How hard can it be?

Siam69

I could support the Gerrard gamble if we hadn't rolled the dice on McCoist, MW, PC and Murty!!  After all, Souness took over and he was a great player with no managerial experience, but after the last 6 years, I think this is one throw of the dice too much.  

10 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's because no experienced manager will come near us while king is in charge. 

I agree with that. MW had the Managers Union on his side for the boards misconduct and won his case in court. The board told Murty to fill the gap in the interim. The board then had to go overseas to hire PC and was fired with now succession planning. They told Murty to fill the gap again. 

The board then attempted to get McInnes but were unwilling to pay to get him, when he refused the board release a shoddy statement having a dig at him. The board then tell Murty to take the managers job until summer even though he hadn't applied for it. 

The board then release a statement just before the semi final undermining him, unsettling the team and sending them over the edge.The board then leak to the tabloids that SG has said yes, again just before an old firm game. There is a pattern here of King throwing managers under a bus.

We do need an experienced manager but for that to happen King will have fulfil his promises  

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree with that. MW had the Managers Union on his side for the boards misconduct. They told Murty to fill the gap. The board then had to go overseas to hire PC and was fired with now succession planning. They told Murty to fill the gap again. 

The board then attempted to get McInnes but were unwilling to pay to get him, when he refused the board release a shoddy statement having a dig at him. The board then tell Murty to take the managers job until summer even though he hadn't applied for it. 

The board then release a statement just before the semi final undermining him, unsettling the team and sending them over the edge.The board then leak to the tabloids that SG has said yes, again just before an old firm game. There is a pattern here of King throwing managers under a bus.

We do need an experienced manager but for that to happen King will have fulfil his promises  

What magical myth is this?

The misconduct of the board that saw the 'all-powerful' LMA refuse to back legal action on MW's behalf when it became clear he never had a leg to stand on?

Where has the "unwilling to pay to get him" come from? Aberdeen gave Rangers permission to speak with him after terms were agreed between the two clubs.

Tell me more how it's the boards fault the players and management were fucking atrocious at Hampden? You don't think King's statement turned Andy Halliday into the shit house that he was at Hampden?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What magical myth is this?

The misconduct of the board that saw the 'all-powerful' LMA refuse to back legal action on MW's behalf when it became clear he never had a leg to stand on?

Where has the "unwilling to pay to get him" come from? Aberdeen gave Rangers permission to speak with him after terms were agreed between the two clubs.

Tell me more how it's the boards fault the players and management were fucking atrocious at Hampden? You don't think King's statement turned Andy Halliday into the shit house that he was at Hampden?

I know what I have read, King is toxic and has been throwing managers under the bus for a while now. How about you interview MW, PC, Mcinnes and get their side of the story for your Daily Record blog.

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I know what I have read, King is toxic and has been throwing managers under the bus for a while now. How about you interview MW, PC, Mcinnes and get their side of the story for your Daily Record blog.

So what have you read? 

If Warburton has the LMA’s backing over the board’s ‘misconduct’ why was there no action raised by either party for forcing them out of their contract? 

If we were unwilling to pay for DMcI why did Aberdeen give us permission to speak with him? 

Why would I interview someone for a blog that is an opinion piece? Surely you have read Warburton’s side to be so certain isn’t he claim it was ‘board misconduct’ that saw him try to weasel his way out of his contract and then have his bluff called. 

41 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree with that. MW had the Managers Union on his side for the boards misconduct and won his case in court. The board told Murty to fill the gap in the interim. The board then had to go overseas to hire PC and was fired with now succession planning. They told Murty to fill the gap again. 

What?

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

What?

There was no court case. 

Tell you what Sweetheart, it’s payday tomorrow. I’ll give you 24 hours to provide proof of Warburton winning in court against Rangers and I’ll donate £50 to the charity of your choice. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There was no court case. 

Tell you what Sweetheart, it’s payday tomorrow. I’ll give you 24 hours to provide proof of Warburton winning in court against Rangers and I’ll donate £50 to the charity of your choice. 

It's like she just makes all this mental shite up in her head, convinces herself it's true, then posts as such.

Like you say, there was no Court Case, only in Sweetheart's head.

This Board make enough fuck ups to have a go at them, no need to make shite up.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

It's like she just makes all this mental shite up in her head, convinces herself it's true, then posts as such.

Like you say, there was no Court Case, only in Sweetheart's head.

This Board make enough fuck ups to have a go at them, no need to make shite up.

Exactly. It’s fucking mental. Plenty of reasons to hold their feet to the fire without making up shite.

12 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Right, assuming there is truth in this Gerrard story, there is the money to pay him his salary (I know, I know).

How hard can it be to get a proven Manager, given that salary, to come in and get us some stability, get us back to winning, consolidate, then build from there?

I mean, I don't know who, though could give a few examples in the calibre of Nigel Pearson etc. But we have not only a Board but a DOF to do this stuff. 

I'm not sure if Gerrard is going to happen or not, nothing would surprise me at present. Personally, I think he's way too much of a gamble, especially now. Have we learnt nothing!

I know it will make us look even more ridiculous if he doesn't, but to me, that's better than being schooled by Lennon, Clarke or McInness due to his inexperience. 

I mean, how fucking hard can it be to get a decent, proven manager ffs.

Let me ask you this, why would you think these jokers have a clue about football, which is not their "trade" when the cunts hired a mealy-mouthed CA to run the business (which is supposed to be their area of expertise). They literally haven't a clue and are entirely out of their depth, throw in a completely underfunded poisonous take-over, a mentalist (who ignores the law at a whim) as our chairman and well its hardly surprising that we end up with what we have.

You either need wealth or vision and charisma, preferably both, we have no money a crook and a few miserable wee frees....... 

Been calling for Pearson since Warburton left. Though I accept he's a bit looney at times the way his teams set up are exactly what we need just now. He'd have us well balanced, tough to beat and have a bit of fucking fight in us.

Instead we're going to go with Gerrard because I now genuinely think Dave King just wants to hang out with him.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

There was no court case. 

Hi @Sweetheart just checking you're still with us.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Yip, i'm here. Just go check the court records

Please, send me a link. It's quite the claim you made there. Funnily enough, as the whole thing was ongoing I regularly kept track of it and there was never any formal action raised by Warburton - or on his behalf by the LMA or any other third party - in relation to his departure. I can find literally no evidence of it ever reaching mediation through ACAS never mind going the whole hog to an employment tribunal.

Given it is something that was time-sensitive (employee only has a set amount of time to launch a claim from the date they left employment) there was nothing whatsoever that arose in that window related to Warburton's resignation.

Its also more than a bit odd that he gave a lengthy interview to the times in March this year (long after window for any claim had closed) and still maintained he didn't resign which, had he defeated the club in court on that very topic he could easily have pointed to that decision and cited it as proof that he never resigned. 

So lets see, is this another utterly fucking mental Sweetheart claim with absolutely no basis in reality or will you shock us all by actually proving that it happened. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Please, send me a link. It's quite the claim you made there. Funnily enough, as the whole thing was ongoing I regularly kept track of it and there was never any formal action raised by Warburton - or on his behalf by the LMA or any other third party - in relation to his departure. I can find literally no evidence of it ever reaching mediation through ACAS never mind going the whole hog to an employment tribunal.

Given it is something that was time-sensitive (employee only has a set amount of time to launch a claim from the date they left employment) there was nothing whatsoever that arose in that window related to Warburton's resignation.

Its also more than a bit odd that he gave a lengthy interview to the times in March this year (long after window for any claim had closed) and still maintained he didn't resign which, had he defeated the club in court on that very topic he could easily have pointed to that decision and cited it as proof that he never resigned. 

So lets see, is this another utterly fucking mental Sweetheart claim with absolutely no basis in reality or will you shock us all by actually proving that it happened. 

I remember reading the court role date around the end of last year I think it was.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

out of interest did warburton receive any sort of pay off to stop legal action???

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

out of interest did warburton receive any sort of pay off to stop legal action???

Not as far as I'm aware. Club maintain to this day that he resigned and any settlement would almost have certainly included an NDA which would have forbidden him (at threat of forfeiture of his settlement/further legal action) from talking about it the way he did in the Times.

16 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Right, assuming there is truth in this Gerrard story, there is the money to pay him his salary (I know, I know).

How hard can it be to get a proven Manager, given that salary, to come in and get us some stability, get us back to winning, consolidate, then build from there?

I mean, I don't know who, though could give a few examples in the calibre of Nigel Pearson etc. But we have not only a Board but a DOF to do this stuff. 

I'm not sure if Gerrard is going to happen or not, nothing would surprise me at present. Personally, I think he's way too much of a gamble, especially now. Have we learnt nothing!

I know it will make us look even more ridiculous if he doesn't, but to me, that's better than being schooled by Lennon, Clarke or McInness due to his inexperience. 

I mean, how fucking hard can it be to get a decent, proven manager ffs.

Brilliant post ?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I remember reading the court role date around the end of last year I think it was.

Like the Scottish media wouldn't have picked up on it anything???

It would have been all over the media ffs.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

There isn't a court roll anywhere I can find it listed. Nor has anyone from any media outlet in the country.

No threads on any forums either. Nothing on Twitter.

How absolutely bizarre.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

There isn't a court roll anywhere I can find it listed. Nor has anyone from any media outlet in the country.

No threads on any forums either. Nothing on Twitter.

How absolutely bizarre.

It wasn't in the media it was on one of the web sites talking about what court case were left I remember reading it. There was another case of ex-players suing the club also

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It wasn't in the media it was on one of the web sites talking about what court case were left I remember reading it. There was another case of ex-players suing the club also

So it wasn't in the media - despite it 100% being a story that would have been all over the media - nobody else has seen it anywhere and there isn't a single trace of it  anywhere

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So it wasn't in the media - despite it 100% being a story that would have been all over the media - nobody else has seen it anywhere and there isn't a single trace of it  anywhere

It wasn't in the media the CW trail was being focused on. It's there somewhere because I defiantly saw the court role form along with the one for the explayers