UEFA lifts alcohol ban for champions league and europa

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

No beer at footie under the Criminal Justice (Scotland) act brought in after the Hampden riot in 1980. Still in force and preceeds the Scottish Parliament by a long while.

Just read that there England to get it but naw here  

Counts!

47 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Scotland has its own laws and would need an act of Scottish parliament to change nothing to do with UEFA  just like the ban on acohol shirt advertising enforce in France 

this, UEFA dont make the laws. I can't see the drink ban being lifted in Scotland any time in the next decade

3 hours ago, PSL said:

Probably good to be honest. Maybe not a popular opinion but I don't agree with drinking around kids 

This, there's plenty of pubs after the game to go to, never been a fan of drinking in the ground. Kids and lasses about 

4 hours ago, PSL said:

Probably good to be honest. Maybe not a popular opinion but I don't agree with drinking around kids 

I don't agree with the poor service at Ibrox, the worst pies and snacks service in Scottish football in my opinion. Beer ban is a yes from me, because the product and service will be as awful 

Aye apparently this rule only covers countries/stadiums that have licensing for their normal games anyway domestically .. that rules us out, France too ... can't mind if Spain do beer in domestic games think they do ... Holland does ... I'm just wondering if Macedonia and Croatia do - anyone know? ? 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye apparently this rule only covers countries/stadiums that have licensing for their normal games anyway domestically .. that rules us out, France too ... can't mind if Spain do beer in domestic games think they do ... Holland does ... I'm just wondering if Macedonia and Croatia do - anyone know? ? 

Unless they have changed the law in the last 2 years, alcoholic drinks are completely banned from all stadiums in Croatia, mate. Not only that, they used to do random breath tests on fans and if you had more than 0.5 blood alcohol level you couldn't enter the stadium.  I've never been to a match In Macedonia, but I remember a Polish mate of mine who goes there regularly telling me that in some stadiums, you can by beer in VIP areas for example but you cannot even bring a bottle of water into the stadium.

Perhaps these laws have been changed, but I'd be checking to find out; It's a long way to go to be refused entry, or even jailed. 

3 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

It’ll probably be the 0.5 non alcoholic pish that was served at the Euros in 2016. 

Surely one drinks to enjoy the atmosphere and the taste and not to get pished?

:mutley::mutley::mutley::mutley:

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Do you not believe in allowing women to drink?

I was watching a British programme from the late 70's a wee while ago can't mind the name of it but a woman was meeting a guy in a bar and she was there first she went to the bar and ordered a drink and the barman calmly said "sorry we don't serve woman who are in alone" and she just goes "oh yes of course" and sits down near the door and waits :lol: thought that was hilarious but was telling my Auntie about it and she said that was the norm back then, no-one batted an eyelid :lol: too funny ... know your place lady

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I was watching a British programme from the late 70's a wee while ago can't mind the name of it but a woman was meeting a guy in a bar and she was there first she went to the bar and ordered a drink and the barman calmly said "sorry we don't serve woman who are in alone" and she just goes "oh yes of course" and sits down near the door and waits :lol: thought that was hilarious but was telling my Auntie about it and she said that was the norm back then, no-one batted an eyelid :lol: too funny ... know your place lady

my Dad said a lot of pubs in Glasgow used to not serve women. The punters probably didnt know how lucky they were at the time