Miller and Wallace Suspended

If the board really did have a summer replacement they would have announced it this week and replaced Murty with the two Jimmy's for the remaining five games. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my behalf that FDB was imminent for they have never had a planB. With the recent suspensions of two senior players, I just don't see where we pick up enough points to finish 2nd under Murty.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Are most on here really siding with the ex Tim and Wallace? Honestly don’t understand how you can pick sides tbh. 

We don’t know enough to pick a side - In the absence of information let’s call it a draw and they all get to fuck. 

5 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

The board are in full deflection mode, 

here look an Orange Rangers top.:thinking:

3 hours ago, Smile said:

They have tried to move the focus to the two players Murty and now the Kit Deal, Traynor does his job for the board but not for the Support.

Good posts :tu:

Murty was hung out to dry for the ST campaign. Miller and Wallace have been made scapegoats to deflect that King was in court again today. It's a sorry state of affairs. We need regime change, this board are guilty of institutional failure.

It's worring that there's reports that the players are taking sides with Miller and Wallace over the manager and club.

Well on the surface and in light of any information it is.

Even to play devil's advocate to an extent, if Wallace and Miller done nothing wrong, absolutely zero wrong - there's a valid line of thought that it's none of their business, they are employed by the club and shouldn't be undermining the boss and their employers regardless of what they perceive to be right or wrong.

It raises issues in the sense that, if true, it doesn't really matter who the next manager will be if the clubs actions have rocked the players boat and there's no respect there.

We could even find ourselves in a situation again that we found ourselves in a few years ago when we had sub-standard players like Black, Foster, Smith, Simonsen, Aird, Bell, Moshni who were at odds with the club over personal issues, them and the rest having no faith in Ashley/Lambias/Easedales and thinking we were being run into the ground and possibly upset at the club thrusting 5 Newcastle loanee's on them too. It could mirror that mood a bit. Not exactly the same situation but parallels the disharmony between the club and players. Bad place to be.

When that happens we have a serious problem in that we need wholesale change to the playing staff and also the ones running the club. It would mean simply replacing either the players or the board is only 50% of the problem ... that's alarming. 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's worring that there's reports that the players are taking sides with Miller and Wallace over the manager and club.

If that's the case which it seems to be it doesn't bode well for Sunday, A manager who has lost the dressing room is as well walking away, I can see us getting a doing on Sunday.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

If that's the case which it seems to be it doesn't bode well for Sunday, A manager who has lost the dressing room is as well walking away, I can see us getting a doing on Sunday.

Yeah but it goes beyond the manager, the club is involved now and the players are siding with their 2 pals over the club - that opens up a whole new dimension to things. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah but it goes beyond the manager, the club is involved now and the players are siding with their 2 pals over the club - that opens up a whole new dimension to things. 

Total guess work but I bet they’re not (as in that many). Well perhaps a clique (in itself a problem) made up from players coming towards the end of their deal or not getting a game or recently subbed before half time during a cup semi. 

Keep saying this but If they do have the fire in their belly for a fight it’s a pity we rarely (ever?) see that on the pitch.  Says a lot about them that the rag was lost, in the dressing room, versus one guy.  

Ach, fuck knows, we will probably never really know but I’ve definitley concluded other than a very small group I’ll not bat an eye lid when any of them leave.  Steeped in failure. 

16 minutes ago, markem said:

Total guess work but I bet they’re not (as in that many). Well perhaps a clique (in itself a problem) made up from players coming towards the end of their deal or not getting a game or recently subbed before half time during a cup semi. 

Keep saying this but If they do have the fire in their belly for a fight it’s a pity we rarely (ever?) see that on the pitch.  Says a lot about them that the rag was lost, in the dressing room, versus one guy.  

Ach, fuck knows, we will probably never really know but I’ve definitley concluded other than a very small group I’ll not bat an eye lid when any of them leave.  Steeped in failure. 

What worries me is, if the boardroom can tarnish a manager and players reputations this easily will other players want to leave, also, what sort of message does it send out when looking for a new manager and players.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Even to play devil's advocate to an extent, if Wallace and Miller done nothing wrong, absolutely zero wrong - there's a valid line of thought that it's none of their business, they are employed by the club and shouldn't be undermining the boss and their employers regardless of what they perceive to be right or wrong.

It raises issues in the sense that, if true, it doesn't really matter who the next manager will be if the clubs actions have rocked the players boat and there's no respect there.

We could even find ourselves in a situation again that we found ourselves in a few years ago when we had sub-standard players like Black, Foster, Smith, Simonsen, Aird, Bell, Moshni who were at odds with the club over personal issues, them and the rest having no faith in Ashley/Lambias/Easedales and thinking we were being run into the ground and possibly upset at the club thrusting 5 Newcastle loanee's on them too. It could mirror that mood a bit. Not exactly the same situation but parallels the disharmony between the club and players. Bad place to be.

When that happens we have a serious problem in that we need wholesale change to the playing staff and also the ones running the club. It would mean simply replacing either the players or the board is only 50% of the problem ... that's alarming. 

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What worries me is, if the boardroom can tarnish a manager and players reputations this easily will other players want to leave also, what sort of message does it send out when looking for a new manager and players.

I’m not sitting in defence of the board with this post as TBH feel clueless as to what’s happened but I’ll be amazed if there is no justification for the action the board have taken.  If the players (Wallace in particular) have been totally wronged they could have you for constructive dismissal/damages or we would have to settle with a gagging order for big bucks. 

If it was about deflection you would have leaked it that Miller will be released and Wallace removed from 1st team UFN  

Again who knows, I suppose I just find it hard to believe they would be so stupid and hasty to suspend without at least believing they are justified.  

To your point around joining  us, agreed, none of this does our already shitty profile any good  at all.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We could even find ourselves in a situation again that we found ourselves in a few years ago when we had sub-standard players like Black, Foster, Smith, Simonsen, Aird, Bell, Moshni who were at odds with the club over personal issues, them and the rest having no faith in Ashley/Lambias/Easedales and thinking we were being run into the ground and possibly upset at the club thrusting 5 Newcastle loanee's on them too. It could mirror that mood a bit. Not exactly the same situation but parallels the disharmony between the club and players. Bad place to be.

A hardline manager would stamp this out... we have Murty.

A hardline CHief exec would stamp this out... we have Robertson.

A hardline majority shareholder/ owner would stamp this .. we have King, who is thousands of miles away.

Can't say the board don't have previous for making a horses arse of it !

Joey Barton finally agrees Rangers pay-off deal

Bust-up: Joey Barton and Rangers boss Mark Warburton

By Andy Newport

November 10 2016

It is believed that Rangers will finally be able to bring the Joey Barton saga to an end after they agreed a severance deal with the controversial midfielder.

The Light Blues are desperate to offload the £20,000-a-week summer signing - who has not been seen at the club for a week after being signed off with stress - after watching his Ibrox switch turn sour.

And it is understood they have finally secured the agreement needed to end their four-month association following final showdown talks with Barton's representatives yesterday.

But the 34-year-old former Manchester City, Newcastle and QPR battler is said to be intending on kick-starting his career as soon as the January transfer window opens.

And the former England international still believes he is good enough to cut it in the English Premier League - with former club Burnley looking his most obvious destination.

Barton has not been seen in a Rangers kit since their 5-1 thrashing by rivals celtic back in September.

He was involved in a furious bust-up with team-mate Andy Halliday and boss Mark Warburton as the shell-shocked Gers squad held a training-ground post-mortem into their Parkhead humiliation.

Warburton was left furious when Barton refused to apologise after questioning his manager's methods - specifically his acid-tongued criticism of Rangers' defensive set-up - in front of the entire squad and banished him from the club's Auchenhowie training ground.

That suspension was eventually strung out for eight weeks as Rangers chiefs examined whether they had grounds to sack the ex-Marseille midfielder, who further enraged Warburton when he gave an unauthorised radio interview questioning his fellow Englishman's handling of the initial fall-out.

Barton also fell foul of the Scottish Football Association's strict betting rules. He faces a Hampden hearing a week on Thursday, but is only expected to receive a moderate punishment.

When it became apparent to Ibrox bosses that dismissal was not an option, however, Barton was eventually allowed to return to training last Thursday.

But it was made clear he would not be rejoining Warburton's group as he was instead ordered to train with the club's Under-20s team. Areas like the training ground gym were even ruled off-limits when the rest of the first-team were present.

The soap opera did not stop there, though. On Tuesday it emerged Barton's return had lasted just one day before he was signed off with stress.

But it now seems enough is enough for the troubled Ibrox outfit - they are already 11 points behind celtic just 12 games into the season - and chairman Dave King's board are now set to draw a line under the episode by agreeing a settlement package.

Barton is understood to be "gutted" that his Ibrox move has turned into such an unmitigated disaster.

He turned down a £35,000-a-week offer at Burnley, where he was named the Claret's player of the year after their triumphant SkyBet Championship campaign last term, in order to seal his switch to Glasgow on a two-year contract.

Never shy to give his opinion, Barton claimed he would prove himself to be the best player in Scotland, while also insisting he would dominate celtic skipper Scott Brown when the two went head-to-head.

But he never came close to delivering on those promises in the eight appearances he made for Warburton's team.

He looked short of fitness after a rushed pre-season and was left chasing shadows as a Brown-inspired Hoops line-up ran amok in the first Old Firm derby of the season.

Despite failing to perform in Scotland, however, Press Association Sport understands Barton remains as convinced as ever that he retains the quality needed to play in the top-flight south of the border.

And a return to Burnley appears to be his most likely move once the transfer window reopens. Turf Moor manager Sean Dyche has already refused to rule out a return for the Liverpudlian after being asked about a possible reunion last month.

Belfast Telegraph

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/Rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-Rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html

Archived