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 or so chances/sitters Morelos has had against them, because he did miss a fair number of chances.

He'd still have come away with 3 goals though, and that's the difference.

Got to give Cummings a run of games now to show what he can do before we make a decision on him in the summer. Take whatever we can get in the summer for Morelos he’s no where near good enough, the sitters he’s missed in the last three games against them are inexcusable.

On todays performance, Morelos is the least of our problems.  The boy ran himself into the ground with little if any back up and at least tried to compete with them physically.  He was unlucky with his header imo and although he should have scored the one after that.  However, it really is papering over the cracks in our team if you think him missing that chance would have had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

We should've bitten that Chinese clubs hand off if the rumours of £10m up front were to be believed.  It's not okay for Morelos to miss sitters during the big games because he leads the line well.  If we wanted someone who can lead the line but not finish we should've kept Waghorn and stuck him up top.

Cummings is a better finisher and I have to believe he would've taken some of the chances Morelos has squandered during the previous three Old firm encounters.  Someone on here said Morelos is the best striker we've had since Jelavic.  Jelavic never missed open goals!

I am a fan of his but today was the final straw,he has to be dropped to the u20"s and see if he can find his scoring again.I was watching the Crystal palace game last week and the commentator said that Benteke has had 22 good chances where he was reasonably expected to score and he has only took 2 of them.Thats from an experienced striker whose had a few quid spent on him in transfer fees.

6 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Got to give Cummings a run of games now to show what he can do before we make a decision on him in the summer. Take whatever we can get in the summer for Morelos he’s no where near good enough, the sitters he’s missed in the last three games against them are inexcusable.

cummings is shite. and naw, my hot tub time machine is not for sale. you don't need it. common sense would tell you he's shit. he cant get a game for a championship team. thats what we've become. 

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

McCoist missed plenty of sitters when he first signed.

Sorry, but Morelos isn't and never will be a McCoist. Different type of player entirely, but that aside, Morelos is a fucking donkey, as he's proved too often now. We'll be lucky to ever move him on. He's becoming such a fucking enbarassment between his lack of technical ability and his petulance.