Sell Morelos, Wes and Windass

kris1984

2 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

He should have scored but his ‘miss’ yesterday certainly wasn’t a gimme.  Having watched some highlights again,  I would be more critical of him for missing out on the Alves header that they let run across their goal.  If he had gambled, or at least been more alert to what was happening, he could have had a tap in.

He’s missed any number of those this season, often when the ball’s gone across within 2 yards of the goal.

I don’t think his reactions are what they need to be.

The more you see, the more obvious it becomes that he’s a midfielder, converted to a striker - certain things just don’t seem to come naturally to him.

Our goalkeeper has got a HUGE fucking problem with shots that come across him,i don't know if it's a positional thing or if he can't stretch his body properly or what but the amount of goals we concede from around the box with the ball going across him is criminal. He's also not very convincing at taking crosses. his decision making with the ball in hand or at feet is also questionable and he's not quick enough to release it.

Apart from that he's spot on!

As for his value....who knows? We might get lucky and find a club who make worse signings than us.

I genuinely think that Gilks would have been a brilliant keeper for us but we managed to let him go :confused:

Morelos would be a different player playing alongside someone like Cummings.he did not get enough service yesterday either, although  I admit, when he did in the second half hitting crossbar once or twice and a save from they'e keeper.i just think he is the unluckiest player in the league.not a bad player its just nothing seems to go in for him.if we ended up keeping him for another year I don' think it would be a bad thing when he gets confidence back the goals will flow...hopefully.

3 hours ago, HG5 said:

He’s missed any number of those this season, often when the ball’s gone across within 2 yards of the goal.

I don’t think his reactions are what they need to be.

The more you see, the more obvious it becomes that he’s a midfielder, converted to a striker - certain things just don’t seem to come naturally to him.

I don’t think he is a natural goal scorer either.  He doesn’t have a great deal of composure when he gets a chance, usually just puts his foot through the ball.  Funnily enough, with the chance he didn’t convert yesterday he did show some composure in bring the ball down and controlling it, however a natural striker would then have chipped it over the goalkeeper.

To be fair to the boy, he has had little if any luck in the games against them this season.  He has had two really solid headers against the keepers weight and the keepers pulled out a couple of great saves.  Even the chance he missed at Ibrox was by the thinnest of margins.   When you think of the goals McCoist used to get from sclaffs and mistimed headers, you just need that bit of luck at times.

2 hours ago, broomloan blue nose said:

Morelos would be a different player playing alongside someone like Cummings.he did not get enough service yesterday either, although  I admit, when he did in the second half hitting crossbar once or twice and a save from they'e keeper.i just think he is the unluckiest player in the league.not a bad player its just nothing seems to go in for him.if we ended up keeping him for another year I don' think it would be a bad thing when he gets confidence back the goals will flow...hopefully.

There’s a reason Morelos and Cummings dont start together.

it’s fairly obvious.

6 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Probably our best 3 players but the only sellable assets we actually have. 

Morelos - can’t be trusted. Works defenders well and holds up ball but that’s no good enough. That Motherwell striker will do the same in the final, we need much better than someone who just throws it about. 

Windass - done well this year but goes missing far too often. Cash in while stock is high. Maybe get £2-3m for him

Wes - seems like most people like him. I think he’s bang average, decent shot stopper but so should ever GK be. Flaps at crosses all the time. Nervous on the ball, gives it away all the time and cab barely clear ball 40 yards. Let’s in saveable goals too often. Get £1-2m

Could generate over £10m for the 3 and easily replace for less, leaving money for much needed other areas.

Right, I’ve said it, bring on the hate

Defo  sell Foderingham. Think a real manager can get more out of the other two. 

6 hours ago, Goosetav said:

£12-£15m imo

I personally don't think they're worth anything like that but the way the market is just now players are going for funny money

I'm pretty certain none of our players will go for "funny money" if the past 6 years is the benchmark.

In reality we will accept 3 million for Morelos, 1 million for Fod and 1.5 million for Windass so 5.5 million tops for the bundle.

8 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

I'm pretty certain none of our players will go for "funny money" if the past 6 years is the benchmark.

In reality we will accept 3 million for Morelos, 1 million for Fod and 1.5 million for Windass so 5.5 million tops for the bundle.

Aye we turned down all those ids for Morelos to sell him for less than half of it a few moths later

36 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Closer to the truth.

1 minute ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

That's because some guy with a goose avatar apparently outed me.

So I let him know that I don't like the bead rattling mutants.

Ah, I'm sure not many people on here are, ahem, all that fond of them either buddy but thanks for letting us know how you feel.