Sundays Front Line

scottyc06

Sundays Front Line  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you play up front against the tarriers?

• Morelos
    • Cummings
    • Both
    • Other

There's been a lot of debate over the better player & who deserves to play between Morelos & Cummings. With it being the taigs away next weekend who would you go with?

I think its a tough one as you need to factor in how poor Morelos has been on the big stage. On the flip side to that though, can Cummings really do the lone striker thing? Struggled at times today as he likes to come short a lot. He's also not had a great deal of game time. 

Personally, and it might not be a popular choice & obviously very unlikely to happen as he's been suspended but I would have Miller alongside Cummings with Morelos remaining on the bench.  He's missed far too many chances against them & i now get the feeling its playing on his mind. 

I went for both but thinking about it this is the best lineup we could possibly put out...

IMG_20180423_070600.thumb.jpg.a1288dcb483dd27e59d0b9a791fd0cec.jpg

Worrying as fuck that that's the strongest back four we have. Next seasons centre half partnership should be interesting to see since we're no doubt getting shot of those two. 

1 minute ago, MrMeeseeks said:

I went for both but thinking about it this is the best lineup we could possibly put out...

Worrying as fuck that that's the strongest back four we have. Next seasons centre half partnership should be interesting to see since we're no doubt getting shot of those two. 

Our defence will get torn to pieces again.

I wonder how long before Rogic cuts in and has a shot for the far corner 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Even if we stuck 6 back there we'd still be fucked, even more so with Fod in goal, shitting himself with every long ball coming in. 

I feel for those attending the game next week. We don't have enough to spoil their day, so it's no longer a matter of them winning the league IF they beat us but WHEN. I do hope I'm wrong though, obviously. 

The sooner this season is over the better, sounding like a broken record the last couple of years now, sad times. 

Anybody remember the last sheep game where Cummings came on for Morelos with plenty time left, remember they could've won because we weren't pressing their backline allowing them to run right over the top of us? 

Start Cummings on Sunday and it'll be exactly the same again from the first whistle. 

55 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'd be tempted to go as far as to man mark him with McCrorie. Only one capable of dealing with him physically.

1 hour ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Alnwick is a terrible keeper god help us if he plays  hopefully Foderingham will be fit 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Wonder if he will have his shooting boots back on against us after his two sitters against the hivs. Into the box with time and space to pick his spot twice on Saturday and puts his shots right at the keeper :sarcasm:

Has to be both for me. We need to apply maximum pressure and that starts by closing down their CBs and Lego playing tidy wee triangles and you can’t do that with one man.

If we had three decent CBs ourselves, I’d go three at the back but we don’t even have two.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Cummings. As a lone striker.

Not ideal but I really think we need to concentrate more on flooding the midfield.

Midfield central 3 of McCrorie, Dorrans and Holt with Murphy and Candaies on the wings.

The defence gives me the shits to be honest as Tav, John, Martin and Alves are nowhere near good enough and for the fact I think McCrorie will play at central defence when the boy clearly isn't comfortable there and some clown like Halliday or an in-effective Docherty might take his place in midfield.

Simply put I've got my own ideas as to what the best team and formation should be but zero faith in Rangers management to have anything close to it.

Herrera lone striker 

1 hour ago, MrMeeseeks said:

That team gets destroyed 

1 minute ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Bar 2 or 3 changes, that is our strongest/only option. Can't believe we need yet another fucking rebuild of the squad, it's a bloody shambles. 

Don’t think we need a total rebuild but we certainly need, 3 experienced good CB’s 1 midfielder and 2 experienced strikers. 

Plus a decent manager to get what we keep playing like a team. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody remember the last sheep game where Cummings came on for Morelos with plenty time left, remember they could've won because we weren't pressing their backline allowing them to run right over the top of us? 

Start Cummings on Sunday and it'll be exactly the same again from the first whistle. 

I think we’re stuck between a rock & a hard place with these two! Cummings struggles with playing up front on his own, but Morelos has shown absolutely zero composure every time he’s cane up against them! 

Maybe both is the way to go but that’s then at the expense of Windass who has the ability to rip them apart (granted he also has the ability to challenge Madeline McCann for hide & seek champion).

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t think we need a total rebuild but we certainly need, 3 experienced good CB’s 1 midfielder and 2 experienced strikers. 

Plus a decent manager to get what we keep playing like a team. 

We also need a new GK, LB, backup LW and backups down the right side. What we currently have isn't good enough, we're pretty much fucked as soon as a first teamer is injured.