How many touches is needed for an open goal

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Morelos was the only player today to show any dig.  A thankless task up front on his own with nobody giving him any back-up.  It isn't just today, it's every game.  Our tactics are abysmal.   

Sorry, that old shite is no longer washing. He's fucking embarassing. 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Sorry, but Morelos isn't and never will be a McCoist. Different type of player entirely, but that aside, Morelos is a fucking donkey, as he's proved too often now. We'll be lucky to ever move him on. He's becoming such a fucking enbarassment between his lack of technical ability and his petulance. 

My point was about missed chances and McCoist missed plenty particularly when he first came.   Our own fans singing  "Ally Ally get to ....."  wasn't just my imagination at the time.

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Morelos was the only player today to show any dig.  A thankless task up front on his own with nobody giving him any back-up.  It isn't just today, it's every game.  Our tactics are abysmal.   

Yeah, if only he’d had a chance I’m sure he’d have put it away... oh wait

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Morelos 21 years old in first season with us has scored 13 goals in 30 league games.

McCoist at same age in his first season got 8 goals in 30 games.

when Morelos  scores 396 goals for us then I will agree with you. It will never happen

10 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

On todays performance, Morelos is the least of our problems.  The boy ran himself into the ground with little if any back up and at least tried to compete with them physically.  He was unlucky with his header imo and although he should have scored the one after that.  However, it really is papering over the cracks in our team if you think him missing that chance would have had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

This post sums it up.

He is so, so isolated all the time. One I definitely think would benefit from a better manager, although his finishing has been appalling and i don't think that would be changed by a better manager.

Decent player with some frustrating weaknesses.

Yep its definitely time up for him, he has something about him, but nowhere near whats required. Its obvious now the poor finishing is not something that can be corrected, its not something that comes natural to him. Get him out in the.summer.

I felt at least Morelos was trying. 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The board are at fault for the Murty debacle.

Whoever knocked back that bid for Morelos should be doused in petrol.

Cummings and Windass should play up front for rest of season.

I wouldnt give windass the reek off my shite. 

Plays with his head down hence not hitting it first time and is also a greedy selfish twat who would rather go for glory knowing he will miss than pass to a team mate with an open goal.

if the reports were true about the numbers, I reckon they were bullshit, whoever declined them should be out the club ASAP! Hardie should be given a chance as he’d have scored his last few misses!!

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

when Morelos  scores 396 goals for us then I will agree with you. It will never happen

Throughout his career, Ally almost always had a big strong target man to play of off.  Cummings is similar, he needs to have a partner that can take the weight of him.  Morelos is the only forward we have that can lead the line on his own, albeit he misses more than he should.  

The thing that consoles me to some extent is that he actually gets these chances. If you look at Boyd for example, he was lethal until it came to games against celtic. With Boyd he rarely ever got into a position where he threatened to score a goal against them. Morelos is getting these chances and I think because of the misses in the last two games prior to this one it's weighing on him.

Maybe he'll never be good enough to bag the goals against them, maybe he will, but he's given their defense a torrid time at least twice this season and should have bagged a goal by now. He's a young player and I think there's room for him to grow.

All that being said he should have scored today and it was a pathetic miss.

4 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Won't give up on him just yet, but a striker is there to score goals, yes he misses more than he scores and is a lazy cunt frequently but I think there is a player In there, needs proper coaching and needs to lose the petulant streak. 

Slag the boy of for missing chances ok but to describe him as lazy is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

The thing that consoles me to some extent is that he actually gets these chances. If you look at Boyd for example, he was lethal until it came to games against celtic. With Boyd he rarely ever got into a position where he threatened to score a goal against them. Morelos is getting these chances and I think because of the misses in the last two games prior to this one it's weighing on him.

Maybe he'll never be good enough to bag the goals against them, maybe he will, but he's given their defense a torrid time at least twice this season and should have bagged a goal by now. He's a young player and I think there's room for him to grow.

All that being said he should have scored today and it was a pathetic miss.

Oh yeah, they’ll be struggling to sleep again tonight 

2 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Throughout his career, Ally almost always had a big strong target man to play of off.  Cummings is similar, he needs to have a partner that can take the weight of him.  Morelos is the only forward we have that can lead the line on his own, albeit he misses more than he should.  

I will agree with that. One up front does not work. I often wonder who is actually making the team selection?