Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

8 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

I get a feeling the players won't want to come off the pitch if they lose he didn't achieve what he did as a footballer being soft he won't accept anything but 100% from the players.

Roll on the next game and get back to owning our pitch and stadium which was a class quote from him and not heard from past Muppets in charge.

Good post mate. Agree with all of this.

Roll on Thursday.

The fact that I can understand clearly what he is talking about and what he wants is music to my ears. He knows football and what is required to win a game, not the half baked, read from a book, basing your management on a computer game crap that has been adopted by some so called managers in recent years. 

I may be proved wrong over the coming months, but I am starting to think that King may have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with his signing of SG as manager.

For the first time in 5 years I am excited about the season ahead.

A no nonsense manager who doesn't talk platitudes, tells his players what he expects. Tells the media what he wants from the team.

A squad that has real potential. Love it.

4 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

For the first time in 5 years I am excited about the season ahead.

A no nonsense manager who doesn't talk platitudes, tells his players what he expects. Tells the media what he wants from the team.

A squad that has real potential. Love it.

I wish I shared your optimism 

"First and foremost we must respect the people who pay good money to see us and if we perform in all areas of the pitch they will always be behind us" ..... roughly paraphrasing his winning attitude.

He is not so slowly getting his message over of what is required to play for us to his players .... and his no nonsense, no excuse approach is something that has been missing from our set up for too long.

:UK:

2 hours ago, Don Logan 2 said:

I'm sorry for you bud because for us glass half full types this is the best ever...league or no the Rangers are back

if you check my history I'm probably one of the most optimistic posters on here.

its called learning by your mistakes, I don't need your faux sympathy.