Ally McCoist

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I haven't read the interview either tbf but it's impossible to compare the gap in squads during our third division campaign when we didn't play them.

Even when we played them with Allys squad but McDowall managing them we only got beat 2-0 compared to the absolute cuffings we have had recently.

He's a fucking banger, blew a golden opportunity, followed by Warburton and then worst of all Pedro. He's a fucking cheek even talking about us.

1 hour ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

They did mate and it is hard to argue with the points you made. However I think the main difference between now and then is that during the early 90s you couldn't see them catching us and although the gap is still big just now I think there is a greater chance of us reeking them in than they had back then.

They are not a great side and we have grossly mismanaged but for me the gap then was bigger, we do with proper management, backing and a slice of luck have a chance of reeling them in.....

I actually think we have it harder , the quality of player has dropped drastically since then so any half decent one would rather go to the club that can pay a reasonable wage and win more often / higher profile to move on to a bigger league and be the only team in the country to play champions league football , add in the 30mil a season everytime they do that.

they have just came off the back of two trebles and lost like what 4 domestic games in that time? 0 from us.

I can’t wait to smash them to fucking bits again but with our recent signings we need lafferty to turn into Pele atm.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

There are legend fans on here that follow Rangers far and wide 

I don't mind saying I'm a legend for seeing every one of his OF goals live ?

Proud as fuck about that record 

Did you get to see his hat trick in the Glasgow cup final always been gutted I’ve never found footage ?

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Still playing golf with your pal , the hibs manager ally? Can't get that nauseating picture of they two together and mccoist all over him.

Same as Walter? He did it too.

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Has written us off for the season. Only chance we have is in the cups.

Coll he's got his opinion and is entitled to it.

HOWEVER he has said the gap between the tarriers and every other side is the biggest in his lifetime.

Now I'm sorry but what a steaming pile of shite! Mr. McCoist you actually played for the squad which had the biggest gap in your lifetime. Now I know he's wanting back in the media limelight but wtf.

Hes right. Just cause Ally said it doesnt mean its nonsense. It feels like every time we play them we get humped no matter where the game is. Its been more than embarrassing the past couple of years in the games v them.

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

I'm not buying the in his lifetime stuff though. I know that when we came back up there was a huge gulf and tbh there is still a gulf but I think a lot of people see stuff in the here and now and don't fully appreciate how far ahead we were in the early 90s probably barring one or two seasons.

Tarriers themselves were 3rd twice and 4th once I think and people may say I'm blinkered that the gap was greater then.

In the ealry 90s our closest contenders weren't even celtic. Aberdeen came second in around 5 of our 9 seasons. celtic were mid table fodder until the mid 90s. It was our attempt at 8 in a row they eventually began getting their act together.

56 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He's a fucking banger, blew a golden opportunity, followed by Warburton and then worst of all Pedro. He's a fucking cheek even talking about us.

This.

Loves talking about us as if he's not contributed to how far we are behinfcthe scum. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I haven't read the interview either tbf but it's impossible to compare the gap in squads during our third division campaign when we didn't play them.

Even when we played them with Allys squad but McDowall managing them we only got beat 2-0 compared to the absolute cuffings we have had recently.

That taig team was well behind where the taig team is now though. 

We blew that team to pieces under Warburton in the cup semi. Ever since that we've been trounced 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

That taig team was well behind where the taig team is now though. 

We blew that team to pieces under Warburton in the cup semi. Ever since that we've been trounced 

That's not really the point i was making though mate, the gap wasn't as big as it was suggested.

Our 9 in a row team was miles ahead of that taig team but we can't reqlly compare them as it was a different era.

We played well in the cup semi but also got lucky with Roberts miss and the Griffiths freekick that hit the bar and bounced off Foderingham and behind.

3 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Has written us off for the season. Only chance we have is in the cups.

Coll he's got his opinion and is entitled to it.

HOWEVER he has said the gap between the tarriers and every other side is the biggest in his lifetime.

Now I'm sorry but what a steaming pile of shite! Mr. McCoist you actually played for the squad which had the biggest gap in your lifetime. Now I know he's wanting back in the media limelight but wtf.

Guys a fucking joke, forget him.

Good gardener though, we know, we paid for it.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

cmon the gap is massive bud .It might hurt to admit it .It is and still will be unless we sign 2/3 better quality signings 

Cause it's SG doesn't mean he can turn shite into sudden league winners 

I believed the hype and I'm excited 

There is absolutely nothing yet to suggest we are going to start walking over the scum .We still have to keep it real 

Our biggest problem last year was goals conceded, the defence has improved and I am happy we have our own destiny in our hands to crack on. Yeah I would like 5 more players of better quality in but it isn't going to happen, so crack on with what you have and keep together as a unit and you will be better than the sum of the parts.

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Any Rangers fan that genuinely believes with their head (not their heart) that we can win the league this year is off their rocker. 

We were in with a chance last season til we blew it against them in the 3-2 game at Ibrox. That after a shambolic season.

We scorer the most goals in the league last season and although it’s early days the defence seems much improved so far.

Anyone who thinks we don’t have a chance of the league this season is off their rocker. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Don't feel offended by this opinion of his. 

He probably didn't consider his own time as manager in the lower divisions because we weren't in the same league and didn't play them then. There isn't really a comparison to be made from that time.

He loved the lower leagues so much we stayed down an extra year so he could enjoy the Karaoke.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

There are legend fans on here that follow Rangers far and wide 

I don't mind saying I'm a legend for seeing every one of his OF goals live ?

Proud as fuck about that record 

As impressive as that record is there's something it's thrown up in my head mate. It's not directly aimed at you btw, but I hate the fact some people elevate themselves to a higher support level than others because they're more fortunate to be from an area where attending all games is easier.

Again mate this isn't actually aimed at you it's just the legend fans that travel far and wide thing. The majority of those people that you've mentioned are within walking or driving distance of at the very least home games. 

For a lot of home games that fans outwidth of Scotland attend it costs us an absolute bomb. A lot of games I attend I have to after my ticket buy flight tickets and accomedation and at the very least have to pay boat fair both ways.

Sorry to use your post to say all this but it's something that irks fuck out of me when people try to say that certain fans are somewhat better than others