Sundays Front Line

scottyc06

Sundays Front Line  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you play up front against the tarriers?

• Morelos
    • Cummings
    • Both
    • Other

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

For me, Murty has to change our formation or it will be Deja vu as it was against the scum and their cousins from Edinburgh when we got outfought, outmuscled and outplayed as our midfield was done like a dinner.

I would be having a go with a tight back three of Tavernier - Martin -  (Alves is crocked, allegedly)  and John.

A midfield five of Candeias - Docherty - McCrorie - Dorrans - Murphy

Morelos and Cummings up front.

It's London to a brick that if we go with a 4-3-2-1 or similar then those scabby cunts will make our life hell, so why not try something different they won't expect.

You’ve got a back three that can’t defend mate, an improvement on four though lol

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

For me, Murty has to change our formation or it will be Deja vu as it was against the scum and their cousins from Edinburgh when we got outfought, outmuscled and outplayed as our midfield was done like a dinner.

I would be having a go with a tight back three of Tavernier - Martin -  (Alves is crocked, allegedly)  and John.

A midfield five of Candeias - Docherty - McCrorie - Dorrans - Murphy

Morelos and Cummings up front.

It's London to a brick that if we go with a 4-3-2-1 or similar then those scabby cunts will make our life hell, so why not try something different they won't expect.

that’s a 1 at the back formation with Tav and John, what makes it worse is the 1 is Russel Martin and he counts as -1 so we’d actually be playing with -1 at the back. Not for me

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’ve got a back three that can’t defend mate, an improvement on four though lol

They certainly can't defend properly, mate, but who else do we have in our club that can play in that back three?

My reason for playing that system is to try and stop their midfield from controlling the play. We may as well try it because  we have failed to win that area of the park against them.

Surely Holt plays in front of Docherty, Sunday proved he gives us energy in the middle of the park. Docherty plays like a rabbit caught in the head lights.              

Tav Cardoso Alaves John

Candeias Dorrans McCrorie Holt Murphy

Morelos

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

that’s a 1 at the back formation with Tav and John, what makes it worse is the 1 is Russel Martin and he counts as -1 so we’d actually be playing with -1 at the back. Not for me

Let's face it,Siwel, we have fuck all decent defenders at the club, so what do we do? play the same way again and get fucking hammered at the piggery?

Just now, Ozblue said:

Let's face it,Siwel, we have fuck all decent defenders at the club, so what do we do? play the same way again and get fucking hammered at the piggery?

Nah I’d say just play a 451 get Martin as far away from Glasgow that day as possible and get in their faces like we tried to do in the 3-2 game for a bit.

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Surely Holt plays in front of Docherty, Sunday proved he gives us energy in the middle of the park. Docherty plays like a rabbit caught in the head lights.              

Tav Cardoso Alaves John

Candeias Dorrans McCrorie Holt Murphy

Morelos

I didn't include Holt because I thought he had an injury from the Hearts game...and apparently, Alves  calf is giving him trouble again.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I’d play Alves tbh even injured he is still Better than Martin

Mate! I'm fucking 70 and always played central midfield, and I'd still be a better central defender than Martin. How the fuck did he ever get selected for Scotland?

When we drew 0-0 there in December our central defensive partnership was Wilson and Bates (after Alves limped off after 15 minutes).

Im still unsure why we let both of them go, especially considering our uninspiring options at the back for Sunday.

On 23/04/2018 at 09:19, SpidermansGaffer said:

I've gone for a much more radical lineup, with a different approach. 

John Cleese in goals, clearly for his height advantage & funny walk skills.

A full back pairing of Morecambe & Wise brings much needed experience for the big stage, coupled with Bernard Manning & Russ Abbot as no nonsense centre halfs.

I went for a tricky midfield with plenty of flair & speed on the wings with Ken Dodd and Benny Hill. Tommy Cooper giving us a bit of dig in the centre, with the sublime guile of Chic Murray.

After much thought and deliberation as to who to put up top, I went with the tried and tested double act of Laurel & Hardy.

I'm open to suggestions for potential substitutes and manager, and before anyone starts - I have no idea if any of these players are tims...

IMG_4841.PNG

Big game improvement on the keystone cops we have at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

They certainly can't defend properly, mate, but who else do we have in our club that can play in that back three?

My reason for playing that system is to try and stop their midfield from controlling the play. We may as well try it because  we have failed to win that area of the park against them.

Ball over top left and right. Tav and John in their half chasing crisp pokes. Kierney and Forrest run amok. Murty resigns...every cloud and aw that.

16 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Ball over top left and right. Tav and John in their half chasing crisp pokes. Kierney and Forrest run amok. Murty resigns...every cloud and aw that.

I always shake my head in amazement when I see (for example) Tavernier and Candeias in full flight down that right-hand side; then I look across and see Murphy AND John tearing down the left to join in, with the likes of Windass coming from deep. Sometimes we have 6-7 players in and around the opponents box and we play a stupid pass and we are fucked on the breakaway.

That is fucking amateurish coaching and defending and it's up to the manager to get that balance between attacking and defending right.

We have a back four who haven't a clue how to swing or cover when we are on the attack so we don't have big gaps when our attack breaks down.

We are the highest scoring team in the League by 4 goals over the filth, but we have conceded 16 more than them and 3 more than both the Sheep and the Edinburgh taigs, so that tells you where we have totally fucked up this season.

Whatever formation we play we need an advanced midfielder putting pressure on Brown with constant pressing because I am sick to fuck watching him pick the ball up 2 or 3 yards from their centre halves with none of our players anywhere near him. We're allowing the cunt to play like Pirlo.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Looks grumpy sometimes, and was angry at a team mate when we got pumped off the filth? 

Total overreaction. 

I could be overreacting to what's been a poor period in a poor season and maybe I'm taking my frustrations out on a single player but it's more than looking grumpy and more than running after Greg Docherty at the end of the OF game. I do rate Morelos but as I said it's a recent thing with him. On Sunday I thought he separated himself from the rest of the group of players. The warm up shite I'm not too interested in. It was more about his play on the park. He always was quite a selfish player (a lot of decent strikers are to some degree) but in his 10 minute cameo to me he looked to be completely playing for himself and generally at times looked not too bothered. I hope im wrong but i to me it looks like there's a wee attitude problem there at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Whatever formation we play we need an advanced midfielder putting pressure on Brown with constant pressing because I am sick to fuck watching him pick the ball up 2 or 3 yards from their centre halves with none of our players anywhere near him. We're allowing the cunt to play like Pirlo.

I agree. Oh for a Kevin Thomson type player in there. I think the closest we have to that type of player is Jordan Rossiter who is certainly livening up the Academy team with his performances over the past 5-6 weeks, but I can't see him being in the squad this season. If I was Murty I would put him on for at least 15 minutes just to wipe the smug look off that cunts ugly mug.