McCrorie

MrMckee

Just now, Siwel said:

Docherty isn’t a defensive midfielder, I’d bring Rossiter in 

Yeah true but McCrorie wasn’t billed as a DM but has made it his own. If rossiter is fit then I’d play him but you just never know with Jordan..

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Better in midfield than CB not the answer in there though.  Not going to feauture in there under Gerrard guarantee that.

Guarantee you’re wrong. 

His 1st touch at times let him down. At other times it was excellent and moved him away from his marker or a tackle. He turned it with a lovely flick 4 or 5 times.

A young player we should be investing our new manager's time and coaching into. Has the potential to be a mainstay first pick DCM for club and country.

Looks like a footballer , but isn't. Has no touch on the ball Whatsoever. let two good passes run under his foot completely and his touch for the corner leading up to the pen was fuckin  ridiculous.Ray Wilkins once said "if you don't have a good touch by the time you are 14 years old ,you will never have one" and this boy will never be able to control the tempo of a game as a defensive mid should.He is a big honest trier but limited in my view

24 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Got all the raw materials to make a fantastic DM. If only other players had his grit & determination...

No he doesn't. Keeping possession and recycling the ball two vital aspects of DM play. Nowhere near good enough on the ball to do that. 

Big strong boy , with loads of effort to charge around in loose games like tonight but not the answer going forward unless his technical ability improves hugely.

He was absolutely bullied by Dembele during that 4-0 defeat.  Lacks the physicality to play at CB so CDM is the only place he can be played.  The club have him on a very long contract so I hope he can continue to develop.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Big strong boy with loads of effort to charge around in loose games like tonight but not the answe going forward unless his technical ability improves hugely.

I imagine he'd be a squad option next season not a starter in a midfield hoping to challenge celtic for the title.

He's only just turned 20 and has bags of potential. He has a season to realise it or he won't be here. Poor first touch needs to improve.  But with better players around him he could shine.

I'll just add that those who want him as captain next season wtf. We need winners. A proven experienced winner will do me and hopefully Gerrard brings one in because there's none at the club right now and a young developing player should not be captain.

24 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Looks like a footballer , but isn't. Has no touch on the ball Whatsoever. let two good passes run under his foot completely and his touch for the corner leading up to the pen was fuckin  ridiculous.Ray Wilkins once said "if you don't have a good touch by the time you are 14 years old ,you will never have one" and this boy will never be able to control the tempo of a game as a defensive mid should.He is a big honest trier but limited in my view

cant see any quotes where Wilkins said that or did he tell you in private, or is it just made up shite?

what we SHOULDNT do with the lad is try and tie him down to a CDM role. He has the engine to get all over the place and be a real box to box player, in the mould of Gerrard himself. He has to be given his head in that respect - not kept just trying to tidy up a shit midfield or cover for a shit Centre defence.