Are the facts pointing towards a real vendetta against The Rangers

backup

Coincidence or vendetta.  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Are the contentious decisions awarded against us coincidence or vendetta.

7 minutes ago, backup said:

It really doesn't, the ref backed his linesman's opinion as he didn't have one of his own, pretty sure the panel will back overturning it.

If he doesn't kick out then the linesman can have no opinion,so aye...it does.

Hopefully they do overturn it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

36 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I think its a mixture of incompetence and fear from the referees

theyre terrible at their job, that much is obvious

theyre also terrified to look like theyre giving decisions in our favour. I dont necessarily believe there is a vendetta against us but the refs are terrified of appearing pro-Rangers.

The fact of the matter is Lennon, Rogers and celtic fc have completely brought the game into disrepute and the referees are terrified of upsetting them to the point that they are now incapable of doing their jobs properly as its been going on for years. They know if they give us a penalty in a big game that the oppositions manager will hang them out to dry for it so there is definitely a bias against us

Something needs to change wether its brining in new refs or retraining the current ones or the SFA should change the rules to forbid managers commentating on refereeing decisions and trying to influence them. IMO the managers should have no contact with refs whatsoever

Good point. Could a anonymous poll be taken by the Ref association to identify if this is the problem?

3 hours ago, RobertN said:

We need to rise above it not get sucked in like morelos did

don' blame the wee man well in but that is what they want

laugh in there faces after we beat them this is revenge

Rise above it?

Remember Stokes in the Hibs game?

Ryan Jack red carded 4 times in about 3 months while previous 5 years with the Sheep 1 (ONE!) red card!

Rise above it?????

Biased bastards!

13 minutes ago, Sket said:

If he doesn't kick out then the linesman can have no opinion,so aye...it does.

Hopefully they do overturn it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The linesman could have made no decision, which in itself is a decision, instead to even andy walker of all people he made a wrong decision, so the linesman could have let the handbags go and we wouldn't be having this discussion. And very likely we would be sitting with 3 points.

Do you need to even ask? No one is that incompetent, the 4th official with a screen sees a flick that is really still not conclusive but he and the linesman miss to clear barges and the second one was way over the top yet goes unpunished.  

Time to demand a meeting with the SFA as they cost us 2 pts yesterday and not for the first time 

3 minutes ago, backup said:

The linesman could have made no decision, which in itself is a decision, instead to even andy walker of all people he made a wrong decision, so the linesman could have let the handbags go and we wouldn't be having this discussion. And very likely we would be sitting with 3 points.

The 4th official and the linesman both called it, this makes it worse as the 4th official can see a screen, so if he seen the kick out which is hard to see as it's the way he landed also why can't he see the second barge which leads to a yellow at least and a free kick for Rangers 

There is no ifs or buts and refuse to sign any new tv deal in the future and refuse to take part in the SFA's own cup which will result in no cunt wanting to sponser it.

These cunts need the blue pound so time to start denying them it. Meanwhile we still sell out Ibrox to 50,000 loyal bears 

To anyone who says we're not being cheated then answer me this, how come the linesman claims that he never saw McKenna barging Morelos as he only witnessed a split second of the incident, he might have got away with that for the 1st barge but the 2nd barge and Morelos's kick out were all in the same movement, so that makes the linesman a lying bastard and that is CHEATING, no ifs buts or maybees about it

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think that there is a real problem in us getting fair treatment.

The problem stems from just how much we are hated by everyone else in this fucking country.

No matter how bad a call is against us, through social media or phone-ins, there will be more input defending the decision than saying we were hard done by.

When a decision goes against celtic, or indeed anyone playing against us, phone lines get bombarded, social media explodes, the referees life gets ripped apart.

I think these consequences play into the minds of the refs, subconsciously at least, so they are far quicker to give a decision against us or avoid giving one to our opposition. 

Absolutely spot-on with your post.  It has been happening for a fair number of years now but it has become much worse since our recent period of weakness following on from 2012.   The rot set in under SDM with his dignified silence (appeasement) nonsense which got us nowhere.    It is long overdue for our hierarchy to call out the anti-Rangers bias in Scottish football.. 

2 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Fair enough but one thing to bear in mind is the timing of the red card. We were 10 minutes into a new season. 10 minutes ffs! At worse it was a petulant reaction to being barged.

He shouldn't have done it but there is no way on this earth that merited a red card. Any other team and I mean ANY team gets away with a warning for that "offence" yesterday and that's the whole problem in a nutshell. 

I expect nothing less against motherwell and so on and so on until we do something about it. We are being cheated. It cannot be allowed to continue otherwise there is no point in contesting this league any longer. 

We as a club are trying to make our way back to the top by fair means. We don't ask or expect any favours just even handed officialdom yet we are clearly being denied that the exact same as last season and the one before. It has to change. 

Good Ref gets the whole story from the linesman, it’s the first 10 mins he goes over tells the 2 of them to give it a break and play football. 

Job done and away we go, but no he gets told Mo kicked the defender and couldn’t get the Red card out quick enough. 

Terrible refereeing and a great example of the Refs being shit scared of being seen to give us the benefit of the doubt and the backlash that will follow for him and his family. 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Absolutely spot-on with your post.  It has been happening for a fair number of years now but it has become much worse since our recent period of weakness following on from 2012.   The rot set in under SDM with his dignified silence (appeasement) nonsense which got us nowhere.    It is long overdue for our hierarchy to call out the anti-Rangers bias in Scottish football.. 

But Gerrard was also unhappy with Kevin Clancy’s decision not to punish Dominic Ball for a foul on Josh Windass as he pointed to the spot in the first half.

He said: “We need to try and use it to our advantage.

“It’s not just today, it’s been happening for a while. It’s been happening for a good while.

“I believe it’s been happening for seasons. That’s my opinion, just my opinion.

“I’ve watched footage, yeah. Look, I don’t think we ever get anything to go for us.

“Everything we have seen today is about Rangers. So someone should give me answers on that.

“Someone should give me the answers because if there’s anyone in his room thinks nothing should have happened after that penalty...

“It is what is. I can’t control if the issue is going to be ongoing. All I can do is give my opinion on it"

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

McKenna barged shoulder first into him twice, pity the Linesman decided that didn’t need a decision. 

I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right though. If he doesn't kick out then this whole debate doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Coplander2 said:

I dont buy into this.  Didnt buy into the Tim paranoia either.

Moaning about the red card doesnt help the argument.  It was a clear kick at another player off the ball.  That's a red.  Stick to the real bad decisions not just the ones we don't like.

Yes a clear kick no doubt , but was it violent conduct or petulant ? i choose the latter as McKenna knows he's the aggressor and doesn't even react to the kick. Morelos is the victim here as it could be argued  he's protecting himself after a violent unprovoked attack from a 6'4" 15 st bully. McKenna's action is premeditated and probably on advice from management while Moreos is on instinct to protect himself. You don't buy into the tim paranoia  ? how about us having three red cards rescinded last season and how about Clancy ? He's just given a penalty for a clear jersey tug but doesn't produce the RED which the rules clearly state is the only option ?

48 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

When a linesman says he didnt see a blatant barge on one of our players that was verging on assault but saw our player kick out, where both incidents took place almost simultaneously its hardly surprising we are questioning impartiality of match officials.

I've watched it back on the clip on here and the linesman appears to be looking along the line the whole time.

Which means he's either lying about only seeing part of the incident, or he blinked for a pretty long time. Know which one I reckon.

If nothing else, more folk seem to be accepting that something just ain't right with refereeing against us. The terminology- conspiracy, bias, unconscious bias or whatever - may vary and cause disagreement, but very few appear now to suggest there's no issues or concerns we're being hard done to.

We need the manager/ club to give us something to get behind in terms of challenging ongoing injustices. Let's not let this go ?

9 minutes ago, Sket said:

I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right though. If he doesn't kick out then this whole debate doesn't exist.

I agree but that’s just it, even Walker thought it harsh and that’s saying something. If the Ref deals with both of them we don’t say a word about it, but the shoulder in the jaw didn’t even get a mention. It continues into the second half with May on Jack straight  into the back of his head commentators and pundits laughing it off as Jack collapses to the ground after getting up not a word to May from the Ref  

So first game of the season we have Mo looking at suspension and if Jack has a concussion he will miss Thursday, exactly like last season Rangers players getting put out of the game either by terrible decisions or terrible tackles going unpunished  The Ref in the very first game has went fill your boots Scottish football iis open season on Rangers players again  

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree but that’s just it, even Walker thought it harsh and that’s saying something. If the Ref deals with both of them we don’t say a word about it, but the shoulder in the jaw didn’t even get a mention. It continues into the second half with May on Jack straight  into the back of his head commentators and pundits laughing it off as Jack collapses to the ground after getting up not a word to May from the Ref  

So first game of the season we have Mo looking at suspension and if Jack has a concussion he will miss Thursday, exactly like last season Rangers players getting put out of the game either by terrible decisions or terrible tackles going unpunished  The Ref in the very first game has went fill your boots Scottish football iis open season on Rangers players again  

Mate i agree with you. My point is simply Morelos shouldn't have lost his discipline and kicked out. He did,he was harshly shown a red card and now we are playing catch up from day one.