Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I've no idea but he was talking about SG being a on loan manager bringing his own staff and youth players. Lots of Rangers fans are phoning in and they sound genuine.

Why did you like my post ffs. I'm pointing out to you that he said "it's ALMOST AS IF" he is going on loan. Did you even read the article? 

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Why did you like my post ffs. I'm pointing out to you that he said "it's ALMOST AS IF" he is going on loan. Did you even read the article? 

I liked your post because you brought that article to my attention. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not in favour of this move but, now we've put our cards on the table, I think it's imperative we bring it to a conclusion (one way or another) as soon as possible. I certainly hope talks are taking place today (if this article's accurate) and - if it's true he's already spoken to us at length at least once - I'd hope we had a definitive answer and an announcement by the middle of this week. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I liked your post because you brought that article to my attention. Thank you.

Yet I still see you going on about Gerrard being an "on loan" manager.

26 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

I can see this falling through.

Fucking shambles.  Whoever gets the job next will know (as will the players) that they were second choice (maybe even third choice as first choice seemed to be Mcinnes).

Can't exactly see the players respecting someone who they know was miles down the wishlist of potential managers.

The players there should not be in place when a manager is in as they are all shite bags and what manager would want to keep any of them.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

ESPN reporting a 4 year deal apparently. 

and there we have it ...

As if a big enough risk like this wasn't bad enough there's a 4 year contract for if/when it goes wrong = some pay off (the Rangers way)

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and there we have it ...

As if a big enough risk like this wasn't bad enough there's a 4 year contract for if/when it goes wrong = some pay off (the Rangers way)

We haven’t learned anything from Pedro or Warburton.

Just now, backup said:

If the quotes murphy made about SG not receiving assurances on funding are true, it looks like SG has thrown the board under the bus if it fails, cute move to get it out there.

Putting more public pressure on them to give him what he wants.

4 fucking years?!

Unless someone on the board has a functioning crystal ball then what the fuck are they thinking?

Thats Gerrard’s agent getting a better deal off the back of yesterday for certain.

I know you’re unlikely to persuade a big name (not managerial quality) if you offer a 1 year rolling contract but if this goes tits up (and the odds are stacked in that direction) the we’ll be shelling out yet more compensation.

The only positive I can see is they must really truly believe he’s the guy and if they are giving him that sort of deal there has to be some kind of transfer kitty big enough to compete.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

If the quotes murphy made about SG not receiving assurances on funding are true, it looks like SG has thrown the board under the bus if it fails, cute move to get it out there.

:megaanguish:

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and there we have it ...

He's going to be unsackable if he comes up here. 

A) The financial aspect of it as you say above a 4 year deal on what will be the highest salary a Rangers manager has ever had

B) Can you imagine someone like Robertson trying to sack Gerrard...

C) King wont want to sack him either for personal reasons. 

Archived