Excited for the new season

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

A lot of this I've said a few times before, but at the risk of repeating myself.

McGregor I'm not fussed about. My issues with Foderingham were the same issues I had with McGregor and that's they both got beat from too many long-range shots being too far off their line and not as commanding as they shout be at set-pieces, although both really good reflex/reaction shot-stoppers.

Arfield will be a great signing IMO. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Barton, Nico or even Dorrans to a lesser extent in that they came with a good pedigree from the EPL but didn't do it for us (Dorrans case he's not done it yet but there's still time) ... but he'd defo a player I'm happy to sign. We can't stop signing players with good pedigree's because a couple previously didn't work out. I think he's similar to the way Armstrong is for them, in that he's a competent and strong midfielder who's matured into a good player with a lot in his locker.

My confidence levels depend on who else we sign but equally importantly who we ship out too. If it meant more money into the transfer pot then I'd cash in on Tav, Windass and Morelos. They all offer us something but only sometimes. That's not good enough. I have doubts on their consistency and mental strength to play for Rangers considering everything we need from our top players.

Alves, Pena and Rossiter are 3 we must get off the wage-bill and save ourselves somewhere in the region of 65k per-week. Even if we spend a small fortune doing it to save a small fortune in return then that's fine. 

Obviously try and cash in on Herrera, Cardoso and O'Halloran.

Rip up the contracts of Halliday, Wallace, Miller, Hodson, Dodoo, Forrester.

Dalcio & Martin return to their clubs end of loan.

Sign Murphy and Cummings on the pre-determined fee's of 700 and 600 grand.

Whoever the new manager is really needs to sign a whole new backline including full-backs who can defend and position themselves and 2 commanding center halfs.

Have John, Holt, Docherty and Jack as capable squad options when we sign a much higher caliber of player for our first XI contentions. 

I have a strange sense of hope in the summer before every new season starts, even if deep down I knew under the likes of McCoist, Warburton and Pedro we would be onto shit and not trusting the decisions of the people that run our club.

It looks like it's Steven Gerrard as our new manager. I can't get excited or on board yet. It depends on who he signs and who we get rid of. I can see some advantages of him being the manager, but an over-riding feeling that it's another massive risk and gamble that won't pay off. I think I may get used to the idea after a few days but if this gamble doesn't pay off, for the first time ever I think it would be time for a large-scale boycott until this lot are gone because this would be one bridge too far. There would be nothing to lose from doing it this time as the taigs would have their ten in a row so that's a game changer for me and drastic action would be essential. 

Have thought about it long and hard but I'm sorry, the time for large scale boycott is NOW. 

This board are once again ready to sign off on an untried and inexperienced candidate. I think we need to forget about the name and think about the probability of this going wrong, disastrously wrong ........AGAIN!

Its such a massive and unnecessary gamble I'm struggling to get my head round the thinking here. Seriously, ask yourself of all the names in the hat for manager does Stephen Gerrard really represent the best chance of success for our club. I don't think so. It makes no sense and comes at a crucial time in our history and I don't just mean what the taigs are doing. 

As if we haven't already had enough proof this board are not fit for purpose this latest move surely seals it. 

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Their fans still hanker to be what they once were but understand what they are and where they are now.

We still have fans in the delusional phase thinking we're a player or two away or that there's plenty to be positive about. King and his placemen have done their jobs well.

Give it a few more years of this.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

it is a good post but makes you sick reading it

Sums up the feeling at the moment, our record against them is the worst in living memory but surely the tide will turn, can't see it being on Sunday unfortunately.

I sometimes wonder with the whole DoF set up whether it’s considered that the players are more important than the manager, i.e. it doesn’t matter how good the manager is if the players aren’t up to scratch. Therefore there isn’t such importance put on how good the manager is. I’m no sure what I think about that.

I mean folk think Mourinho is a great manager but everywhere he goes he spends hundreds of millions.

This has been one of the toughest seasons to suffer but to be fair we’re not far off celtic in terms of points, and if we hadn’t got beat off utter shite this year we’d be title contenders. 

Would love to see a clear out of all the shite we have hiding in our team, and with some good defenders we could do well next year. 

If we sign good players and we get a good manager, next year could be exciting

29 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

to be fair we’re not far off celtic in terms of points, and if we hadn’t got beat off utter shite this year we’d be title contenders. 

This is a great point actually.

As down in the dumps we are, we are 10 points off them. Not great, but this place would be absolutely bouncing right now if we had just won a few more games this season.

7 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Aye, excited as fuck.

Watching the same average players every week embarass the jersey

Josh's instagram account

Getting beat at least 30% of home games.

Getting pumped off St. Mirren at least once

Another few goal fests off the Tims.

Making a shite managerial appointment.

The new managers "project" speech.

Dave King's "making massive improvements" speech.

Winning absolutely fuck all.

Shite pies

Cold pies

Rossiter being injured.

Club 1872 pretending to be a supporters representative group

Pish replica kits

Ruined weekends

Being treated like shite at away grounds

Shitey dumps of away grounds

Fenian referees

Appalling stories in the media about our club and fans

Having our flags and banners removed by fat smelly stewards

The same board paying lip service to the fans

The same incompetent board being in place

Warm Buckie

Shite gear

8 in a row

treble treble

I'm fucking sick of it already and this one's not even finished yet.

And yes, I've renewed my season ticket already.

I need ma fucking heid looked at :headwall:

Jeez, that's a depressing read. Think you forgot about Admin2 though.......:whistle:

On 26/04/2018 at 15:37, Falcoholic said:

Aye, excited as fuck.

Watching the same average players every week embarass the jersey

Josh's instagram account

Getting beat at least 30% of home games.

Getting pumped off St. Mirren at least once

Another few goal fests off the Tims.

Making a shite managerial appointment.

The new managers "project" speech.

Dave King's "making massive improvements" speech.

Winning absolutely fuck all.

Shite pies

Cold pies

Rossiter being injured.

Club 1872 pretending to be a supporters representative group

Pish replica kits

Ruined weekends

Being treated like shite at away grounds

Shitey dumps of away grounds

Fenian referees

Appalling stories in the media about our club and fans

Having our flags and banners removed by fat smelly stewards

The same board paying lip service to the fans

The same incompetent board being in place

Warm Buckie

Shite gear

8 in a row

treble treble

I'm fucking sick of it already and this one's not even finished yet.

And yes, I've renewed my season ticket already.

I need ma fucking heid looked at :headwall:

You say all this, and I agree, but by the time July comes around we'll be choking to get back to it.

I've been looking forward to a fresh season starting before Pedro left fs