Is FDB the right choice?

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He does change his tactics I’ve been on Ajax forums and that’s one thing they said that he will change his formation if not working.

everyone seems to have this idea that fdb plays this tippy tappy 433 formation but his teams were hard to beat and had the best defensive record in the Dutch league.

After watching that yesterday we would be lucky to get someone like fdb

Aye, lucky Crystal Palace.

2 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Aye, lucky Crystal Palace.

I judge someone on 4 years not 4 games.

aye why dont we mention palace but disregard the 4 titles he won Holland.

we should be begging de boer to take over but knowing our board we will end up with Alex Neil.

47 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Even Alex Feguson had his managerial failures, and I  honestly think you learn more from failures than successes. Hopefully FDB is even more motivated after what happened at Palace

If you learn from failures, then Murty must be fucking Einstein by now?

I’d rather have Clarke but De Boer if we have him enough cash would send out a statement 

He was set up to fail at both Inter and Palace, Inter hired him if I remember right just a couple of weeks before the beginning of the season giving him no time to prepare with a team that wasn’t his own at a club who’ve been an absolute mess recently.

At Palace he was given virtually no money to sign players and had Zaha injured for all of his tenure. He actually tried shifting Palace to a more solid formation towards the end of his time but it was too little too late. As soon as Hodgson got there, Zaha came back and results improved.

At least De Boer knows what it means to be at our club and we’d likely get his brother in as a coach, performances like yesterday’s wouldn’t be accepted.

55 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

we should be begging de boer to take over but knowing our board we will end up with Alex Neil.

Here's never thinking that they were the beggars.

6 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Footballing philosophies are ok if you have a banks full of cash and can afford the best players to suit the style.

Warburton would be great with a Saudi bank account to plunder......

We need to do what Souness and Smith perfected - build from the back and through the spine of the team with guys that can pass and fight, add a sprinkling of Laudrup and Gascoine here and there and off you go.

That starting 11 that destroyed us yesterday was full of free transfers, end of contract signings and academy graduates, only Brown and Ntcham were big money signings.

The difference yesterday was not how much money was spent, the difference was we were lacking a manager with any ability and a background team who aren't much better.

Boyd picked up on it at half time, their subs doing proper warm ups and drills, our subs just aimlessly kicking balls about.

We had a corner in the first half and I counted 4 blue shirts in the box, FOUR !!  About 5 minutes later we had another corner and we only had THREE in the box.

That has nothing to do with lack of money, that is down to bad management, poor preparation and lack of leadership from the dugout.

7 minutes ago, port_bear said:

That starting 11 that destroyed us yesterday was full of free transfers, end of contract signings and academy graduates, only Brown and Ntcham were big money signings.

The difference yesterday was not how much money was spent, the difference was we were lacking a manager with any ability and a background team who aren't much better.

Boyd picked up on it at half time, their subs doing proper warm ups and drills, our subs just aimlessly kicking balls about.

We had a corner in the first half and I counted 4 blue shirts in the box, FOUR !!  About 5 minutes later we had another corner and we only had THREE in the box.

That has nothing to do with lack of money, that is down to bad management, poor preparation and lack of leadership from the dugout.

Aye they get Dembele and we get Rossiter on cross border deals....sums us up

6 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Footballing philosophies are ok if you have a banks full of cash and can afford the best players to suit the style.

Warburton would be great with a Saudi bank account to plunder......

We need to do what Souness and Smith perfected - build from the back and through the spine of the team with guys that can pass and fight, add a sprinkling of Laudrup and Gascoine here and there and off you go.

22 minutes ago, port_bear said:

Your both right here. We need a manager that can get the best out of his squad and we need to build from the back and get a spine in the team.

I do think we need investment still but it needs to be spent wisely. The amount of garbage we have brought in for big money  is shocking. 

This is where our scouts need to come in and identify talent available and able to contribute to the team right away.

We need a GK, CB, CM and CF to form the spine of the team.

35 minutes ago, port_bear said:

It's nothing to do with that.  It's what you are paying them on a weekly basis, that's where we can't compete.  We could be in for any and every player that's available on a free but if we can't afford to pay players at least the same as them (and we can't) then we've absolutely no chance.

No he's not, we need to drop this obsession with playing "good football" for one of "winning football". Get Clarke in, tell him he's working with a modest budget but that he can sell players and use the funds brought in, and tell him to get on the phone to Mulumbu's agent and tell him he's coming to the Rangers

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

No he's not, we need to drop this obsession with playing "good football" for one of "winning football". Get Clarke in, tell him he's working with a modest budget but that he can sell players and use the funds brought in, and tell him to get on the phone to Mulumbu's agent and tell him he's coming to the Rangers

So you want a "winning football" mentality over a "good football" mentality and to achieve this you want a manger who has never won anything over a guy who has won 4 league titles in Holland?

:confused:

8 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

It's nothing to do with that.  It's what you are paying them on a weekly basis, that's where we can't compete.  We could be in for any and every player that's available on a free but if we can't afford to pay players at least the same as them (and we can't) then we've absolutely no chance.

So we are paying Alves and Pena peanuts are we?

The likes of Dorrans, Murphy and Martin who have come from the mega rich Championship are they on pennies also?

We may not have the budget they have but we aren't 100miles away either.

The difference (whether you want to accept it or not) is they have a manager who has instilled belief in all his players and united them as team.

1 hour ago, port_bear said:

So you want a "winning football" mentality over a "good football" mentality and to achieve this you want a manger who has never won anything over a guy who has won 4 league titles in Holland?

:confused:

Very selective with facts there, if I turned it around and said you could choose either the manager who gave West Brom their highest Premier League finish ever, versus the man who didn't gain a single point in the Premier League.

Clarke has won more points in 2018 in the league than us and the taigs, let that sink in. He's already shown he can get unbelievable results out of an average squad in our league, why shouldn't he get the chance with ours?

Not sure we can risk another foreign manager however well they have done elsewhere. It won't be their own team and there would be little to spend. 

How often have we heard of foreign managers bringing ideas and tactics that just aren't viable in Scotland. 

We don't have time for that sort if experiment. As others said, we need to build from the back and get them playing as a professional team rather than a bunch of mediocre players. 

I don't know who we should go for but it should be discreet and achievable. It's an amateur disgrace the way they have went about the search for a new manager and it really worries me how little business acumen and professionalism they have shown. 

I honestly think we would be mad to go for FDB. Love the brothers as players, but don’t see he is suited to British football. He’d be another that tried to change our philosophy to more European one and the players would revolt.

The board would be mad not to try and give the job to someone in the same mould as Walter Smith. No nonsense winner, who won and did nothing much else.

That is what we are needing, I said this before Pedro, this mongo board will probably still not get it.

I don’t like it, but Stevie Clarke is the guy to go for if he’s interested.

I love the idea of a Frank de Boer, but I don't know if it's maybe the right man, at the wrong time???

Whether he is the best guy to come in and sort out the alleged disunity i do not know??? Whether Steve Clarke is i do not know either???

Basically fuck knows what the best way forward is???

Ive ran out of ideas with this mob???

5 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He absolutely doesn't change a system if its failing. 

The style of football in Holland isn't even comparable to Scottish football.

People understate how much celtic’s squad cost and how much quality, strength in depth they have in comparison to us.

Nctcham and Brown might be their only big money signings who played but they cost more than the entire team that we put out yesterday did.

The average wage at celtic is £14,000 a week ours is £6,500 that’s why there’s such a gulf in quality between the sides.

Rodgers took an underachieving side and helped it reach its potential but even if we got a manager who did the same we would still lack the quality and strength in depth to compete with them over the course of a 38 game season.

2 hours ago, port_bear said:

Try looking at the teams they came from, the wages they're on and their current value in the transfer market.

Then compare it wour dishelved lot, far less the managers.

Not one of our players would get near their team.

We're a fucking mile off in both ability and mentality.

30 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Very selective with facts there, if I turned it around and said you could choose either the manager who gave West Brom their highest Premier League finish ever, versus the man who didn't gain a single point in the Premier League.

Clarke has won more points in 2018 in the league than us and the taigs, let that sink in. He's already shown he can get unbelievable results out of an average squad in our league, why shouldn't he get the chance with ours?

No one can argue with what Clarke has achieved with Killie.

However the point I was trying to make was that you seem to think that will somehow guarantee him the same success if he got the job here.

Just because he has had instant success at one club doesn't mean the same will happen at another.

Its the same with FdB, just because he had failed spells with Inter and Palace doesn't mean his next will also end in failure.  I seem to remember a certain MrClough who lasted only 44 days at Leeds before going onto win several European Cups with Forrest.

EVERY new manager is a gamble.