Ally McCoist

He is bang on the money. celtic are spending more on one player than our Dave King n co can offer Gerrard for complete transfer budget. The difference in the quality and depth of squads is plain to see. Until we can match it we are not going to beat the scum. Will be fighting out the season for 2nd place again. Board have made an absolute clusterfuck of our return to the top. 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

He is bang on the money. celtic are spending more on one player than our Dave King n co can offer Gerrard for complete transfer budget. The difference in the quality and depth of squads is plain to see. Until we can match it we are not going to beat the scum. Will be fighting out the season for 2nd place again. Board have made an absolute clusterfuck of our return to the top. 

We outspent them last season. Transfer fees is not what determines how a season will go Ffs. Leicester would have been relegated the season they won the league if that was the case 

7 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

We were in with a chance last season til we blew it against them in the 3-2 game at Ibrox. That after a shambolic season.

We scorer the most goals in the league last season and although it’s early days the defence seems much improved so far.

Anyone who thinks we don’t have a chance of the league this season is off their rocker. 

We finished 12 points behind them! Being in with a chance means fuck all until the last game of the season, they still have better players and right now a better manager. Did you watch any of the old firm games last season? Unfortunately fans like yourself that put unrealistic expectations on the new manager are setting yourself up for a fall. I’d love to be proved wrong but it’s beyond silly to think we’ll win it when we can’t even finish second! 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

We finished 12 points behind them! Being in with a chance means fuck all until the last game of the season, they still have better players and right now a better manager. Did you watch any of the old firm games last season? Unfortunately fans like yourself that put unrealistic expectations on the new manager are setting yourself up for a fall. I’d love to be proved wrong but it’s beyond silly to think we’ll win it when we can’t even finish second! 

I don’t think it’s unrealustic to suggest that with a work ethic and better organisation that this team can turn draws from last season into victories, which will move us closer.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I don’t think it’s unrealustic to suggest that with a work ethic and better organisation that this team can turn draws from last season into victories, which will move us closer.

I agree mate just not sure that as yet we’ve recruited as well as we should have but time will tell. 

9 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

In the ealry 90s our closest contenders weren't even celtic. Aberdeen came second in around 5 of our 9 seasons. celtic were mid table fodder until the mid 90s. It was our attempt at 8 in a row they eventually began getting their act together.

But the difference was even then, they were still beating us in the odd game. We've had 2 years of non-competing in OF league games and that's got to change under Gerrard. We also hadn't won all 6 of the last domestic trophies, beat them by a record score away from home and went a season unbeaten.

Let's not kid ourselves, there's a big gap.

But we've went about the wrong way trying to close it, by trying to outplay them (exactly what they did in the mid 90s). Hopefully under Gerrard, we'll become a tougher side who won't roll over and will grind out results, because that's what they did to stop 10iar and it worked. 

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

That taig team was well behind where the taig team is now though. 

We blew that team to pieces under Warburton in the cup semi. Ever since that we've been trounced 

we never really, they destroyed us in possession, had well over 30 shots in that game.  if it wasnt for an incredible missed open goal some real luck when the header came back off the bar and went out.  the aussie cunt missed a sitter as well.  in fact you could argue from memory the throw in we had where mckay scored should never have been ours and i think we went over 65 mins without an effort on goal.

to say we blew them to pieces is a bit OTT but still a great day

2 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

I’d rather we were getting hit with this patter rather than we are going to win the treble.

thats the way i feel about it.  write us off and no one is disappointed if we finish 2nd.  if we do won the league then it makes it even sweeter

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

we never really, they destroyed us in possession, had well over 30 shots in that game.  if it wasnt for an incredible missed open goal some real luck when the header came back off the bar and went out.  the aussie cunt missed a sitter as well.  in fact you could argue from memory the throw in we had where mckay scored should never have been ours and i think we went over 65 mins without an effort on goal.

to say we blew them to pieces is a bit OTT but still a great day

First half they were destroyed 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

possibly yeah but i was talking the whole game.  looking back it was probably the worst thing for us as well as i think they got a fright from the result and done what they did

It was. Didn't help that Gilligan was dancing around and basically geein it big licks to their directors